Sign in to follow this  
knight_40k

[MOC] Imperial Ship (Redcoats)

This is my newly rebuilt Imperial Redcoat Flagship, I will let the images speak for themselves. If you would like to see how it used to look, click here. I am quite happy with the changes and how it turned out, I would never have thought hull color made such a difference in a ships appearance.
Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: Issue with images.

UJ8Aanv.jpg?1

AigiSlk.jpg

wmg84dA.jpg

qazrUzs.jpg

Cb9TrvM.jpg

DSIMmsD.jpg

Yyc8HHV.jpg

SJW160V.jpg

3tWvuY9.jpg

9Is7ZAn.jpg

8ZgdCN7.jpg

kJrzjs9.jpg

pYpjAk0.jpg

gcmM80z.jpg

HchyPXF.jpg

z3iAm0y.jpg

1HX6qRt.jpg

HAHE9Iv.jpg

9VaQaE6.jpg

Edited by knight_40k

That is an extremely nice set!!! Love the color contrast of red and white!! The pirates never stood a chance!

@eldiano @VaneStream

Thank you for your comments! I recently discovered these boat hull parts existed in white from the Lego Friends line and thought they could be used to good effect within the Pirates theme. I never understood why Pirates had red/white stripe sails. I know its a throwback to the 80's Barracuda but to me these colors suit Redcoats so much better. On my first attempt with the brown hull many years ago I found red and brown to be somewhat similar and almost blend together, which is why I wanted to experiment with a different colored hull. I also like how the subtle accents of dark red help to dull some of the red brightness while offering shading and contrast; and being the ship is all light colors, the black masts really stand out.

That is a mighty fine looking vessel!

This has everything that I look for on this forum. Modern building techniques, that era of pirates that I grew up with, and sensible level of detail. And did I mention the playability? This is an awesome MOC... it's like the best parts of every recent successful system pirates set!

MAC

@iammac Thank you for the kind words. Building and creativity are not my strongest areas, I just build and rebuild until I am happy with the result. I just wish Lego had more variety of official cloth sails.

@PxChris I appreciate it, glad you like it!