KimT

2008 Picture thread

I hope that the Venator is like the Star Destroyer from 06, and with equal amount of figs, like this:

Darth Vader/ Anakin

Tarkin/ Admiral Yularen

Imperial Officer/ Clone Pilot

2 Stormtroopers/ 2 Clone Troopers

Royal Guards/ Ahsoka, Rex

R2-Q5/ R2-KT

Mouse Droid/ Clone Trooper

Emperors Hologram/ Obi-wan Hologram

The others sound good as well, ecspecially the Snail Tank, cant wait for pics. :cry_happy:

By the Mouse Droid, instead of another Trooper(although there should be ten in the set :tongue: ), how about a clone commander like Wolffe? :wink:

Anyway, things are looking up for '09... :oh:

yay OT sets!!!

I think the Millennium falcon might be fake, or a mini in the endor base or echo base, like vader's tie in the death star. The venator sounds cool, to. Even though I'm an ot guy, I might have to pick this one up.

Fake? :hmpf_bad::wacko::hmpf:

Umm I doubt theyd list a mini set thats within a set?! :wacko::hmpf:

Yes the Echo base is hoth, the Echo base is probobly not going to be a "base" but part of the base I imagine, my best guess would probobly be somesort of armory with taun tauns and a few figures, I think it will be pretty good and is going to be one of the first sets I'll buy

I just got 7666! Oh well never too much Hoth stuff I guess :laugh:

Hope we get some Taun Tauns as well! :classic:

The Echo Base might be an add-on to 7666, Hoth Rebel Base, which would be neat, as long as it comes with something new.

I was thinking that too! Would be cool if its like behind the door of it with all the ships and troops :classic: especially since I just got 7666!

Thanks for the new info Christian :thumbup: . The whole list sound great (A lot better than this year line up :hmpf_bad: ) and the prices sound perfect with a bunch of cheap sets :thumbup::cry_happy: , congrats for that TLC. The only two things that surprise me are the next:

1- A 155 pieces Echo Base??? I prefer way better a Hoth Rescue with Hoth Han and Hoth Luke, 2 taun tauns, a Wampa and a little cave :wub: .

2- A Venator for just 1100 pieces??? Come on TLC the ISD had 1300 pieces and was a simple grey and triangle shaped ship. The Venator needs a complicate shape and a combined color scheme a they just throw 1100 pieces to it :wacko: .

Considering that these rumors aren't confirmed, the names are probably going to change. I am guessing it will not be the actual base, but something more along the lines of the rescue.

yay OT sets!!!

I think the Millennium falcon might be fake, or a mini in the endor base or echo base, like vader's tie in the death star. The venator sounds cool, to. Even though I'm an ot guy, I might have to pick this one up.

I understand what you are saying. Still, I would not be surprised that with the big rebirth of the Falcon with Hasbro and the USC Lego if they released a new one. Plus, this will be the 10th Anniversary and what is more Star Wars than the Falcon.

The Echo Base could be interesting, they don't really seem to release smaller playsets for Star Wars anymore that just come with a few mini figs, like they do with other sets. We only really see the vehicles these days. So yeah, more smaller sets like that would would be good. Just a Luke, Han and a Tuan Tuan would be fine with me :)

I'm not sure why so many of you are finding the Millenium Falcon difficult to believe as well. There hasn't been one for a few years now, except for the ridiculously expensive one that most people aren't going to bother with, and it's easily the most popular and recognisable Star Wars vehicle. I imagine there's big demand for it.

LEGO 8038 Star Wars Endor Battle Playset

Yub nub!The final battle for the galaxy!Relive a thrilling battle with tons of awesome figures! 887 pieces. [Category: Construction Toys]

Source: http://www.wholesalecentral.com/

I really hope either this set comes with a few Endor Rebel Commandos, or, better yet, Lego releases a Endor Rebel Commando Battle Pack. Most likely though, the set will come with Han, Leia, Chewy, some Ewoks, and maybe a Biker Scout and Storm Trooper.

I think idealy, Lego should keep the unique/big name characters in the playset and have Biker Scout & Rebel Commando Battle Packs.

I think idealy, Lego should keep the unique/big name characters in the playset and have Biker Scout & Rebel Commando Battle Packs.

I think we should get less big names. The olny big names I'd like to see are endor versions of luke and leia.

I'm very disipointed that the venator is olny 1100 peices its much more compilcated than the 2006 ISD.

God, I wish people would just shut up about the prices

If you cant afford it - tough

Some of us can, and we really dont need constant moaning from the rest

Do these people go to a Ferrari forum and moan they cant afford those too?

We are getting some really exciting sets and it just annoys me that people want to sour the mood

If you want quality - you have to pay for it

Though I'm not a fan of the money-price-issue discussion either, I wont allow this to turn into a rant on flaming those-who-speak-of-prices versus those-who-don't-speak-of prices.

Enough is enough.

Tone down the price discussion since the prices are different globally and a lot of people are offended already since LEGO is half price in the US compared to most other countries.

Let's focus on the sets and what's in them.

Don't derive from the path or I will have to take further steps, which I'd rather not :sceptic:

Enjoy LEGO, that's what it's there for.

Personally I can't wait for those tauntauns to hit the shelves :classic:

Personally I can't wait for those tauntauns to hit the shelves :classic:

Why stop at the shelves?! I can't wait til they're in my house and giving my figs a ride!! :tongue::cry_happy: I'm actually curious how TLG had made them :sceptic::cry_happy:

Has there been any news on the MINI sets I found at Target.com?

Have any been found in stores or has anyone bought any?

Just wondering seeing as there are no Target stores here in the UK so I can't have a look.

Why stop at the shelves?! I can't wait til they're in my house and giving my figs a ride!! :tongue::cry_happy: I'm actually curious how TLG had made them :sceptic::cry_happy:

I assume it might be like horses or those gungan things with a slot for the figure to stand in.

Cmon Old Trilogy resurgence!

2- A Venator for just 1100 pieces??? Come on TLC the ISD had 1300 pieces and was a simple grey and triangle shaped ship. The Venator needs a complicate shape and a combined color scheme a they just throw 1100 pieces to it :wacko: .

hmm... the venator could be made of lots of large plates (or one huge <insert that tiresome argument> hull piece :tongue: ) and a tiny bit of intierier... and really we cant judge it if we havent seen it.

I said where, not what.

:tongue:

Sorry about that.

I was just so stunned by the mere fact that someone might not know what a tauntaun is, that I didn't read your post properly :blush:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry about that.

I was just so stunned by the mere fact that someone might not know what a tauntaun is, that I didn't read your post properly

I was wondering about that.

And, not to get off topic, I just now noticed that the smiley heads in your post actually fit together. (sorry, that was kind of an ah-ha moment there)

On a related note, don't January sets usually start to appear in about December? For sale, that is.

I was wondering about that.

And, not to get off topic, I just now noticed that the smiley heads in your post actually fit together. (sorry, that was kind of an ah-ha moment there)

On a related note, don't January sets usually start to appear in about December? For sale, that is.

yes the 09 sets will be on sale in some places the week of christmas. lego store rep told me that.

yes the 09 sets will be on sale in some places the week of christmas. lego store rep told me that.

Did he happen to tell you the prices (preferably in USD)?

Edited by halomaster96