zinnn

Black Pirates

Hey everyone, I'd like to diversify my Pirates Of Barracuda Bay and add some Black minifigs.

Could you recommend me some nice torsos and maybe faces that would fit the theme?

Or maybe you have your own Black Pirate minifigs and want to share?

Many thanks in advance :)

This Zombie Gunner torso might be the best bet you're looking for:

973pb0875c01.png

Pretty much any face is suitable for a pirate but you might want to do some digging through Marvel, POTC and Star Wars figures. :pir-wink:

Torso's without any skin printed on them are a godsend when swapping about minifigure parts.

These torsos might work well, hopefully you're not afraid of taking hands out.

4540698.jpg 6316916.jpg6021594.jpg

The Nick Fury head is dark skinned with an eyepatch, though his beard doesn't scream pirate to me ,

6015951.jpg

though you could cover his printed beard with a moulded one. moulded beards and similar parts can also cover the neck holes of shits and such where skintones poke through.

4587647.jpg

Thank you, that's a good start. I have that Nick Fury head, it's quite ok for this purpose actually. Still not 100% sure about the body. I have the Zombie Gunner torso, but what I don't like about it are the metal elements (especially the carabiner that looks out of place) - it's almost steampunk-y

Edited by zinnn

Since the options are a bit slim, you can also use an unprinted brown torso (for a shirtless pirate) and add accessories so it doesn't look quite as plain.  I'm thinking a molded beard that comes down over the front a bit, or a sword holder or messenger bag/pouch that goes over the shoulder and across the torso.

Casually bumping this thread, maybe anyone else got any more suggestions? I'd love a torso with green colours, sort of like this, but again, this one shows some white skin:

973pb1929c01.png

Edited by zinnn

Adventures Orient or Prince of Persia themed torsos could help flesh out some more exotic flavored pirates too. 

Heck, some SW ones too. 

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 6/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, zinnn said:

Hey everyone, I'd like to diversify my Pirates Of Barracuda Bay and add some Black minifigs.

Could you recommend me some nice torsos and maybe faces that would fit the theme?

Or maybe you have your own Black Pirate minifigs and want to share?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi, if you also want to make a female black pirate i would try the Mae Jemison Head from Women of Nasa. (Ideas Set 21312). It will be really good in combination with the red Torso from Lady Anchor from Lego Ideas 21322.

18 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Hi, if you also want to make a female black pirate i would try the Mae Jemison Head from Women of Nasa. (Ideas Set 21312). It will be really good in combination with the red Torso from Lady Anchor from Lego Ideas 21322.

Good tip thank you. Unfortunately noone is selling it on bricklink at the moment in the UK (one fool posted head only for £172, good luck with that)

3 hours ago, zinnn said:

Good tip thank you. Unfortunately noone is selling it on bricklink at the moment in the UK (one fool posted head only for £172, good luck with that)

You are welcome. :) £172...  Holy F**k What did he thought???

3 hours ago, zinnn said:

I have found the Mae Jemison Minifig for € 6.99 in a italian store. Don't know if you buy outside UK? Here is the link: https://store.bricklink.com/bricksmania78?itemID=136128457#/shop

2 hours ago, GameyRaccoon said:

What's it from?

It's Seso from the 2010 Prince of Persia theme; specifically from set 7573 Battle of Alamut.

Thank you for all the input, gave me some good sources and I like the head from Nick Fury, fits quite well.

After some research (and accidental stumbling upon), arguably the best colored pirate so far (besides Prince of Persia Middle Eastern minifigs) is Greef Karga from SW theme. You can use this minifig as it is or replace its arms with reddish brown ones and ready to go! Not costing an arm and a leg, helps too!

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 10/22/2021 at 7:14 AM, blackdeathgr said:

After some research (and accidental stumbling upon), arguably the best colored pirate so far (besides Prince of Persia Middle Eastern minifigs) is Greef Karga from SW theme. You can use this minifig as it is or replace its arms with reddish brown ones and ready to go! Not costing an arm and a leg, helps too!

a bit late here, but thanks! great find, love the outfit of this lil guy