Murdoch17

4-8-4 Northern-type WFP steam locomotive (grayscale color scheme) with 1930's passenger train

This 7-wide steam loco began life as a 2-8-4 Berkshire type built by @Plastic_Goth and purchased from Rebrickable a seen here.

51223968109_1f3800a9a7_z.jpg

This train features an 4-8-4 "Northern" -type steam engine that was purchased and modified a month ago from the link posted above. However, it still hasn't been bought parts-wise IRL. The coaches are just recolored and modified versions of my dark green / black Emerald Express cars, with the rear car having a rounded window instead of a open platform.

51172317252_600a9628be_z.jpg

I upped the wheel count by another leading axle, making it into a 4-8-4 Northern-type from the original 2-8-4 Berkshire. The pistons are entirely my own work, as is the 7-wide tender. I chose the Wabash Frisco and Pacific as the name of the owner of the engine, because the real world ride-on 12-inch gauge railway is re-opening soon (Yay!) and because I felt the shark-nose Baldwin diesel units (plus the passenger train as well) I made in a similar paint scheme could use some company.

51172982111_076ccd4984_z.jpg

The coal tender will have the letters W-F-P on the side, standing for Wabash Frisco & Pacific, while the cab will feature the number 2980 on both sides. This is a scrambled homage to real world WFP 4-8-2 engine 928, which is so strong, it's pulled every piece of rolling stock the railroad owns -at one time- with ease!

51174085295_de2ef5d951_z.jpg

The inside of the cab features two gauges and the firebox door.

51224275110_2ab3284332_z.jpg

This combination baggage and passenger car (known as a combine) relies heavily on techniques taken from Retlaw baggage car built by @TJJohn12, as seen here.

51222489372_d3a782a776_z.jpg

The three identical coaches have inset doors I designed myself.

51222489377_f09e6df20d_z.jpg

The streamlined observation car of this train should feature two of these windows in white (which sadly aren't in LDD).

Edited by Murdoch17

very nice train I especcially like the coaches. You could try studio for digital lego building since its very similar and has all the modern parts.

That would be a cool train to see in real brick. The Obs. car has definitely given me some inspiration.

SD