Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - ChIVB] Shrine of the Recovery, Nola Mar

In the months leading up to the war in Terraversa, a brave group of Oleander adventurers recovered the legendary Quiver of Artemis and entrusted it to the Order of the Faith for safe keeping. Now that the devout and loyal peoples of TV have found sanctuary in the embrace of the Kingdom of Light, Nola Mar is, quite logically, growing into the spiritual center of the Faith and of Oleon. In commemoration of "The Recovery" of the quiver. A shrine has been established in Nola Mar over the very site which the relic was reportedly found.  

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_7

The shrine offers a forum for pilgrims to come and celebrate the recovery of the quiver and the twists and turns that led to their independence and incorporation into the Empire of Oleon. The shrine is modest in size (medium cultural), but ornate in design, befitting the momentous occasion that it commemorates. A large ornate circular stained glass window presents a landscape scene of Nola Mar in the age of heros featuring many gods and goddesses in the scene and in the sculptures lining the shrines flying buttresses. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_3

Inside, as we may expect, we find a fountain for purification before religious ceremonies, candles for individual prayers, and a large gold and marble statue of Artemis complete with quiver. An ancient grave of an Order leader has been marked with a large sarcophagus in the rear of the shrine. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_6

We know from the records that an ancient crypt was discovered below the earth on this site, so it makes sense that an order leader would be re-interred on the spot. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_4

But, there is more to the shrine than meets the eye. The sarcophagus pulls back from the wall, exposing a narrow shaft and rope ladder into a musty and poorly lit cavern. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_5

Below the public shrine, we find an eerie scene. A private shrine in the midst of the restored crypt. Torches throw shadows and a pale glow across the shelves of bones. A walkway brings members of the Order to a little bench to kneel and a smaller shrine complete with a replica of the quiver. THIS is the exact location that the quiver was recovered from. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_8

It is now a closely guarded secret of the order how extensive the underground tunnels are, hot deep the crypts run, and just how much members of the Order come and go throughout Nola Mar as they please hidden from the prying eyes of would be thieves.

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_9

We know that the Order has produced multiple well crafted replicas of the actual quiver and this hidden Shrine, though secretive, could at any time be home to one of the elaborate decoys or a temporary home for the genuine article. Such painstaking measures are well justified to ensure the safety and protection of the powerful artifact

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_10

Dulce et Decorum es, "It is sweet and fitting" that Oleon, the Faith, the Order, and the Quiver, should all find themselves building the spiritual home in Nola Mar, where the Quiver was in fact brought into the rightful hands of the Crown and Faith. 

NolaMarCrypt_Copy

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_2

Edited by CapOnBOBS

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

conclusion

I tried to weave this in a cohesive way to your story without committing anybody to anything in the future. This is a place that "can" house the real quiver, or a decoy. It is a red herring and a layer of security and and added mystery without, I hope, boxing anybody in on the story. If I missed that mark and took us in the wrong direction, I am happy to edit the story. 

It like it very much. The view from the inside and the underground room are great.

I feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed Unity again with this build. Great job on it!

15 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

This is a place that "can" house the real quiver... without, I hope, boxing anybody in on the story.

Yeah, I think that's where I went wrong. 

Nice build! I love the overall gothic architecture and the classic slide-away sarcophagus. The ossuary look great, with the skulls and stacked bones. Clever way of building it like that and an interesting part of the MOC.

Really cool gothic chapel! It is a style we see too rarely, and this is executed excellently. I really like the flying buttresses and ornamentation, and the interior looks good too. The Indiana Jones like secret passage is fun, and I like the way you have worked around the quiver story here.

OBVIOUSLY, the real quiver is in Kings Port where OL handed it to Terraversan safekeeping (or is it?:pir-tongue:) but I like how you picked up on mystery and the "replica".

Well done!

Glorious gothic architecture! Really well done. The underground sections are super fun, and I think you accomplished adding some complexity to the story of the (potentially?) missing quiver

I didn't comment on this before??  Lovely work, mate - the flying buttresses and roof are honestly some of the best I believe I've ever seen in LEGO (those hooded/caped statues are soo awesome!), and the massive windows and interior are very well done too.  But then you dive underneath into the crypt and it's hard not to be even more impressed!  Excellent story (so much Olean intrigue!) besides definitely is going to make this a very tough entry to beat!  Great job, mate!

:pir-oh::pir-oh::pir-oh: I totally love it!The atmosphere is indeed mystical and foreboding at the same time!! A great lore-pushing MOC!

On 6/2/2021 at 11:22 PM, CapOnBOBS said:

NolaMarCrypt_Copy_8

This chain ladder is not a real thing right? I don't recognise those pieces...