KimT

2008 Picture thread

FINALLY! :-)

Though I must admit, they mislabeled that one ... I'm fairly sure it was supposed to be "Imperial Crapship", but who cares? Stormies and Rebels to kill! >:-)

Army Builders On! *y*

These look bloody great!!!!!(Besides the Rogue Shadow, to mega blocky) but lets be positive!

*wub* the new rebels! The At-AP looks very good. and inn the imperial dropship there are 3 stormies instead of two!!!!! 2008 is sooo on!!!!!

Edited by hollisbrick

Yay, finally we get some rebels!! :)

Imperial Dropship looks different than expected, but still nice

Rebel Scout speeder looks different than expected as well..

Roque Shadow.. mmh. back looks okay but front: YUCK! unfinished!!

Hailfire: wow brown technic chain links great!! :D

at-pt walker: nice design, i like it!

where is anakin speeder?

Many Tks Stan for this fantastic news !! Finally bloody pics, meessa happy X-D

Rogue Shadow

Its a decent set IMO but suffers from the same flaws as the first SI, way too blocky !! Which is weird since TLC really learned to do smoother looks (new SI for instance).

Sure that ship was difficult to reproduce but they still could have donn a better job IMO

tfu52.jpg

But that set overall still looks great and the MFs really make it sweet !! I really want better pics of the damaged *vader* 8-

The AT-AP looks great so does the hailfire droid set! *wub* The helmets on the rebels are absolutly massive! lol :-D looks cool though! thanks SW4J and Stan! hopefully the four rebels wont all have the same face!

Edited by casewindu

Maybe we haven't seen Anakin's Starfighter because the rumoured Saesee Tiin is included, but the final mold's not ready yet?

(That also works as an explanation for why DJSaultNutz didn't know about him)

TK

hopefully the four rebels wont all have the same face!

You can be sure they'll have the regular smilie ;-) which is totally fine with me !!

*yoda*

Yuss! Woohoo! Yipee! Other joyous shouts! Now I'll be able to get Storm Troopers for a low price! Yaay! TIE Army vigs ON! :-P

I'm most disappointed in the Rogue Shadow. It seems way too blocky and not very appealing to look at. Perhaps it'll be a grower, like GGs Starfigher.

The Rebels in the Scout Speeder set are fantastic. We were all expecting Hoth rebels, but this is much better. The AT-AP is the biggest surprise to me, I think that's my favourite set of the bunch. The Hailfire droid is decent as well. Overall, excellent apart from the RS.

I'm most disappointed in the Rogue Shadow. It seems way too blocky and not very appealing to look at. Perhaps it'll be a grower, like GGs Starfigher.

The Rebels in the Scout Speeder set are fantastic. We were all expecting Hoth rebels, but this is much better. The AT-AP is the biggest surprise to me, I think that's my favourite set of the bunch. The Hailfire droid is decent as well. Overall, excellent apart from the RS.

Dito , the Rogue looks like the new Sith Infilitrator , too blocky..

The AT-AP is really awesome *think gonna buy 3 times :-D*

But the feet of the AT-AP is a little bit too "undesigned " if you take a closer look!

I hope we get soon better pics ,

Is that a catalouge? From where he got that,,?

Regarding pricing, let me refresh your memory with what Chrisian posted earlier.

LEGO Star Wars 7667 - Imperial Dropship EUR 13,99

LEGO Star Wars 7668 - Rebel Scout Speeder EUR 13,99

LEGO Star Wars 7669 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter EUR 25,99

LEGO Star Wars 7670 - Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid EUR 25,99

LEGO Star Wars 7671 - AT-AP Walker EUR 46,99

LEGO Star Wars 7672 - Rogue Shadow EUR 67,99

*yoda*

Ah, those glorious rebel troopers!

Thats about all I have to say about it.

So far, I'll pass on the halifire droid, that walker, and I've already got 70 something stormies! ;-)

Rebels, yeah! *wub*

That AT-AP and Hailfire Droid looks very fine, and for the RS I

Regarding pricing, let me refresh your memory with what Chrisian posted earlier.

*yoda*

Going by that, I'd say the UK prices would be:

7667 -

I think the rouge shadow is a bit too expensive for a "not so great" set so I dont think I will be buying that. I think the AT-AP is a bit expesive aswell even though it is probably the best.

I was going to buy a couple but I suppose I will just settle with one. ;-) the rebel and stomie battlepacks on the other hand.... :-D

Thanks for the great pics *sweet*

Is there a fouth minifig in the Stortropper set? maybe a driver?

And the Rebel set is great *y*

So far, I'll pass on the halifire droid, that walker, and I've already got 70 something stormies! ;-)

70 stormies of the new color ? Thats impressive !!

I always separate old grey markings to the rest of the bley markings ;-)

Got ony 8 stormies and 6 sandies but trust me, those numbers will really rise in january >:-)

Is there a fouth minifig in the Stortropper set? maybe a driver?

Really looks like a Tie Pilot to me which is a bloody shame ;-) I would have preffered 4 stormis, thats for sure ;-)

*yoda*

Thank you very much for that news, stan!

On the one hand (30 %) I like the two little nice new BPs 7667 and 7668 because Tantive 4 Rebel Troopers are very cool and I even like more Strormtrooper minifigs.

On the other hand (70 %) I am very disappointed that none of these two BPs includes Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebel Troopers like it was foretold. That's very cumbrous because I bought a week ago the Hoth Rebel Base with the hope that I will get some more Hoth Rebel Troopers and Snowtroopers at the end of this year's December to complete the Hoth scenario. If I had known at this time that there will be no BP with Snowies and Hoth Rebels I would have thought about it twice to buy it. I've got not the money to buy two or more Hoth Rebel Bases and now there are only two Snowies and two Hoth Rebels for the whole Hoth landscape - that's abject! I hope that TLC will release one or more BPs with Snowies and Hoth Rebels in summer 2008 or in the beginning of 2009. Otherwise I would be very angry!

By the way: I can't remind of having seen the vehicles of the 7667 and 7668 BPs in one of the episode 1-6 movies. Does anyone know if they belong to episode 3, episode 4-6 or to the EU?

Since the pics are very cloudy: Does anyone know/see if there is a pilot in the cockpit of the Imperial Dropship?

The vehicles in 7667 and 7668, like in the last two battle packs, are made-up, by LEGO. There's probably a TIE pilot in the cockpit.

But the Rouge Shadow looks like total crap :-X :-X :-X !

*anti rant machine activated*

A set featuring what looks like 3 great figs cannot be crap !! Also from that pic, there is one great thing about that set: the color pattern looks great IMO: no crappy blue nor tan visible !!

Also bear in mind that a set cannot be total crap !! you may not like the design BUT it always have useful parts in it ;-)

Constant negativness can be really boring at times ;-)

Cannot wait for better pics ;-)

*yoda*

The vehicles in 7667 and 7668, like in the last two battle packs, are made-up, by LEGO. There's probably a TIE pilot in the cockpit.

Thank you very much for that information, sam89!

So they don't belong to the EU but to episode 4-6?