2 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Keep SC pure. No Batman BS. An Aston would be welcome. An Aston with missiles would not. Nuff said.

It's not like it's one or the other, things can co-exist.

I don’t mind these two rumoured sets as they offer something different to the theme. It’s got me thinking that the 3rd mystery set rumoured for August, will probably also be based on a movie franchise as well. Any thoughts on what it could be?

The third set could be a Delorean to go with the rumoured UCS one that's supposed to be coming later this year.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Of course. Speed Champions exist. And 1001 Batman sets exist. But why blend the two?

The switch to 8-wide made SC more realistic and less cartoon-like. Adding in a movie franchise just takes things backwards.

7 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Keep SC pure. No Batman BS. An Aston would be welcome. An Aston with missiles would not. Nuff said.

This, anything else great as it might be, then belongs in some licensed theme. Of course it would be great to see some licensed vehicles and in fact we have some new ones built in the same style as Speed Champions. Obviously SC needs to remain true to its roots, real life cars not fantasy stuff.

Edited by Johnny1360

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, I have never been even slightly interested in Speed Champions, but they have certainly got my full attention now.

A James Bond set and a Fast & Furious set? That's another dream come true. I love how much LEGO is expanding this year with new themes and subthemes.

I definitely hope they include minifigures from those franchises tho, it would be pointless without them. 

Bond could either be one of the actors (Craig is most likely imo), or perhaps even a version made up by LEGO?

For Fast & Furious, Dom is pretty much the only logical pick.

I think the Bond will be Connery, it's the 60th anniversary of the 007 franchise this year. 

5 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Of course. Speed Champions exist. And 1001 Batman sets exist. But why blend the two?

The switch to 8-wide made SC more realistic and less cartoon-like. Adding in a movie franchise just takes things backwards.

This is just gatekeeping thinking, Ninjago has the Legacy subtheme, it doesn't mean that can't coexist with the seasons sets. A Speed Champions subtheme with license movie and perhaps tv show cars is not a bad thing at all, it doesn't mean you won't get your Speed Champs cars. 

After that night I think that:
- if those sets are true:
   * it would be new series 
      with new names e. g.        
      "Speed Champions - 
       famous cars" or 
       "Movie Cars"
   * it would be those cars 
      but without oryginal 
      drivers and without 
      catapults etc.

- if those sets are fake (most probably):
   * maybe we'll see BMW
   * maybe it will 
      accessories or pit 
      stops
   * it would be some 
      Porsche

But unofficial info: NÒ‰eÒ‰wÒ‰ Ò‰lÒ‰eÒ‰aÒ‰kÒ‰eÒ‰dÒ‰ Ò‰pÒ‰hÒ‰oÒ‰tÒ‰oÒ‰sÒ‰ Ò‰wÒ‰iÒ‰lÒ‰lÒ‰ Ò‰aÒ‰vÒ‰aÒ‰iÒ‰lÒ‰aÒ‰bÒ‰lÒ‰eÒ‰ Ò‰fÒ‰rÒ‰oÒ‰mÒ‰ Ò‰3Ò‰0Ò‰ Ò‰oÒ‰rÒ‰ Ò‰3Ò‰1Ò‰.Ò‰0Ò‰1Ò‰.Ò‰2Ò‰0Ò‰2Ò‰2Ò‰.

1 hour ago, Bartlomiej said:

* it would be new series 
      with new names e. g.        
      "Speed Champions - 
       famous cars" or 
       "Movie Cars"
   * it would be those cars 
      but without oryginal 
      drivers and without 
      catapults etc.

* maybe we'll see BMW
   * maybe it will 
      accessories or pit 
      stops
   * it would be some 
      Porsche

But unofficial info: NÒ‰eÒ‰wÒ‰ Ò‰lÒ‰eÒ‰aÒ‰kÒ‰eÒ‰dÒ‰ Ò‰pÒ‰hÒ‰oÒ‰tÒ‰oÒ‰sÒ‰ Ò‰wÒ‰iÒ‰lÒ‰lÒ‰ Ò‰aÒ‰vÒ‰aÒ‰iÒ‰lÒ‰aÒ‰bÒ‰lÒ‰eÒ‰ Ò‰fÒ‰rÒ‰oÒ‰mÒ‰ Ò‰3Ò‰0Ò‰ Ò‰oÒ‰rÒ‰ Ò‰3Ò‰1Ò‰.Ò‰0Ò‰1Ò‰.Ò‰2Ò‰0Ò‰2Ò‰2Ò‰.

