New rumours list looks excellent. Only a matter of time before we got an Aston Martin set, and the Countach could look really good in 8-wide (there's some great MOCs out there using the F8 windscreen already).

Only disappointment is there's nothing a bit different... I know we have the Evija as an electric supercar, but in years past we've had rally cars, dragsters, F1 cars, at least one slightly out there model. Here's hoping the last unknown model is along those lines - still holding out for an Indycar set.

18 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

... if they do it right.

and if it will be old version, not the ultra limited modern one

Oooo okay this is exciting!!

Well I don’t really have any knowledge on that Ferrari, but I’ll likely buy it anyways.

as for the Lotus, I had I feeling this was likely. The colour scheme sounds awesome though, dark green and yellow!!

The countach is great (it says it will be the old one), but this set could of been a double pack!!

And I an most hyped for the Aston set yesss finally!!! Says that they will be lime green and light grey, so finally light grey wheel fenders will return!

And lastly, the mystery set HAS to be Mercedes’ or Porsche!? It will be a double pack too I’m guessing!

49 minutes ago, User5346 said:

And lastly, the mystery set HAS to be Mercedes’ or Porsche!? It will be a double pack too I’m guessing!

Almost guaranteed, if the mystery set exists, that is.

6 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

When are these new sets expected to be released to the public? 

I think that first blurred photos we'll see around half November or first days December. 

Probably they will be released in stores in March. 

Edited by Bartlomiej

8 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

When are these new sets expected to be released to the public? 

2 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

I think that first blurred photos we'll see around half November or first days December. 

Probably they will be released in stores in March. 

Promobricks says March with another set to be released within the year.

Upon doing some research, I have found some MOCs and knockoff versions of some of the cars, which may help give us a better idea on what to expect!

Countach

Lotus (I know this is a larger scale, but I find the rear interesting)

Valkyrie (This is the exact model the LEGO set will be - AMR Pro, same colours too)

13 hours ago, User5346 said:

Unless it's Merc's F1 car, I sort of hope not. We have plenty of run-of-the-mill supercars in this wave. That said, The F1 car alongside the AMG One would go quite nicely with the Aston set.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Only disappointment is there's nothing a bit different... I know we have the Evija as an electric supercar, but in years past we've had rally cars, dragsters, F1 cars, at least one slightly out there model. Here's hoping the last unknown model is along those lines - still holding out for an Indycar set.

In fairness, the Ferrari is 50 years old, so fairly ‘different’.

24 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

In fairness, the Ferrari is 50 years old, so fairly ‘different’.

That depends which 512M it is, as I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa :laugh: I assume it would be the 90s one anyway, but if it's the Le Mans car, I will be a very happy bunny.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

We're getting a Countach??? YES.

Damn. I only have one Speed champions set. Now I'll be forced to buy another. And them I'm afraid I won't be able to stop.

Do you also think, that 512M is similar to 917 k? 

In my opinion (of course 512M is fantastic) this is some laziness in the work of designers. 

Anyway I'll buy all. 

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa :laugh:

I would love a Testarossa, just not the 512M version. I need those popup headlights!

40 minutes ago, danth said:

I would love a Testarossa, just not the 512M version. I need those popup headlights!

+1! The original Testarossa is one of my favourite cars of that era.

1 hour ago, Bartlomiej said:

Do you also think, that 512M is similar to 917 k? 

In my opinion (of course 512M is fantastic) this is some laziness in the work of designers. 

Anyway I'll buy all. 

It is from the same era as the 917K (in fact I think they may have made their competitive debuts in the same year), but in LEGO terms I imagine there'll be quite a few differences. Quite apart from the move to 8-wide, the 917K was in SC's first or second year, and IMO hasn't aged as well as some of the other 6-wide sets, so between that and the design subtleties between the two I think there'll be plenty to differentiate them.

Hopefully after the Countach we'll get some more 80's classics and I can finally recreate this poster:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by danth

I know this is sacrilegious but the AliExpress Countach is Phenomenal.  Some weak building construction spots but phenomenal nonetheless 

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

That depends which 512M it is, as I've just discovered they had a Le Mans car of the same name as the 90s supercar that succeeded the Testarossa

Promo bricks says it’ll be the prototype race car one which is slightly disappointing for me as I don’t really have any knowledge on Le Mans cars. But I guess they chose it because it’s different, although I would’ve thought a Ferrari F1 car would be more popular?

I'm really rooting for an Aston Martin Victor in the Aston Martin set, I really love the way that car looks and it seems relatively easy to recreate in Lego.

For the unknown set I hope it will be a Porsche 911 gt3. That car will look great in a lego version.

I assume the new sets will be using the new style wheel/rims which is slightly disappointing as I’m not a fan of them. However we may see some new rim designs!