On 7/19/2022 at 2:46 PM, steveholt said:

I'd love to see the A Team van

On top of that - new windscreen (so it nicely fits 8-9 wide van).

Bought the Dodge Charger in John Lewis yesterday for £17.99, very happy with it! No signs of the Aston Martin however. Despite hating the F&F movies, having a Lego Vin Diesel is a beautiful feeling.

3 hours ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

Bought the Dodge Charger in John Lewis yesterday for £17.99, very happy with it! No signs of the Aston Martin however. Despite hating the F&F movies, having a Lego Vin Diesel is a beautiful feeling.

Which branch of JL? Sounds like a clanger as the set isn’t released for another week! 😝

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/fast-furious-1970-dodge-charger-r-t-76912

So, I'm going to assume that third set is cancelled, given that these come out in a week and there is still zero information?  That seems odd, because wasn't there a price and part count for it?  I know set numbers will be cancelled all of the time, but how often do we get info on a piece count and price and never see the set?

I suppose you are right, or possibly to be released later as part of a promotion or something, coinciding with some other release. However I have no idea what it could be.

Edited by Johnny1360

13 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I suppose you are right, or possibly to be released later as part of a promotion or something, coinciding with some other release. However I have no idea what it could be.

Yeah, that is interesting. Maybe there will be sth like release new set with official release/presentation new sport car/race car. 

I think whoever made DB5 is genius, he sneaked gun in theme where  guns are prohibited.

This piece BrickLink - Part 60849 : LEGO Minifigure, Utensil Hose Nozzle Elaborate [Minifigure, Utensil] - BrickLink Reference Catalog was used as gun in CMF some times.

Guess what in set this black nozzle is included and we get one as spare.

Voila a Bond has his PPK included!

Edited by Ondra

12 hours ago, Ondra said:

I think whoever made DB5 is genius, he sneaked gun in theme where  guns are prohibited.

This piece BrickLink - Part 60849 : LEGO Minifigure, Utensil Hose Nozzle Elaborate [Minifigure, Utensil] - BrickLink Reference Catalog was used as gun in CMF some times.

Guess what in set this black nozzle is included and we get one as spare.

Voila a Bond has his PPK included!

Wow, glad that slipped past Lego's "Parental Controls"! Personally, I always saw that piece as a pistol, so I'm surprised that was able to slip past.

4 hours ago, noahtheb said:

Wow, glad that slipped past Lego's "Parental Controls"! Personally, I always saw that piece as a pistol, so I'm surprised that was able to slip past.

Well it isnt gun its officialy nozzle :grin:. Its just our imagination that makes it perfect gun piece.

When I studied DB5 before purchase, i think that nozzle can be easily replaced with another similar piece, so there is actually no need of it in set. But I think this piece is there just to sneak gun, because its always had spare one when its included.

5 hours ago, Ondra said:

Well it isnt gun its officialy nozzle :grin:. Its just our imagination that makes it perfect gun piece.

It was a used as gun in almost all sets of the Agents theme, even had a villain with a Golden Gun like a Bond Movie had.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

It was a used as gun in almost all sets of the Agents theme, even had a villain with a Golden Gun like a Bond Movie had.

Thanks, that interesting.

I found that once in Agent from CMF series, now I use that piece as some kind of bad megablocks weapon. Its easy to modded it with technic pins, even with suppressors.

I already prepared gun with suppressor for Bond minifigure, but another gun is welcomed.

Does anyone know why the F&F Dodge is so hard to find in the US outside of LEGO.com? Is that one a store exclusive? 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance
Clarifying US

20 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Does anyone know why the F&F Dodge is so hard to find in the US outside of LEGO.com? Is that one a store exclusive? 

I think of its popularity, its US franchise. Its sold out I think

Anyway today I build both sets, when Charger offer more building time and much more pieces, final product is not special at all. I think there was room to make it better, but is somehat boxier than real car.

But DB5, is for me probably perfect Speed Championship set all, final product its so sleak and very true to real car. Its bigger than classic SC cars and its for good. Sadly there cannot be fitted 4 minifigures, back seats are just for looks. And I would like brickbuild grille but these are prints, so its no problem. There is spare nozzle that works like gun and Bond figure is very similar to Craig, Vin Diesel figure not at all.

I would buy another DB5 without hesitation, but Charger not.

And both sets work well without stickers!

Edited by Ondra

I'm looking forward to building the DB5, after all your comments! 

2 hours ago, Ondra said:

And both sets work well without stickers!

I don't understand, why the dont make the stickers transparent, then we would avoid the mis-match in background color...

Edited by jpx
missed quote

2 hours ago, jpx said:

I don't understand, why the dont make the stickers transparent, then we would avoid the mis-match in background color...

I once had transparent sticker sheet, that was print on probably recycled paper. On stickers there were some black fibers from paper under. It ruined whole model

I hate so much stickers in Speed Champions, so I only choose sets without heavily used, or when they are used very little or can be forget.

