Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

CDC1 Tower: Oil Road Waystation

The busy trade routes of Kaliphlin are often following paths which pass by sources of water at decent intervals. Many of these wells are protected by at least somewhat fortified way stations. Sometimes, like here along the Oil Road, the tower also contains some rooms for travelers and shade for their camels to recuperate before continuing on the road.

51216391996_28eb16e1a4_c.jpg

51215674907_4065d68dc6_c.jpg

51215674947_d1f2b26495_c.jpg

The well is a place where many rumors, and sometimes also goods and gold, are changing hands.

51217148319_6ecde4e069_c.jpg

51217458085_e3e6dececd_c.jpg

In the cosmopolitan Kaliphlin, many travelers from all over Historica can be seen. Cyclops are known for their somewhat ...exotic... cuisine, and this wandering cook seems to have had a long journey already looking for new places to serve culinary surprises.

51217458080_9406245342_c.jpg

A merchant is waiting for his turn to fetch water for his camels. By the looks of his clothes, he is quite successful at his trade.

51216392971_7693c48800_c.jpg

These vital arteries of trade in Kaliphlin are watched over by a small garrison at each way station.

51217148699_741c7f3c93_c.jpg

51217148684_a0f8b92564_c.jpg

Some hardy plants are growing and even blossoming in the half-desert along this part of the road.

51215675462_2d9b5a2e03_c.jpg

Roof design inspired by Barthezz Brick:

51216600788_40203f7b33_c.jpg
51216600793_23a4c57079_c.jpg

I'm sure it's been done before, but that shield in the base makes me so happy :)

Great build, love the textures in the tower, but it's really the lovely foliage that wins it for me.... and the well! that's fantastic attention to detail, down to the beads of sweat hehe.  

Beautiful!  I love that roof technique.  I'll have to remember it for future builds!  As usual, your colors are fantastic, and I love how you build with a particular style that is consistent throughout all your builds in Kaliphlin.  It adds a sense of cohesion to the builds and helps tie them to the same area.  I love the use of your giant sand red pots.  I see you ordered some of those green claws, too!  I've been waiting to try them with something, but hadn't considered succulents, and they work well there.  The decorative technic gears look good, and the dark orange bricks really stand out.  I like the utilitarian nature of the tower, too: the realism of guarding a water source is well thought out.  Great job!

Now, I may cherish the blowing winds and crops covered in ice, but this sand-castle is a feast for the eye!
Who would have thought the architects in the desert would come up with such phenomenal design?
Amazing! Truly incredible color scheme with bits of interesting details all the way through. Phenomenal windows. The roof is mind-blowing. Vegetation is warming and welcoming. And those camels, my oh my! They would do wonders on the trade routes in the north. It's amazing how there's so much going on in such a restrict space. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. 
Skol!

I think this is my favorite tower of all the great entries. :classic:

Absolutely amazing! Love your brickbuilt flag along the base. And is that shield dish from the old Oriental Adventurers sets?

What a lovely tower, the inset white looks so good - I never realized how well it contrasted with dark orange before!  I love the camel stall too and the cactus like plants.

Great entry buddy, the roof turned out great, really fits well with the rest of the tower. And some awesome closeups of the figs! 

Nice build Gideon!  I like your approach to the challenge here with building a tower that is not the typical watch tower format and in doing so you also added relevant lore to the lengthy pages of Historica.  :sweet:

I love your Kaliphlinian builds, @Gideon, and this is no exception.  The dark green shrubs with the deep pink flowers are striking and look good against the (shady?) side of the tower.
The balance of the nougat colors against the tan is terrific!  I really like the wide circular arches and how you used the nougat bricks to decorate them so they do not appear plain.

Really lovely build.  I love the colors and techniques used for the tower.  The door and the ornaments (gears) used above look great.  The archways look wonderful with the 1x2 tiles.  All the plants look fantastic, especially the one with the claws.  All the figs look great too.  

On 6/1/2021 at 12:12 AM, Gideon said:

51215675462_2d9b5a2e03_c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Roof design inspired by Barthezz Brick:

51216600788_40203f7b33_c.jpg
51216600793_23a4c57079_c.jpg

Can someone tell me how those (dark?) tan little plant pieces are called? Never seen them before

Awesome build btw, the tower is majestic

3 hours ago, zinnn said:

Can someone tell me how those (dark?) tan little plant pieces are called? Never seen them before

It's this piece.