KimT

2008 Picture thread

What will be the prices for AT-TE and the RGS?

I too think that putting one trooper only in those sets is a really stupid idea :thumbdown: But I'm happy to get the chance of having another RGS and finally a AT-TE :wub:

So a not too bad year I would say :classic:

I agree that it hasn't been a bad year and in fact we as fans have gotten many of the things we've been asking for. New rebels, a new Republic Gunship and a re-release of the hoth base. Not to mention the upcoming Death Star set, which has been kept secret but does that really matter? I mean we''l get picture eventually so we just have to be patient.

And nobody is forcing you to buy these sets. If you don't like them then spend your money on something else.

What? Not in Canada?

Well, I will have to find the movie on streaming websites

People don't like movie hacks but when you can't see it in your own country, there is no other choice

And I don't want to wait that the DVD come out!

August 15 according to tribute.ca.

It´s dark and annoying because we get annoying, ugly and very overpriced sets like Rogue Shadow, AT-AP, Halfire Droid, Torrent Fighter (okay this set looks cool but it´s veeeeery overpriced) and Twilight (yes, there are no Set pictures, but the ship itself sucks enough). And the fact that there is just one soldier for the AT-TE and one for the LAAT/i... Are the designers insane? Were they on drugs or something like that? Everybody can see that there are two seats to fill and we get just one soldier? And in the AT-TE are 6 extra seats. Who does sit there? I don´t want to place there my army of Episode 3 clones, because I wanted to build a battle from the pilot movie with the troopers that were used there.

There must be a battlepack with 4 normal clones or I will run amok!

-First off, how dare you call the AT-AP ugly, blasphemy! :tongue:

-Second off, the new RGS has 4 troopers total, that means Commander Cody, 1 regular Phase 1 trooper, and most likely 2 pilots. The AT-TE as far as I know will still have only 1 trooper

besides Rex :hmpf_bad: , but I hope/pray/dream this will change before August.

-Thirdly a CW BP is almost a guarantee, later this year or in 2009. So, be patient TLG will make sure we can all get as many Phase. 1's as we want for our armies at a decent price... eventually.

2008=crap Awesomeness ON!

-Tarfful

EDIT: Spelling and grammer check.

Edited by Tarfful

I´m a bit confused... that seems to be happening more and more these days...

I said the DS will be shown in Chicago at Brick World.

Then there was a rumor that it will be released the 15 th om June.

That is before the Brick World...

How can that be?

Or was it released in July... naaah...

-Ras-

I´m a bit confused... that seems to be happening more and more these days...

I said the DS will be shown in Chicago at Brick World.

Then there was a rumor that it will be released the 15 th om June.

That is before the Brick World...

How can that be?

Or was it released in July... naaah...

-Ras-

Steff wrote some pages ago that the DS will be available the 15th of June. But I don't know if this is only information for Germany or generally. And for me Steff seems to be a reliable source :wink: .

I think the DS is just some sort of ball. When we are lucky we possibly get some sort of hangar and bridge with some officers and troopers. Oh god, this is a dark and annoying year for Lego Star Wars...

To the DS:

I, too, think that it'll be a ball - but only the half of the ball so that you can look and play inside. Or it miht be designed like the last minifig scaled Millenium Falcon with a lot of parts you can open to look and play inside. The underpart is probably flattened (like with the minifig scaled ISD) so that the half ball can stand safe.

But I don't think that there'll be a hangar included. Ok, perhaps a vey little one (like in the minifig scaled ISD) but surely not one which is as big as you can put Darth Vader's TIE Advanced in it.

I think that there'll be three floors:

First floor: trash compactor with Han and Luke in Stormtrooper outfit

Second floor: floor with Vader vs. Obi and two Stormtroopers and Leia's prison cell with Leia and that little black "torture" droid (don't know ist name)

Third floor: Tarkin's contorl room with "opened" window to look outside, Tarkin, an Imperial Officer

And hopefully we'll get some DS Troopers and some new Imperial Officers like e. g. lieutenants/captains/... :wink: !

To the dark and annoying year of Lego Star Wars:

I, too, am very disappointed that there are nearly no sets of the OT released this year :sad: ! Supposably that's because there are these new CW movies and series this year so that there are many sets of these. Do you remember that it was similar in 2005, too, when there was only released the TIE Fighter with Vader with a light-up laser sword, but besides no other OT sets since there was the new episode 2? Consequently there is hope that we OT fans will see gain more OT sets in the next years - especially next year when there is 10 years Lego SW because then there have to be many OT sets :wink: !

But if TLG decides to only release two OT sets or some like that every year - like they do this year - then LEgo SW would become :thumbdown: !

BTW: Nobody answered me yet: Do you think that there is hope that we're getting an OT set in size and price very similar to last year's Hoth Rebel Base in summer/fall? (There was this rumor of a Tatooine set with a bantha and tusken raiders, do you remember?!)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

@ Tarrful: There are so many strange things are going on with the Laaty. On the package is one clone, on the Toy Fair were two clones and one website said there will be four clones in the set, but they had forgotten Commander Cody. So it´s not sure if we get one, two, three or four troopers.

@ Klaus: This DS would be a very good set and would make this year not so dark and annoying. 2009 MUST be better with many OT sets. I hope they will remake then the AAT in a better version.

I don´t think that there will be a set like the Hoth Base. This year we get, got and will get 17 sets when the lists are right. I don´t think that TLC can do 18 sets for just one line in one year.

I don´t think that there will be a set like the Hoth Base. This year we get, got and will get 17 sets when the lists are right. I don´t think that TLC can do 18 sets for just one line in one year.

