9 hours ago, marcus2388 said:

maybe something like this?

f1nosejob.png

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try it out.

9 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

You could also use that yellow 1x4 half beam to connect the pieces at the front

Thank you for your suggestion, I have connected it with the 1x5 half liftarm & it works.

This is the final front bodywork, it looks similar to the original set. (same dimension, only the curve is more rounded)
The original set got a straight side, this one got a v-shape (staggered)
640x480.png

Edited by dickylaban

Yesterday I received my yellow panel for the side bodywork, so I try to put it on the model.
I did a lot of work in order to match the rear bodywork & side bodywork.
This is the hardest part of the conversion, but finally I can make it.
The ground clearance of the side bodywork is very small, it almost touch the ground.
640x640.jpg

Replication finished, waiting for yellow panels to arrive.
All of the line of the shape has been replicated.
800x601.jpg

I also build the same one in white.(as tandem build for analysis)
800x601.jpg

Side view of the model.
The opening button can be pushed to open the engine hood.
800x601.jpg

Modification :
- Rear drive axle was replaced by 4L axle+3L connector+5L axle  in order to prevent the axle fall off the differential gear

- Opening button integrated into the rear bodywork.
- Each engine block got each exhaust pipe.
- The nose of front bodywork using the new part#71708
- The side bodywork (form by the soft axle) was replaced with panels.

Looks good.

It seems, that You also kept even count of studs for width.

9 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks good.

It seems, that You also kept even count of studs for width.

Thank you.

Yes, it was part of the keeping the scale as close as possible.

I have reworked the model in order to matched the original model, this is the best I can do with the parts on hand.

The bluish part will be replaced after I received my order from Bricklink, currently the shipping process got slower since the pandemic in my country getting worse.

640x456.jpg640x494.jpg

The side view of the model
800x601.jpg
As comparison to the other color I also build.(it show the side bodywork more clearly)
800x601.jpg
More picture of the model.
800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

Edited by dickylaban

Looks really good now. Can't wait to see it in full colour. I think you should fill in the corner of the front spoiler from the wheel side - you've got the pin socket on that 90 degree axle-pin-axle connector. Maybe pin with "1L liftarm"/pin bushing would fit or something like a bulky light bulb piece (was it called a dome?) in yellow.

17 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Looks really good now. Can't wait to see it in full colour. I think you should fill in the corner of the front spoiler from the wheel side - you've got the pin socket on that 90 degree axle-pin-axle connector. Maybe pin with "1L liftarm"/pin bushing would fit or something like a bulky light bulb piece (was it called a dome?) in yellow.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will consider it & try to find the best solution.
I will change the bluish part when I got the yellow one.

Updates on the front wing: I replaced the part#10197 with part#6536.

I also try to use yellow part for the bottom of the front body work.(maybe I will return it back to black to suit the original model)
800x601.jpg

Final Comparison (Some yellow parts still not yet arrived, RENAULT team color were chosen as alternate color)

The Original Set 8445
800x601.jpg

The replica model in yellow & same wheel
800x601.jpg

The replica model in RENAULT Team color
800x601.jpg

The replica model with new wheel
800x601.jpg

The other view of the model
800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

Some of the yellow parts (front wing,rear bottom wing & connector#3) already arrived  but not yet passed the customs verification process, maybe I will received it next week.
The rest panels (Side wing & rear side wing)  were not sure since the seller changed the shipping route.(maybe it will took 3 weeks more)

Looks really good in yellow but I don't like the renault colour scheme. New wheels feel a bit bigger than the original ones, but I assume it's closest thing that you could get.

You should take the photo closer without wasting so much area of the photo on the background when you'll make final photos or just crop those.

I like this way this turned out, and I am sorry not all the parts have arrived. I like the newer wheels more than the older ones.

Great job.

6 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I like this way this turned out, and I am sorry not all the parts have arrived. I like the newer wheels more than the older ones.

Great job.

Thank you.
I hope the small panel will arrive today or next monday before deadline.
The new wheel raised the model half stud since it was 1 studs bigger in diameter.

11 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Looks really good in yellow but I don't like the renault colour scheme. New wheels feel a bit bigger than the original ones, but I assume it's closest thing that you could get.

You should take the photo closer without wasting so much area of the photo on the background when you'll make final photos or just crop those.

Thank you for your suggestion.
The RENAULT colour scheme is my tandem build, it shows all the shape of the model in colour.
The yellow one got some in black & transparent (to make it more contrast).
New wheels is a studs bigger in diameter comparing to the old one, it changed the ratio of the scale.

It may just be my screen, but I think the white balance on the camera is out? The yellows are a bit murky?

I quite like the newer wheels, looks a bit like a 2022 F1 car.

I'm less sure about the gap in the side pod panels, but this is where varying opinions on the rules come in. To me the modern panel's vertical gap breaks up the car's lines too abruptly, which is something IMO that a modern studless designer would try to avoid, especially given the wider choice of attachment points. But I also appreciate the rules regarding closeness to the original so I'm not sure if there is a right answer!

13 hours ago, Brickend said:

It may just be my screen, but I think the white balance on the camera is out? The yellows are a bit murky?

I quite like the newer wheels, looks a bit like a 2022 F1 car.

I'm less sure about the gap in the side pod panels, but this is where varying opinions on the rules come in. To me the modern panel's vertical gap breaks up the car's lines too abruptly, which is something IMO that a modern studless designer would try to avoid, especially given the wider choice of attachment points. But I also appreciate the rules regarding closeness to the original so I'm not sure if there is a right answer!

Yes, the picture a bit too pale.

It looks good but it ruined the overall proportion scale.

I'm agree with you, this can not be avoided since the attachment point not so easy to apply for a small scale build.

Edited by dickylaban

Finally my yellow parts arrived, but the small panel #13 & #14 can not be expected arrived before the deadline.
So I try to solve this by using sticker (ORACAL 651 No.22) applied to the white one, the result was very good as seen in the following picture.
I am going to improved the cutting & also applied this to the panel#17 & #18 which are not available in yellow.(for the side wing)

800x601.jpg

2 hours ago, dickylaban said:

So I try to solve this by using sticker

Nice solution for now, I think everyone will get a very good impression of the end result you’ve had in mind.

7 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Nice solution for now, I think everyone will get a very good impression of the end result you’ve had in mind.

Thank you.

I'll do my best.

Final Model

So after 1 month building this model, I finally can finished it with all of my capabilities.

This is a very interesting build since it involved a lot of odd & even connection.

The yellow parts also a very challenging to get since some of it are only available in limited quantity in the  new sets (42114 & 42121) & old set.

I can not change the wheel since it will end up with wrong scale ratio.

This is my first build which involving another additional process : panel wrapping. (applying a car wrap sticker to the lego panel)

The wrapping process is different with applying a lego set sticker, it has to be shaped (cut) after it stick to the panel.
I punched a small circle (8mm diameter) to fit the mounting point at the surface & shave the edges after wrapping it.

Model Comparison
640x640.jpg

800x601.jpg

Front View
800x601.jpg

Side view
800x601.jpg

Rear view
800x601.jpg

800x601.jpg

Edited by dickylaban