KimT

2008 Picture thread

Have I told you how much I can't wait for venator pics.

On a side note will anyone want to sell me a couple new super bds when they come out?

Did he happen to tell you the prices (preferably in USD)?

yeah here's the price's for you guys and i do hope he gave me the right prices cause if he didnt im going to get a baseball bat and beat him down....

RAS $59.99 usd

ATT $49.99 usd

Hyena Driod Bomber $29.99 usd

Vader's Tie Fighter $29.99 usd

Ahsoka's Starfighter $29.99 usd

Battle Pack's $11.99 usd

Well that prices look right to me Dark Brickz, thanks for the info :thumbup: . The only prices that seem overpriced to me are that ones of the Hyena and the TIE, C

Edited by darkrebellion

Wel that prices look right to me Dark Brickz, thanks for the info :thumbup: . The only prices taht seem overpriced to me are that ones of the Hyena and the TIE, c´ mon TLC they don´t value that :hmpf_bad: . Also no "new" minifigs in the Hyena and the TIE so why the increase of the price?

yeah here's the price's for you guys and i do hope he gave me the right prices cause if he didnt im going to get a baseball bat and beat him down....

RAS $59.99 usd

ATT $49.99 usd

Battle Pack's $11.99 usd

It's AAT. The battlepacks and the AAT seem too expensive. Well the AAT does have 7 minifigs.

RAS $59.99 usd

ATT $49.99 usd

Battle Pack's $11.99 usd

Thanks for the info, DB. The RAS's price is good and believable in this list, hopefully it will stay at that price. The AAT is a bit more expensive that I would like it to be, but not too bad. Hyena... meh, I'm still nit sure o this one, but the TIE looks reasonably priced (c'mon, chrome!). Ashoka's starfighter is the equivalent to the N-1 Naboo fighter, IMO, so a fair price. I wonder why the BPs are $12 now...

Thanks for the info, DB. The RAS's price is good and believable in this list, hopefully it will stay at that price. The AAT is a bit more expensive that I would like it to be, but not too bad. Hyena... meh, I'm still nit sure o this one, but the TIE looks reasonably priced (c'mon, chrome!). Ashoka's starfighter is the equivalent to the N-1 Naboo fighter, IMO, so a fair price. I wonder why the BPs are $12 now...

Thats simple my friend. The reason is the new mold for the clone trooper helmets and the ainmated style. TLC had to build new machines to for all the which cost them alot of money so they have to charge alil more for the quailty that they are giving us. I think its a rip off but i gotta have them all.. :grin:

Well those prices stink :sceptic: I was hoping for things a bit cheapter but I guess not. So the Bps are $12 not just at TRU but everywhere, NOOO!!! :cry_sad: That is really dissapointing $2 might not seem like much but it adds up, everything else I suppose is expceted, except I would think Vaders tie would be $20 but I guess not. Well Thanks for the prices anyway.

Thats simple my friend. The reason is the new mold for the clone trooper helmets and the ainmated style. TLC had to build new machines to for all the which cost them alot of money so they have to charge alil more for the quailty that they are giving us. I think its a rip off but i gotta have them all.. :grin:

Yeah, but this year they gave us the TOTALLY new Rebel Trooper that also owns an all new helmet and they are only $9.99 battlepacks that contain them :sadnew: .

Yeah, but this year they gave us the TOTALLY new Rebel Trooper that also owns an all new helmet and they are only $9.99 battlepacks that contain them :sadnew: .

True but remember the "Economy" back then wasn't so bad when they released them new rebel troopers. :grin:

True Dark Brickz :tongue::thumbup: . Also, anyone know anything about the 10 anniversary exclusive? Yes, the one that TLC asked us what we want some time ago´, I am not talking about the TRU exclusive or the new TIE Advanced :tongue::thumbup: .

You are right about that Darkbrckz but they only need to make new molds! Not machines and each mold only cost $2000 dollars to make. With the amount of lego they sell around the world the price shouldn't increase that much! Even during bad times, they should make it cheaper! :hmpf_bad: Anyway, thanks for the updates! Wow! 11..99 for a battle pack! :classic:

RAS $59.99 usd

ATT $49.99 usd

Battle Pack's $11.99 usd

Finally the USA gets a price increase and nearly every set has the same price numbers like in Europe.