If they can do 17 than they hopefully can do 18 too :classic:

A Tatooine set would be great! And probably OT. :thumbup:

@ Tarrful: There are so many strange things are going on with the Laaty. On the package is one clone, on the Toy Fair were two clones and one website said there will be four clones in the set, but they had forgotten Commander Cody. So it´s not sure if we get one, two, three or four troopers.

snip

Yes, I realize that we can't say with absolute certainty how many Troopers will be included with the new RGS, but hey we might as well be optimistic. :classic:

Even amount of SW sets ON! :grin:

-Tarfful

Sorry if this is old news, but I noticed instructions for the mini V-19 Torrent is on Lego.com

See them here.

~Peace

Sorry if this is old news, but I noticed instructions for the mini V-19 Torrent is on Lego.com

See them here.

~Peace

People have told us about it being there(somewhere in this thread..) but no one has posted a link so you are a saviour to the lazy people...well me anyway :tongue:

Edit: damn my grammer is bad :blush:

Edited by hollisbrick

People have told us about it being there(somewhere in this thread..) but no one has posted a link so you are a saviour to the lazy people...well me anyway :tongue:

Edit: damn my grammer is bad :blush:

Oh yeah, I decided to look back and it turns out it was posted 6 pages ago. :blush: My bad.

~Peace

As I am lazy to look, can I ask the ~release date and ~price of this baby?

rgs_2.jpg

Thanks!

Stauder.

Perhaps a better question would be asking for the release date of all the sets. They are all coming out in the same month, June/July I think, because Hasbro pushed off their Clone Wars merchandise for several months and it was set to come out in July, so... :sceptic: I'd go anywhere from June to August. :sweet:

Heard, it'll be an August set, but maybe TLC is early again

Don't know a thing about the price though - but I'm very interested in the price, too...anyone? :sweet:

Actually, Klaus-Dieter put the link to the instructions in his original post about the Mini V19. :wink:

As I am lazy to look, can I ask the ~release date and ~price of this baby?

snip

I'd go anywhere from June to August. :sweet:

snip

Don't know a thing about the price though - but I'm very interested in the price, too...anyone? :sweet:

The answer to the question about the price of 7676 is: $119.99 USD. Yes, it's overpriced, but think of all the great new molds and minifigs we get. :wub:

The answer to the question about the release date for the CW sets is: August. Remember though that that's the official release date, I wouldn't be surprised to find them showing up in mid-late July.

Hope that answers your guy's questions. :classic:

-Tarfful

EDIT: Spelling and grammer check.

Edited by Tarfful

Even amount of SW sets ON! :grin:

-Tarfful

I totally agree with you, Tarfful and Vaders_son!

When TLG releases 17 sets there would be no big difference to release one additional set or not :wink: . And I personally hope that we'll get another OT set in late summer/fall since there have been only two sets this year until now which we know (Rebel Scout Speeder and DS - the HRB is only a re-release and no new set!).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Brickset says that Amazon.co.uk has the new SW sets now for preorder.

7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter £39.99

7674 TMV 19 Torrent £49.99

7675 AT-TE Walker £69.99

7676 Republic Attack Gunship £79.99

Looking at these prices all grouped together, does anyone else think TLC's release strategy is odd? 4 sets all released at the same time, with the cheapest one 40 pounds and the most expensive 80? What happened to the idea of releasing a line of sets with a range of price points? 240 pounds all in one hit is a big sum. I think it may impact sales, at least in the short term. Or maybe the plan is to have a lot of big, expensive sets on shelf in the run up to Xmas and have the cheaper lines in January when parents have less disposable cash to spend on the kiddies? What do others think?

No sign of them on Amazon.de and Lego.de but I checked Amazon.co.uk and they are listed. No release date tho.

I don't know about the pricing, but what else could they have done? Apparently there will be no 'cheap' sets like the BPs around this time of the year and LEGO usually releases all sets of a wave at the same time, don't they?

Once again a really tempting line of LSW sets. I have not been so eager to get the LSW sets in my hands for some time :cry_happy:

Perhaps a better question would be asking for the release date of all the sets. They are all coming out in the same month, June/July I think, because Hasbro pushed off their Clone Wars merchandise for several months and it was set to come out in July, so... :sceptic: I'd go anywhere from June to August. :sweet:

august

For my country, Singapore. These above sets will be released in mid-july. The price tagged will be different from the sterling pound. Based on USD$ the RGS and AT-TE Walker will be tagged approx USD$140 each.

I don't know about the pricing, but what else could they have done? Apparently there will be no 'cheap' sets like the BPs around this time of the year and LEGO usually releases all sets of a wave at the same time, don't they?

Ywah, I don't get that at all either. :sceptic: I mean, what was the point in releasing the cheapest CW set at the beginning of the year instead of together with the others anyway? :wacko: What were they thinking? "Hey, let's release the cheapest set waaay ahead of time, before anyone even knows about the movie, and release all the expensive ones when the movie comes out, so that prople only have those left to buy"? :sceptic:

Not nice, TLG! :hmpf_bad:

Ywah, I don't get that at all either. :sceptic: I mean, what was the point in releasing the cheapest CW set at the beginning of the year instead of together with the others anyway? :wacko: What were they thinking? "Hey, let's release the cheapest set waaay ahead of time, before anyone even knows about the movie, and release all the expensive ones when the movie comes out, so that prople only have those left to buy"? :sceptic:

Not nice, TLG! :hmpf_bad:

That's true, but I don't think it's so bad for us - we just have to spend our money at a certain point of the year which is August this time. Wouldn't be that much different when the release strategy would be different, would it? We'd buy them anyway :laugh:

I think that TLC will make the sets in August because the Ep.3 set where released when the movie was in theaters.

And any way ...... still no pics of the DS??? We (the public) should have them by now.