evancelt

[COR - CH IV - CAT E] Along the Trade Road, Terraversa

terraversa-road-1.jpg

As a new shareholder of the East Terran Trade Company, Captain Sir Jonathan Brickleton elected to lead a caravan of ETTC wagons heading north from Westface along the Terraversan Trade Road. The shipments consisted of a variety of exotic citruses, including oranges, limes, and lemons. The traders would stop over at the island's new central trading hub before continuing on north to King's Port.

The trade company had hired Terraversans in Westface to work the wagon train, but they counted on trusty ETTC Sepoys from Jameston to safeguard its passage.

As the first wagon approached an Atwi adobe building, Brickleton saw a young boy and his mother watching their advance. Brickleton snatched an orange from the wagon and tossed it to the boy, who took a bite of the orange, peel and all, and smiled with a wide grin.

terraversa-road-2.jpg

My entry for Cat E of Challenge IV, the first part of a planned ETTC collab.

The circular base turned out great and as I commented on the WIP shots, the colours you used for the landscape look really good. I finally got Bricks and Pieces working so depending on how long the order takes to turn up I might be able to also use the new nougat 1x2s to mimic your landscape! I like the simplicity of the Atwi house, it's very fitting for a hybrid native/Madrician house. The whole scene very effectively portrays how I envision the Atwi interior - expect my part of the collab to mimic the aesthetic you have used here!

The diorama looks great and a well-told story. The time it took to put the countless bricks together for the border was worth it.

Excellent use of colour and blank space! It is a really nice large build but without appearing busy. Very well suited for the subject matter of a fairly lonely road. Your trees are very nice too! One thing I would change is the legs in your sitting sepoy. I think changing the elevation of one of them by one plate would make it look more like legs and less like a dress :pir-grin:

On 6/1/2021 at 12:45 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice house, but this base steal the show I love it very much !

Thanks! Yeah the base and the trees were the main new things I wanted to try in this build

On 6/1/2021 at 1:59 AM, Ayrlego said:

The circular base turned out great and as I commented on the WIP shots, the colours you used for the landscape look really good. I finally got Bricks and Pieces working so depending on how long the order takes to turn up I might be able to also use the new nougat 1x2s to mimic your landscape! I like the simplicity of the Atwi house, it's very fitting for a hybrid native/Madrician house. The whole scene very effectively portrays how I envision the Atwi interior - expect my part of the collab to mimic the aesthetic you have used here!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your build! I'm excited to use nougat in more circumstances, and to continue changing out what would normally be dark tan with olive green.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:28 AM, caiman0637 said:

Excellent build!

Thanks!

On 6/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, NOD said:

The diorama looks great and a well-told story. The time it took to put the countless bricks together for the border was worth it.

Thanks! I had my sons helps me connect all of the black 1x2 plates and modified tiles in the base. They were super impressed when it turned into a circle! I think it came out to a little fewer than 400 pieces in the border... didn't want to make the base any larger because of the challenge size requirements

On 6/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Nice diorama!

The circular base looks excellent! 

Thanks! I'm interested in using the circular base technique within a future build as an architectural element... we'll see!

22 hours ago, Bregir said:

Excellent use of colour and blank space! It is a really nice large build but without appearing busy. Very well suited for the subject matter of a fairly lonely road. Your trees are very nice too! One thing I would change is the legs in your sitting sepoy. I think changing the elevation of one of them by one plate would make it look more like legs and less like a dress :pir-grin:

Thanks! Yeah, when I placed the road in the middle that left a significant portion of the foreground to either be populated or left sparse. Because I wanted to portray an empty landscape (and to leave the background visible!) the foreground is pretty blank.

The trees were fun to do, especially that strange technic pin splitter on the right tree that is connected to the dino tails. Using friction pins it allowed for some weird sturdy tilting of the tree for an unusual angle. I have some other weird reddish brown technic pieces I'll try to throw on some future trees.

Edited by evancelt