They are most likely real, promobricks are accurate with their leaked info and reliable. It's not another uncharted case, and what's the point of doing a movie license if it doesn't include the actual minifig of the character? I wish all SC sets had flesh color minifigs instead of yellow, maybe I would get into them easier. 

3 minutes ago, Mr No said:

They are most likely real, promobricks are accurate with their leaked info and reliable. It's not another uncharted case, and what's the point of doing a movie license if it doesn't include the actual minifig of the character? I wish all SC sets had flesh color minifigs instead of yellow, maybe I would get into them easier. 

OK. Maybe Promobricks is reliable, but yellow Ferrari 512M was rumored too, but this car is fake, because it was ideas project. 

45 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

OK. Maybe Promobricks is reliable, but yellow Ferrari 512M was rumored too, but this car is fake, because it was ideas project. 

Your logic is ridiculous, just because Ideas had that car as a project it doesn't mean Lego cannot do it. 

37 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Your logic is ridiculous, just because Ideas had that car as a project it doesn't mean Lego cannot do it. 

I didn't tell, that LEGO never do 512M, I told that this ideas was leaked like real set (as we know this official set will be red, without printing tyres).

So maybe 76911 will be AM DB5 without James Bond theme. 

And one more thing: in Lego official catalog is writing that ALL new SC will be available from March, so or we'll get all set in March or 76911 and 76912 will be sets like Batmobile. 

24 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

I didn't tell, that LEGO never do 512M, I told that this ideas was leaked like real set (as we know this official set will be red, without printing tyres).

So maybe 76911 will be AM DB5 without James Bond theme. 

And one more thing: in Lego official catalog is writing that ALL new SC will be available from March, so or we'll get all set in March or 76911 and 76912 will be sets like Batmobile. 

I had a stroke trying to read this. Just because it said in the catalog that all the sets will release in March means nothing, promobricks said 3 movie themed sets are coming in August so this is a separate wave, to differentiate this subtheme most likely ftom the main SC sets. I don't get the hatred to licensed minifigures and movies cars. 

Edited by Mr No

2 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I had a stroke trying to read this. Just because it said in the catalog that all the sets will release in March means nothing, promobricks said 3 movie themed sets are coming in August so this is a separate wave, to differentiate this subtheme most likely ftom the main SC sets. I don't get the hatred to licensed minifigures and movies cars. 

Yes, this is what I mean. This wave would be something like "Speed Champions - Movie cars" but not pure SC. 

2 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

Yes, this is what I mean. This wave would be something like "Speed Champions - Movie cars" but not pure SC. 

Yes, that's the intent. 

3 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

* it would be new series 
      with new names e. g.        
      "Speed Champions - 
       famous cars" or 
       "Movie Cars"
   * it would be those cars 
      but without oryginal 
      drivers and without 
      catapults etc.

* maybe we'll see BMW
   * maybe it will 
      accessories or pit 
      stops
   * it would be some 
      Porsche

They aren't fake.

If Promobricks say they are real, then they're real. They've never been wrong in the past.

I can totally see another minifig version of Ghostbusters Ecto1.

Last was from 2014, its 8 years from initial release and they still have license. 

Maybe another minifig BTTF Delorean too.

Go and figure...

Slightly different tangent, wagers on colors? Most importantly what mudguard colors will be added or re-issued, and possible new parts to come. (A silly exercise but I'm impatient waiting for leaks so let's play product planner for a moment).

Ferrari 512 = Red. Sure there were other variations and liveries (Penske's Sonoco Blue would be awesome, Ecurie's yellow), but it's a classic racing Ferrari. Has to be red. (That said, how seriously cool is it this car's getting a SC model. I'm so stoked. Winning. I've been poking at a 10-wide of the 512 for some time, can't wait to see how they design this one.)

Lotus Evija = Yellow or Bright Light Orange (or Light-bluish gray... but wait, there's a Bond Aston?) Probably not Blue given the 2021 series McLaren Elva is so similar - even considering no roof - and these will be on the store shelves together, nor Orange because again McLaren. Would be very cool to see Bright Light Orange used here tho.

Countach = if the Ferrari 512 is red, then depending on 'which' Countach this is, color could be pretty wide open; the original concept was yellow. Blue, green, orange were some classic 70s colors. The Huracan Trofeo was black so likely not black again, so if it's a later 80's wings-n-flares edition that leaves us with probably White (despite Lamborghini's historically colorful palette).