From photos, videos stickers kinda ruin that DB5, because they are heavily colour mismatched.

Edited by Ondra

Now that Speed Champions is diving into movie/entertainment franchises, these are my top 3 wishes:

1. Toyota Trueno AE86 from Initial D

2. Ford Falcon XB GT from Mad Max Fury Road

3. Porsche 911 Turbo from Cyberpunk (or any of the retro-futuristic cars like the Quadra or Shion)

On 7/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, Ondra said:

Didn't noticed this until I saw your comment, good catch!

9 hours ago, Ondra said:

I would like brickbuild grille but these are prints, so its no problem.

Again - shame that license plates are stickers, but most important pieces of car are prints and it looks good without stickers (unlike Bronco R which sides I had to modify using bricks - last part is recreate front).

9 hours ago, Ondra said:

I would buy another DB5 without hesitation, but Charger not.

I did - purchased it this Saturday for ~90% of current price and after building it I went to buy another one (not gonna lie - need another one for parts to build another MOC).
Hopefully you'll like mine Modular Dodge Charger second generation (1968-70) 8-wide then (I'll be releasing instruction very soon [later I will remade it into MOD of F&F charger] - just last small changes in instruction & they are good to go) - below 1970 variant:

Spoiler
On 7/14/2022 at 11:20 PM, thomasanderson said:

1970%20-%2001.jpg
1970%20-%2002.jpg

4 hours ago, Ondra said:

I hate so much stickers.

FTFY (only good use case for stickers I saw so far was rust effect from creator Ecto-1 [which again had license plate made of stickers])

6 hours ago, jpx said:

It's very good build IMHO

3 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Take my steering wheel! (and my axe)

My top 3 wishes:

Black Lamborghini Countach from Canonball Run with the "2 great looking chicks inside"

Bluesmobile from Blues Brothers with Jake and Elwood Blues

KITT from Knight Rider with Micheal Night

Honorable mention to the Chevrolet NASCAR from Days of Thunder with Cole Trickle even though it will never happen...

4 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

That would probably be the only thing on the planet that would get me to actually buy anything that said "Ford" on it...

12 hours ago, thomasanderson said:

Didn't noticed this until I saw your comment, good catch!

Again - shame that license plates are stickers, but most important pieces of car are prints and it looks good without stickers (unlike Bronco R which sides I had to modify using bricks - last part is recreate front).

I did - purchased it this Saturday for ~90% of current price and after building it I went to buy another one (not gonna lie - need another one for parts to build another MOC).
Hopefully you'll like mine Modular Dodge Charger second generation (1968-70) 8-wide then (I'll be releasing instruction very soon [later I will remade it into MOD of F&F charger] - just last small changes in instruction & they are good to go) - below 1970 variant:

Hide contents

FTFY (only good use case for stickers I saw so far was rust effect from creator Ecto-1 [which again had license plate made of stickers])

It's very good build IMHO

Take my steering wheel! (and my axe)

Its really good moc, fixes a lot problems that I have with that set.

Cars that I like to have. More Bond cars as I say Delorean and Eleanor shelby GT500.

From brands BMW and Mercedes.

20 hours ago, Ondra said:

I once had transparent sticker sheet, that was print on probably recycled paper. On stickers there were some black fibers from paper under. It ruined whole model

What set was that? I remember the Porsche 75895 had a great transparent sticker sheet, I'd wish they did that for all Speed Champions models! 

Personally, I tend to build the model without any stickers, and then decide which ones are needed, and which ones that I can live without. 

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

My top 3 wishes:

Black Lamborghini Countach from Canonball Run with the "2 great looking chicks inside"

Great wishes! 

13 minutes ago, jpx said:

What set was that? I remember the Porsche 75895 had a great transparent sticker sheet, I'd wish they did that for all Speed Champions models! 

Personally, I tend to build the model without any stickers, and then decide which ones are needed, and which ones that I can live without. 

Great wishes! 

It was Supra from speed champions, my first one It kinda ruined these headlights, worst usage of stickers ever, Luckily they understan, that it was mistake.

16 hours ago, jonwil said:

My top 3 wishes:

Honorable mention to the Chevrolet NASCAR from Days of Thunder with Cole Trickle even though it will never happen...

My top 3 wishes are....

1. A Subaru Impreza 22B STI and Subaru WRX STI S209 racing duel set. 

2. Honda Workshop Set with the Ek9 and FL5 generations of the Civic Type R

3. Lexus RC F

I built the 76912 Fast & Furious 1970 Dodge Charger R/T, here my quick thouhts.... Love the: role cage, blower rear trunk, taillights, bumber, exhaust, door handles, shifter, side and air inlets.  The car looks sooo munch better than what's on the box.  There's too many lines from the plates on the side of the car that are highlighted on the box, looks terrible.  The rims look too funcky but at least TLG is trying to put out something new. 

....but, WTF is up with the roof?????   It's not locked down with any studs!!!    I looked back at the directions, I didn't see that I did anything wrong.   If you turn the car upside down, it just falls off.