Sign in to follow this  
zinnn

Black Pirates

Hey everyone, I'd like to diversify my Pirates Of Barracuda Bay and add some Black minifigs.

Could you recommend me some nice torsos and maybe faces that would fit the theme?

Or maybe you have your own Black Pirate minifigs and want to share?

Many thanks in advance :)

This Zombie Gunner torso might be the best bet you're looking for:

973pb0875c01.png

Pretty much any face is suitable for a pirate but you might want to do some digging through Marvel, POTC and Star Wars figures. :pir-wink:

Torso's without any skin printed on them are a godsend when swapping about minifigure parts.

These torsos might work well, hopefully you're not afraid of taking hands out.

4540698.jpg 6316916.jpg6021594.jpg

The Nick Fury head is dark skinned with an eyepatch, though his beard doesn't scream pirate to me ,

6015951.jpg

though you could cover his printed beard with a moulded one. moulded beards and similar parts can also cover the neck holes of shits and such where skintones poke through.

4587647.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thank you, that's a good start. I have that Nick Fury head, it's quite ok for this purpose actually. Still not 100% sure about the body. I have the Zombie Gunner torso, but what I don't like about it are the metal elements (especially the carabiner that looks out of place) - it's almost steampunk-y

Edited by zinnn

Since the options are a bit slim, you can also use an unprinted brown torso (for a shirtless pirate) and add accessories so it doesn't look quite as plain.  I'm thinking a molded beard that comes down over the front a bit, or a sword holder or messenger bag/pouch that goes over the shoulder and across the torso.