Aston Valkyrie = new highlighter Bright Yellow. If there's a car for that color, it's this one. Very excited to see this! Could be Lime, but hope it's highlighter. (Mudguards are going to be tricky since the real car's fenders are generally split body-color and carbon, makes me worry they won't be either 35789 or 18974, though 98282 would be ok)

Aston Vantage GT3 = If the Valkyrie is BY or Lime, then that leaves Dark Bluish Gray or Dark Green for the Vantage, probably with some bright yellow details. Seems pretty obvious. This is the dark and moody one.

Mystery dual-pack is mystery. Surely something Blue to balance out the palette.

Bond's Aston = definitely Light Bluish Gray. LBG mudguards! (Probably the shorter curved 35789 ones). Would love to see a proper silver used for a whole car, tho, come on TLG.

Dom's Dodge = Black (shrug...movie car or no, another late-model Dodge brick?)

Edited by prototyp

The more new/Wild colors the better.  I’m sure the colors will align to the car’s pedigree.  Different color schemes is a focus of Speed Champions. 

9 hours ago, prototyp said:

Slightly different tangent, wagers on colors? Most importantly what mudguard colors will be added or re-issued, and possible new parts to come. (A silly exercise but I'm impatient waiting for leaks so let's play product planner for a moment).

Ferrari 512 = Red. Sure there were other variations and liveries (Penske's Sonoco Blue would be awesome, Ecurie's yellow), but it's a classic racing Ferrari. Has to be red. (That said, how seriously cool is it this car's getting a SC model. I'm so stoked. Winning. I've been poking at a 10-wide of the 512 for some time, can't wait to see how they design this one.)

Lotus Evija = Yellow or Bright Light Orange (or Light-bluish gray... but wait, there's a Bond Aston?) Probably not Blue given the 2021 series McLaren Elva is so similar - even considering no roof - and these will be on the store shelves together, nor Orange because again McLaren. Would be very cool to see Bright Light Orange used here tho.

Countach = if the Ferrari 512 is red, then depending on 'which' Countach this is, color could be pretty wide open; the original concept was yellow. Blue, green, orange were some classic 70s colors. The Huracan Trofeo was black so likely not black again, so if it's a later 80's wings-n-flares edition that leaves us with probably White (despite Lamborghini's historically colorful palette).

Aston Valkyrie = new highlighter Bright Yellow. If there's a car for that color, it's this one. Very excited to see this! Could be Lime, but hope it's highlighter. (Mudguards are going to be tricky since the real car's fenders are generally split body-color and carbon, makes me worry they won't be either 35789 or 18974, though 98282 would be ok)

Aston Vantage GT3 = If the Valkyrie is BY or Lime, then that leaves Dark Bluish Gray or Dark Green for the Vantage, probably with some bright yellow details. Seems pretty obvious. This is the dark and moody one.

Mystery dual-pack is mystery. Surely something Blue to balance out the palette.

Bond's Aston = definitely Light Bluish Gray. LBG mudguards! (Probably the shorter curved 35789 ones). Would love to see a proper silver used for a whole car, tho, come on TLG.

Dom's Dodge = Black (shrug...movie car or no, another late-model Dodge brick?)

According to PromoBricks, the Lotus is going to be "dark green with black rims and yellow accents" 

The Countach is white and the two Astons will be Lime (Valkyrie) and Dark Bluish Gray (Vantage GT3)

3 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

According to PromoBricks, the Lotus is going to be "dark green with black rims and yellow accents" 

The Countach is white and the two Astons will be Lime (Valkyrie) and Dark Bluish Gray (Vantage GT3)

:pir-thumb:

Worried about the Lotus in dark green and yellow, but I guess we just have to wait and see. (Googling "dark green Evija" brings up lots of pics of an - IMO - hideous colorway. Hopefully Lego's a bit more tasteful.)

Truly interested how they do that aerodynamic design on Evija .

And if they try best to do Countach without large amount of stickers.

A cool idea for the second wave would be the A-team van

On 1/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yea but mabey the new bat mobile but not the tumbler or stuff like that

Just checked SLuban, i think its not quite knockoff lego... But i can see some parts that will be cool to have in lego... 

3V7vNFX.png 

ukPSfkY.png

4nCJQRS.png

7IoduNG.png

d8741Vo.png

Made some comparasing from whta part can be made another... 

t3e0Ypt.png

eQwmrq7.png

Here we have new 3x3x1 round part... but 2x2x1 will be better

pZxjoyf.png

K4HH1pR.png

And i'm not talking about wedge tiles, which will be very usefull... 

Edited by zagdima