KimT

2008 Picture thread

I am excited about the Clone and Droid BP's and the AAT. I love the Clone Wars sets, but am anxious for some OT again.

Although i know what you mean, I still find it annoying they dont release some of the bigger ships (eg, Titanive IV) and we could do with heaps more ground vechiles and scenes/buildings...

Aren't we going to get the Mon Calamari Cruiser sometime early this year? I thought that that came out on top, so that should be a good pickup for OT fans, right?

Aren't we going to get the Mon Calamari Cruiser sometime early this year? I thought that that came out on top...

I don't think so. I don't think that we know for sure yet which one of the Fans' Choice sets we will get (it will be announced in February), and if the poll that will determine this turns out approximately like this sample poll, the chances are higher that we will get a Palpatine's Arrest set instead. Sorry, OT fans! :wink:

EDIT: I made some changes to this text in the attempt to make my statement more clear.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Just because Eurobricks members voted for Palp's arrest doesn't mean it will, there's a whole world of voters, so it is really up in the air.

Just because Eurobricks members voted for Palp's arrest doesn't mean it will, there's a whole world of voters, so it is really up in the air.

I don't think so. I don't think that we know for sure yet which one of the Fans' Choice sets we will (it will be announced in February) and according to this poll, the chances are higher that we will get a Palpatine's Arrest set. Sorry, OT fans! :wink:

Seriously; You think that it was just eurobricks members that voted? Besides, the set, whatever it will turn out to be, comes out in 2010.

-Chuck

I know. I never said that it will, I only said that it would be likely if the real poll would turn out approximately like JimButcher's. :sadnew:

Seriously; You think that it was just eurobricks members that voted? Besides, the set, whatever it will turn out to be, comes out in 2010.

-Chuck

I don't like your tone, Chuck. :hmpf_bad: Of course I don't think that, but I do believe that the EB members who voted in Jim's poll may be a sample of all the people who voted.

And are you sure it will be released in 2010? :sceptic: Why would they wait a year to sell it when they already know what it will be in February? They would miss the anniversary. :wacko:

Anyway, I think this is getting a bit off topic, so let's stay focused.

The set will be announced in February and the set will be released in autumn or winter. That´s what I do remember. And it´s the the arrest of Palpatine. I saw very many polls and everytime the arrest won and besides from that, we saw in the display-case with the new pirates also some guy with the Palpatine-hair from the LSW games.

new_hair_mold.jpg

To the rumors:

Hopefully we will get these Battlepacks and sets. 2008s first wave was too random and this awesome wave would remedy that.

I think that Oky Wan Kenobi made a valid point. If you look at politics, they are taking polling all of the time. Are they polling everyone that will vote in a presidential election, no. They are simply polling a sample group to get an idea of how people will vote. I think that the Eurobrick poll gives a good idea of what I think the polling will be. A lot of people are big fans of PT sets, simply because it is more recent and people can relate more. I also think that a lot of people love the OT as well, especially something like the Mon Calamari cruisers that are really cool and have never been released. I believe that it will be a very close race, with Palpatine's Arrest coming in as the winner (unfortunately).

I don't like your tone, Chuck. :hmpf_bad: Of course I don't think that, but I do believe that the EB members who voted in Jim's poll may be a sample of all the people who voted.

And are you sure it will be released in 2010? :sceptic: Why would they wait a year to sell it when they already know what it will be in February? They would miss the anniversary. :wacko:

Anyway, I think this is getting a bit off topic, so let's stay focused.

First of all, I don't know what "tone" you are talking about, so don't even try that mini-mod BS. Second of all, of course Eurobricks is a sample of people who voted. A very, very, small sample. Its as if you think only certain people were allowed to vote; it was an open poll.

-Chuck

Edited by Chuck

Will someone explain to me why the Taj Mahal Lego set with 6000 bricks is £74 ($150) CHEAPER than the Death Star with 3000 bricks?

Its times like this that make me so angry with Lego - no wonder they are struggling, total rip off merchants

They charge any old price with no relation to actual cost

Will someone explain to me why the Taj Mahal Lego set with 6000 bricks is £74 ($150) CHEAPER than the Death Star with 3000 bricks?

Its times like this that make me so angry with Lego - no wonder they are struggling, total rip off merchants

They charge any old price with no relation to actual cost

Simple.

Licensed versus non-licensed. With the Taj-Mahal TLG makes ALL the money. With licensed like SW they DON'T.

I hope that satisfies your question.

I believe it is because it is licensed and includes minifigs. It seems to be that sets with lots of figs are more expensive although the set is usually bigger. By the way what is the price? Sorry KimT you posted like the same time I did so I didn't see your comment.

Edited by Skipper 24

Yes, the minifigs ALONE in the DS set probably accout for $50 -$75 of the price...

Somewhere, I remember LEGO saying that minifigs are more expensive to make than bricks, and in this case, there are multiple new fig parts (I think). So, if you add 2 and 2, you get about $300-USD :wink:

ANYWAY-Does anybody have some clue as to who the possible sith in the aat is? Like some EU sith or something?

ANYWAY-Does anybody have some clue as to who the possible sith in the aat is? Like some EU sith or something?

That has been talked about earlier and I wont even tell you who the rumours say is in the AAT.

Perhaps reading the thread might be a good idea? :hmpf:

And please don't post LIKE THIS. :hmpf_bad:

So read the thread and you'll be up to date on all info/rumours so far.

That has been talked about earlier and I wont even tell you who the rumours say is in the AAT.

Perhaps reading the thread might be a good idea? :hmpf:

And please don't post LIKE THIS. :hmpf_bad:

So read the thread and you'll be up to date on all info/rumours so far.

I think I should add that there are only 4 sith in the movie/series:

Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus, General Grievous and Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine.

Edited by THE-FORCE

Greivious isn't a Sith. It says so on Wookiepedia.. And the CW is a new movie, so who says there won't be a new Sith? Just becasue there are only so many in the movies, doesn't mean there aren't anymore Sith. There are many more than four.

And Vader does count. And Darth Maul.

Greivious isn't a Sith. It says so on Wookiepedia.. And the CW is a new movie, so who says there won't be a new Sith? Just becasue there are only so many in the movies, doesn't mean there aren't anymore Sith. There are many more than four.

And Vader does count. And Darth Maul.

I thought he wasn't. And I momentarily forgot about Maul. :tongue:

Also, thanks for the links!

DSR

I'm not disagreeing with you, I know that we have seen there can be many Sith, but how come in Ep. 1 Yoda specifically said "There are always two. No more, no less," if Lucas wasn't going to follow that?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I know that we have seen there can be many Sith, but how come in Ep. 1 Yoda specifically said "There are always two. No more, no less," if Lucas wasn't going to follow that?

Actually, there only are Sidious (Palpatine) as the teacher and Tyranus (Dooku) as the apprentice. Assajj, Grievous, and all the others are just servants of Dooku. If you watch Star Wars: Clone Wars, you can see Dooku clarrifyng that Assajj is no Sith.

So quit the silly rumors of there being a Sith in the AAT. If you want to know who it really is, follow Master KimT's advice and read the thread. :sadnew:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

So quit the silly rumors of there being a Sith in the AAT. If you want to know who it really is, follow Master KimT's advice and read the thread. :sadnew:

It could be a Sith, for all we really know. Unless you can prove any of us otherwise, I advise you don't scold others for simply speculating.

-Chuck-