It's AAT. The battlepacks and the AAT seem too expensive. Well the AAT does have 7 minifigs.

Well, the AAT has just 2 REAL minifigs, Yoda and the clone trooper. Droids are cheaper in production than normal minifigs, because they need no assembly for the arms and legs and they havn´t any prints. So they are just a few more bricks.

Finally the USA gets a price increase and nearly every set has the same price numbers like in Europe.

:thumbdown:

Thanks a lot. Hope that makes you feel better. :hmpf:

Nononono.

Let's not turn this into a price difference discussion again.

There's a topic for that in either the Ambassadors' forum or LEGO News & General discussion.

I can't remember since I don't really care about that discussion anymore.

Thanks for finding the prices for us.

I found piece counts and short (kinda messed up) descriptions for some of the new sets:

" " " " "

LEGO 8037 Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter

Awesome figures!Big guns!From The Clone Wars on TV, this thrilling vehicle takes the classic ship and shows the world the original version! Fully armored and loaded with gun pods and more, this amazing ship is sure to strike fear in the heart of anyone going up against it. [Category: Construction Toys]

" " " " "

I'm worried about this, because the CW y-wings are really smooth and rounded unlike the OT ones so it might look off proportion. :cry_sad:

( the "s were put in by me to save space ).

:thumbdown:

Thanks a lot. Hope that makes you feel better. :hmpf:

No, I was just surprised because this is the first time that the USA gets a general increase. But sorry that I started it again.

So we have to pay a few more dollars! Come now, have you no poetry, my European friend? :tongue:

Do I have to answer that question because I don´t know what you mean?^^

No, I was just surprised because this is the first time that the USA gets a general increase. But sorry that I started it again.

Since I'm an unsophisticated American barbarian I don't know what he means....

I'm a little worried about the Venator Star Destroyer Set. It's not that big. I beleive the Trade Federation MTT has more pieces than the Venator is supposed to have. I hope it's not made up of a bunch of huge plate pieces like the Imperial Star Destroyer was. I think the Venator is at or under 1,100 peices. It has the potential to be a great set but I honestly hope Lego doesn't make it combersome to build or move like the original destroyer. I also hope they give us ample clone troopers and maybe even speciality minifigs! (ARC Troopers anyone? :cry_happy: ) Only time will tell....

It's a favored line of the Penguin from Batman; it's rhetorical. :wink:

Since I'm an unsophisticated American barbarian I don't know what he means....

I'm a little worried about the Venator Star Destroyer Set. It's not that big. I beleive the Trade Federation MTT has more pieces than the Venator is supposed to have. I hope it's not made up of a bunch of huge plate pieces like the Imperial Star Destroyer was. I think the Venator is at or under 1,100 peices. It has the potential to be a great set but I honestly hope Lego doesn't make it combersome to build or move like the original destroyer. I also hope they give us ample clone troopers and maybe even speciality minifigs! (ARC Troopers anyone? :cry_happy: ) Only time will tell....

Well I resent that, as a New Yorker myself. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

Out of those set's rumored with out pics, these are the ones I want

7749 - Echo Base - 155 Pieces

7778 - Millennium Falcon Mid Scale

8038 - Star Wars Endor Battle Playset - 887 Pieces

got this info from brickset.com

7748 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - 216 Pieces

7749 - Echo Base - 155 Pieces

7778 - Millennium Falcon Mid Scale

8036 - Separatists Shuttle - 257 Pieces

8037 - Anakins Y-Wing Starfighter - ? Pieces

8038 - Star Wars Endor Battle Playset - 887 Pieces

8039 - Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser - 1169 Pieces

Sets hold promise - but i cant help but feel they are scraping the barrell

I for one have been hoping for a good Corporate Alliance Tank droid for years (the 05 one sucks)

..but that is hardly a big hitting set is it??

A tiny Venator is a big let down too

This year we had the Death Star for cripes sake, and a good AT-TE and Gunship - people had been after those for years

Nothing really compares in the '09 range