KimT

2008 Picture thread

Do you guy's think TLC will make a new clone wars General Grievous minifig? I do hope so i really dont like the old one to much...

A couple of things:

1. bossk didnt have to be at the freezing chamber, member ig-88 and dengar werent on the slave 1 when han was taken away

2. Dont trust any wiki. If they actually knew these new sets, they would post them on forums like these.

I was just on brick wiki to see if there was any other info regarding 09 sets.

I found this:

Seperatist Shuttle 8036 Nute Gunray, Count Dooku, Magna Guards (two), Droid Pilot 2009

Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter 8037 Anakin, R2-D2, Clone Pilot 2009

Republic Venator Cruiser 8039 Clone Troopers (four), Clone Pilots (two), Commander Wolffe, Astromech Droid, Plo Koon 2009

Corperate Alliance Tank Droid 7748 Battle Droid, Super Battle Droids (two), Kit Fisto, Clone Trooper 2009

Slave 1 & Carbonite Chamber 8096 Bossk, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Leia, Darth Vader, Chewbacca Christmas 2009

Endor Battle 8038 Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, 2 Ewoks, Storm Trooper, Scout Trooper 2009

Millenium Falcon 7778 Lando Calrissian, Nien Numb, Chewbacca 2009

Home 1 Cruiser 8098 Ackbar, Luke, Leia, 2 Rebel Troopers, Rebel Pilot 2009

Arrest of Palpitine 8097 Palpitine, Anakin, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, 2 Royal Guards Christmas 2009

These look great!! Mainly the one in bold, I wonder what the price is :cry_happy: With a carbonite chamber :cry_happy: But if it is as big as the last Slave one it WILL be quite expensive :cry_sad::sceptic:

But dont get your hopes up guys, we can't always trust this site :sceptic: Although I hope it's true :cry_happy::thumbup:

EDIT: for the one in bold, is that comming out in christmas this year or next (if it is true :sceptic: )

Edited by hollisbrick

EDIT: for the one in bold, is that comming out in christmas this year or next (if it is true)

They all say 2009 after so I would imagine Christmas next year.

Most of these sets seem possible but the figs in the 'Palpatine's Arrest' set don't look too good.

Those in the 'Millenium Falcon' and 'Slave I & Carbonite Chamber' sets are incorrect and this list is not turning out to be too convincing for me, as much as I'd like it to be real. :sceptic:

Thank you very much for the information, Tim Bit and Justin2224! :sweet:

Thanks for the info Tim Bit :thumbup: . To be honest the whole list looks really really fan "wish" and it also comes from a wiki resource so I prefer to wait and see :classic: .

I totally agree with you, darkrebellion!

This list seems to be very similar to set wishes in our "Future Star Wars Sets" topic.

Second, Bossk wasn't the freezing chamber, and that sounds like the Slave I and Cloud City landing pad that was eliminated almost immediately. But if, I forgot who it was who talked to the LEGO clerk (sorry), that person was right, we may end up getting all 3 like the list says.

But suppositional TLG would release all three sets - what should have been then the sense of letting Lego SW fans all over the world vote for one of these sets?! :sceptic:

But dont get your hopes up guys, we can't always trust this site :sceptic: Although I hope it's true :cry_happy::thumbup:

Yes, I totally agree with you, hollisbrick!

Since I don't own the last version of the Slave 1 (which was imo great) I really would like to see TLG releasing a new one - at the best with a landing platform. I really hope that they'll release it in 2010 - but next year is imo unrealistic to believe.

But I personally would much more like to see two seperate sets: The SLve 1 itself (of course not only the vehicle but even minifigs) and a bigger and more detailed re-design of the Cloud City - that would be :wub: !

These minifig lists don't sound particularly believable, even if you ignore the notorious unreliability of brickipedia. Firstly, the Echo Base seems like something that is pretty unnecesary for someone that owns 7666, it's not exactly difficult to build your own bunker out of a bunch of white bricks.

As for the Endor set, Endor without ewoks (I know some people would like this) just doesn't seem likely, they were pretty critical in the battle.

I totally agree with you, hewman!

A big Endor set without Ewoks is unbelievable :hmpf: !

On Brickipedia it says that Echo Base is $20 USD, comes with 2 Rebel Troopers, and a trench and turret.

I don't doubt that the Echo Base will come with a trench, a turret and two Rebel Troopers - in contrary that sounds realistic.

But:

1. Where is the Tauntaun?! I think TLG will (have to) include a Tauntaun in this set. Otherwise many (adult) Lego SW fans - me included - would be really disappointed and angry!

2. And where are the Snowtroopers?! A Hoth BP which only includes Rebel Troopers - where should there be the sense?! Shall they fight against the air?! :laugh: No, there have to be some Snowtroopers included in this set, too. And when you think from TLG's point of view: They always want to offer sets with a lot of action and playability (mainly for JFOLs important). And since there is no information about another Hoth set which would/could include Snowtroopers I think it's obvious that there'll be some snowtroopers included in the Echo Base.

3. A BP which shall be even bigger than the ones in january but with only two minifigs included?! Unbelievable :hmpf: , I'd say! There surely are four until five minifigs included in this set. (Maybe a turret, a trench, two Rebel Troopers hiding in the trench, two Snowtroopers on attack and a Rebel Captain on a Tauntaun in the background - that would be perfect and :wub: , don't you think?!)

First, Chewie was never in the Falcon with Nein Numb or Lando.

I totally agree with you, Justin2224!

Despite from that I'm very sceptic about that we shall get a new MF in 2009 (like I already mentioned) it surely would not come with this minifigure combination! And I hope that it would even not come with only three minifigs - that would be really :sad: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The info I got was from a Wiki as well, but all of the sets were on the one we thnk to be true.

