Some random thing I noticed: is the Lotus set the only set that has the Speed Champions Logo on the back of the box?? Seems like a mistake!?

Edited by User5346

The Countach sold out super fast on Lego.com!

Good news for '80s era super car fans like me. Maybe we'll get more of them.

(And don't tell me the Countach came out in 1974 like I don't know. The Countach was the car of the 80s, and was in production for the entire '80s, not the entire '70s.)

3 hours ago, danth said:

The Countach sold out super fast on Lego.com!

Good news for '80s era super car fans like me. Maybe we'll get more of them.

(And don't tell me the Countach came out in 1974 like I don't know. The Countach was the car of the 80s, and was in production for the entire '80s, not the entire '70s.)

I hope Lego makes a 959.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:55 PM, jonwil said:

Just did an analysis and I can confirm that the only exclusive parts in the Countach are the printed windscreen, the printed wheel covers, the minifig torso and the sticker sheet (which in my copy had a transparent background, not sure if that's true for all copies)

I can also confirm that all the white parts exist in black (except the wheel covers and windscreen) as well if you wanted to build one in that color. Red is also possible but you would have to substitute the 1 x 2 double corner panel for 2 1 x 1 corner panels. Yellow (another color closely associated with the Countach) is not possible at this time.

The red interior can be changed to black or white. Tan is also possible other than the steering wheel.

This is great intel, thank you. Couple more I was considering looking into build possibilities for are Lime, similar to the original concept's color, and they did a very nice blue - sort of between dark azure and normal blue.

I still fail to appreciate the obsession with F&F (and another generic square US muscle car).

Let’s hope the SC DB5 captures the beauty of the real thing better than the Creator version. If they include gadgets like the ejector seat and guns, I’m afraid it’ll be a bit of a mess.

I’m high on the Lamborghini and Ferrari with this new series but not big on the others. I lean towards the older style cars. The newer cars seem all too familiar to my.  I’m an old soul.  Nonetheless, I bought all of the 8 wides and look forward to building them. 

I've ordered all the latest range. I waited until 3 March so that I also get the GWP. Three of the sets were on backorder by then, but only until about mid-March, which I can cope with!

I hope the next round of them aren't movie tie-ins. I don't mind if they have, for example, a non-Bond normal DB5, I just don't want movie cars.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:47 PM, noahtheb said:

I hope Lego makes a 959.

That car shared many posters with the Countach on teenagers' bedroom walls when I was growing up!

So I finally found all of these in stores. Found all of them at Walmart, and all but the Countach at Barnes & Noble. So the Countach that's two places I've witnessed the Countach sell out.

8 hours ago, danth said:

That car shared many posters with the Countach on teenagers' bedroom walls when I was growing up!

So I finally found all of these in stores. Found all of them at Walmart, and all but the Countach at Barnes & Noble. So the Countach that's two places I've witnessed the Countach sell out.

That's funny. I was on a date today, and we walked into Barnes and Noble, and Every Single Set of the Wave was there. Unfortunately, I didn't bring enough money. 

It sure would be nice to revisit the DeLorean with a new windscreen element that is similar to the ones seen in speed champions, but 1 stud lower and not curved on the side profile at the base. The 4 stud tall windscreen element is too tall for some vehicles and would be better off creating a new windscreen to reflect older models that did not ha e curved walls. Most cars until the late 90s had a lot of hard edges so it could be widely used for older vintage models. 

2 hours ago, cehnot said:

It sure would be nice to revisit the DeLorean with a new windscreen element that is similar to the ones seen in speed champions, but 1 stud lower and not curved on the side profile at the base. The 4 stud tall windscreen element is too tall for some vehicles and would be better off creating a new windscreen to reflect older models that did not ha e curved walls. Most cars until the late 90s had a lot of hard edges so it could be widely used for older vintage models. 

That would've been great for the Countach! That and better printing of course.

2 hours ago, noahtheb said:

That would've been great for the Countach! That and better printing of course.

The new windscreen is great for modern cars, but they do need a classic one as well. 

SO as if leaks true and we will have 76912 1970 Dodge Charger

could some one posted mocs pictures for that car here, so we can discuss what it can look like

I dived into instructions to choose sets to buy mostly by interesting building techniques and how it looks finished.

My winners are Elvija and 512m . I cannot wait to build these two sets.

From my perspective speed champions is one of best theme. Sets are affordable, offer satisfaction and they can be put into city, diorama or just onto shelf. Same goes to recent batmobiles!

I'm seeing rumors for 2 $20 sets and 1 $30 set coming in June, with the 2 smaller sets being the DB5 and the Dodge Charger from F&F.

I really think the $30 will be a BTTF Delorean with 2 figures and all the accessories to make the models from each movie -- thoughts?

Finished up the last of this years offerings, the Mercedes set, one of my favorite builds of the wave but man that wing on front of the F1 car looks funny up so high.

I have to say I found this years, so far, SC theme, to be very satisfying as far as the builds go, even though some of the techniques seem a bit fragile for official LEGO sets. I really enjoy building SC and feel it is literally one of the best things going now for TLG, inexpensive yet challenging builds. I look forward to the theme sticking around, the change to 8 wide was a great idea and hopefully any other changes are just as good.

18 hours ago, nikeee516 said:

I'm seeing rumors for 2 $20 sets and 1 $30 set coming in June, with the 2 smaller sets being the DB5 and the Dodge Charger from F&F.

I really think the $30 will be a BTTF Delorean with 2 figures and all the accessories to make the models from each movie -- thoughts?

That is making big sense, when there was UCS Tumbler last year, same year we got also minifig Tumbler.

So this can be same case, fingers crossed.

007 Aston Martin DB5 (76911) - 20€, 298 pcs

Fast & Furious 1970 Dodge Charger R/T (76912) - 20€, 345 pcs

Thanks to wagners24.de, we now know the piece counts for those sets, and they are really great.

Hope Toretto’s Charger looks different than the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from set 75893.  Without pictures yet, I’m skeptical 

10 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

Hope Toretto’s Charger looks different than the 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from set 75893.  Without pictures yet, I’m skeptical 

I just want it to look significantly different (better!) than last year’s Dodge Challenger.

I am also very interested in what the new Charger will be like. Considering the amazing kits this year, I would like to hope that 76912 will be just as good :)
... I tried to build my version for now.

52029180796_80fae30b47_z.jpg 52029180741_36f86ea8ba_z.jpg