19 hours ago, dimka_ya said:

I am also very interested in what the new Charger will be like. Considering the amazing kits this year, I would like to hope that 76912 will be just as good :)
... I tried to build my version for now.

52029180796_80fae30b47_z.jpg 52029180741_36f86ea8ba_z.jpg

I love your taillight solution! If the Dodge Charger set has a worse solution, I'll definitely swap in yours.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:23 PM, MTBingNinja said:

Hope Toretto’s Charger looks different than the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from set 75893.  Without pictures yet, I’m skeptical 

It would have to be better, right? That Charger was severely under-served by the 6-stud width. As with most of the earlier cars, I widened it by 2 studs, and it's significantly improved. Either way, it's two black Chargers, so it's going to look similar, but there's a chance at a good re-do with the increased width.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, Big Adam said:

I just want it to look significantly different (better!) than last year’s Dodge Challenger.

There's a lot less room for improvement on that one. I thought the Challenger was pretty great.

16 hours ago, SirBlake said:

There's a lot less room for improvement on that one. I thought the Challenger was pretty great.

Same, it was one of my favorites of the wave.

Glad you guys liked it. For me, the sides and top were just too flat and it did not take advantage of the move to 8-wide. 
…….still had to buy it tho’ 😀

Edited by Big Adam

decided to build and DB5. It seems to me that on the official set, the radiator grille will be made with a sticker, and the headlights too :)

52034165419_b65790d3e6_c.jpg

12 hours ago, dimka_ya said:

decided to build and DB5. It seems to me that on the official set, the radiator grille will be made with a sticker, and the headlights too :)

52034165419_b65790d3e6_c.jpg

Looks great! Unfortunately, you're probably right, though I really hope you're wrong. Brick-built details would be so much nicer, especially on a classic like this one.

It really looks great! But I am more interested in the Charger. There already are a lot of good Charger builds out there, it's hard for LEGO to top it.

Edited by brickhead_07

7 hours ago, noahtheb said:

Looks great! Unfortunately, you're probably right, though I really hope you're wrong. Brick-built details would be so much nicer, especially on a classic like this one.

I also like it better when everything is made of details, with a minimum of stickers. I would like to find a beautiful solution and build already 911 :)
p.s. the radiator grill may be

52035656663_ed1ac5e8e8_c.jpg

When I built my DB5, I didn’t specifically look at others, so as not to use anything for sure. 
After the construction was completed, I looked out of curiosity - Google gives few results on the scale of Speed champions. 
It will be very interesting what TLC will present :)

22 hours ago, dimka_ya said:

I also like it better when everything is made of details, with a minimum of stickers. I would like to find a beautiful solution and build already 911 :)
p.s. the radiator grill may be

52035656663_ed1ac5e8e8_c.jpg

When I built my DB5, I didn’t specifically look at others, so as not to use anything for sure. 
After the construction was completed, I looked out of curiosity - Google gives few results on the scale of Speed champions. 
It will be very interesting what TLC will present :)

Yes, TLC's model will definitely be an interesting one. I just noticed this now, but I really like your B and C pillars.

I just noticed that most of the lego summer set pictures were released, but no speed champions. Will we get the james bond and fast and furious revealed next month or not till july?

Promobricks list them as August releases so likely pictures around July.

Very interested to see what they'll do for a James Bond LEGO figure, very likely to have a somewhat generic yellow figure with dark hair in a suit (multiple bond actors have driven the DB5 in the movies), Craig doesn't have dark hair so maybe another extra hair piece as well (instead of a helmet?)

Also I doubt they'll include a pistol, despite it being pretty much part of the logo and every movie in multiple ways like the intro and uses.

Gadgets, maybe, but at a smaller scale it'd surprise me if it had ejection seat, but maybe some hint of rocket launchers  or oil slick is somehow included (black water splat piece from City as oil ?)

Edited by TeriXeri

Oil slick would be great and would both fit with James Bond and be acceptable to LEGO and their "no guns" policy.

Promobricks just confirmed that Aston Martin includes Craig's James Bond, light nougat colour. They expect the same for Dominic Toretto.

The set consists of the car, Bond, and extra license plates.

Wow, I still can't believe this is actually happening. It's a dream come true.

Indeed very cool, hopefully though it doesn't overshadow or completely replace Speed Champions as we now know it, as it is actually one of my favorite themes.

Still looking forward to some pictures soon.

Daniel Craig Bond Minifigure just leaked! He looks good, not so sure about the hair though.

The hair could be better, but hey, WE'VE GOT A LEGO JAMES BOND!

That's so exciting :wub:

Can't wait to see Mr. Family himself.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

the Mr Incredible hair in dark tan definitely would‘ve been preferable! 

My thoughts exactly!

Definitely buying Charger and DB5, this is something I have waited for . 

Im not fan of that Craig figure, because it feels old and tired. But first bond figure its something.

Gotta love how dead the Speed Champions thread is :tongue:

Aston Martin looks fantastic. It's quite perfect, and Craig looks good too.

Dodge Charger is also great. There's something off about Dom's face tho.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Gotta love how dead the Speed Champions thread is :tongue:

Aston Martin looks fantastic. It's quite perfect, and Craig looks good too.

Dodge Charger is also great. There's something off about Dom's face tho.

Please show, I can't find any photos.

Spoiler

77695_Fast%203.png77695_Aston%203.png

Pictures of sets inside spoiler, from Brickset.

Edited by Murdoch17

Not impressed with the Charger, but the blower looks bitcn’n. 

Hats off to the DB7!!!! The curves look sexy.