And yes Klaus-Dieter, it would make a helluva lota sense to include at least one Taun Taun and 2 Snowtroopers. But as I said, that was a Wiki.

First of all the endor set is listed with two ewocks.

I didn't really plan to say anything else but that on yet brick wiki they list this: Space Battle 8678 2009 under minis. This could be good :cry_happy: But it is brick wiki and it may not be true.

I was just on brick wiki to see if there was any other info regarding 09 sets.

I found this:

Seperatist Shuttle 8036 Nute Gunray, Count Dooku, Magna Guards (two), Droid Pilot 2009

Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter 8037 Anakin, R2-D2, Clone Pilot 2009

Republic Venator Cruiser 8039 Clone Troopers (four), Clone Pilots (two), Commander Wolffe, Astromech Droid, Plo Koon 2009

Corperate Alliance Tank Droid 7748 Battle Droid, Super Battle Droids (two), Kit Fisto, Clone Trooper 2009

Slave 1 & Carbonite Chamber 8096 Bossk, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Leia, Darth Vader, Chewbacca Christmas 2009

Endor Battle 8038 Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, 2 Ewoks, Storm Trooper, Scout Trooper 2009

Millenium Falcon 7778 Lando Calrissian, Nien Numb, Chewbacca 2009

Home 1 Cruiser 8098 Ackbar, Luke, Leia, 2 Rebel Troopers, Rebel Pilot 2009

Arrest of Palpitine 8097 Palpitine, Anakin, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, 2 Royal Guards Christmas 2009

Most of this sounds fairly true and not over-the-top, except for a few...

All three of those ones we voted for at TRU are on there.

-Slave 1 and Carbonite Chamber- Why Bossk? Not that I'm complaining, but it just seems that TLC is trying to fill in what they haven't done yet.

-Home 1 Cruiser- The figs make sense, but again, I thought we were only going to have one set of the three...

Arrest of Palpatine- Please no. Agen Kolar, Stass Allie?

Remember people, these figure lists are speculations, not facts. Some of these sound realistic, but I am waiting until we get some pictures.

But suppositional TLG would release all three sets - what should have been then the sense of letting Lego SW fans all over the world vote for one of these sets?! :sceptic:

So they know which one not to screw up on. :classic:

I remember a few years ago TLC made a poll so that AFOLs could vote for the set they wanted. There were about eight sets listed if I remember correctly. By the end of the next year, every set on the list had been released.

Most of this sounds fairly true and not over-the-top, except for a few...

All three of those ones we voted for at TRU are on there.

-Slave 1 and Carbonite Chamber- Why Bossk? Not that I'm complaining, but it just seems that TLC is trying to fill in what they haven't done yet.

-Home 1 Cruiser- The figs make sense, but again, I thought we were only going to have one set of the three...

Arrest of Palpatine- Please no. Agen Kolar, Stass Allie?

I think you mean Saesee Tiin. Stass Allie was on Saleucami, about to be killed by Commander Neyo.

I think a Palpatine's Arrest set without the two new Jedi isn't worth having. Sales would be much higher if they included them.

I remember a few years ago TLC made a poll so that AFOLs could vote for the set they wanted. There were about eight sets listed if I remember correctly. By the end of the next year, every set on the list had been released.

I don

Edited by darkrebellion

Great find, Mutley! This fig looks great, and a bit like Commander Wolffe. $10 isn't bad, but you could get the whoel battle pack for that much in just 1-2 weeks (which is my estimate on when the new sets will be appearing in stores).

First of all the endor set is listed with two ewocks.

I didn't really plan to say anything else but that on yet brick wiki they list this: Space Battle 8678 2009 under minis. This could be good :cry_happy: But it is brick wiki and it may not be true.

Thanks, Tim Bit. It was actually one of the posting after yours saying that there weren't ewoks in the Endor set, and as others have said including myself, that'd just be plain stupid.

First star wars sets found? Well this ebay item has the new clone from the battle pack for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEGO-Star-Wars-8014-...p3286.m63.l1177

Here is the pic of the item. Very nice clone :cry_happy:

clonegunner.jpg

Awesome find mutley777 :thumbup: . The new clone looks after all a lot like the AT-TE gunner/pilot which is awesome and well this is now my favorite clone after the commanders and the captian :wink: .

Sweet :cry_happy: I can't wait til that set and the AAT come out. He'll go perfectly with the AT-TE I'm getting for Christmas.

And yes, Wolffe is one of the Clones that are the bridge crew of the Venators. Those clones are the AT-TE commanders/gunners.

I can't find a refernce pic, but you can see him in an AT-TE in the Clone Wars movie during the Battle of Teth when Ahsoka stands on top of it.

Sweet :cry_happy: I can't wait til that set and the AAT come out. He'll go perfectly with the AT-TE I'm getting for Christmas.

And yes, Wolffe is one of the Clones that are the bridge crew of the Venators. Those clones are the AT-TE commanders/gunners.

I can't find a refernce pic, but you can see him in an AT-TE in the Clone Wars movie during the Battle of Teth when Ahsoka stands on top of it.

Here is a reference pic:

8014-0.jpg

Sorry for the size.

I think you mean Saesee Tiin. Stass Allie was on Saleucami, about to be killed by Commander Neyo.

I think a Palpatine's Arrest set without the two new Jedi isn't worth having. Sales would be much higher if they included them.

Oh. Yeah. Him. :blush: You're right- the only incentive is Palpatine and the guards...

First star wars sets found? Well this ebay item has the new clone from the battle pack for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEGO-Star-Wars-8014-...p3286.m63.l1177

Here is the pic of the item. Very nice clone :cry_happy:

clonegunner.jpg

I really like this. Well done, TLC!