KimT

2008 Picture thread

Hey, I remember that one... it was sold for something like $500 on an ebay auction some time ago... 8-

Oky your toned down post is better, however you should learn to think before posting such a poor post. If it happens again then i won't be so forgiving.

Back on topic on!!! :-)

Thank you, my Lord!

Although you probably find my lack of self-control disturbing ;-) , I shall follow your orders and use this "think-before-posting" technique of yours! *y*

May I add that I find your suggestion of stopping those endless, non-Lego related discusions and getting back to the point magnificant? I can highly recomment everybody else to follow this advice... or else you shall feel the wrath of the Dark Lord! >:-) Muhahahaha! X-D

PS: What does "GG" stand for?

Point is that we cant really know what minifigs comes with the sets.. Remember the first Sandcrawler pics? There where more minifigs in the picture, then there where when the set was released... Same with the vessels, we cant really know know at this time..

We have to Wait for New York :-)

And no i dont fear the Dark Lord :-P

Man.... just man....... what a beaut. The colors, the size, the kowakian-monkey lizard? I can't believe my eyes it is so cool I'm going to cry. I'm in love.... again *thinks about stuff*.

*pirate* -my 9 cents

The prototype sets themselves all look like great starts, and I have to say I'm stoked about the idea of a Ventress minifig (by far my favorite character of the entire Clone Wars media blitz, particularly how she was depicted in the animated microseries).

I am, however, still not a fan of the "animated" look TLC has apparently chosen to give the faces of sets based on the new series. Hopefully they'll show a bit more restraint with Ventress and the other new figs than they did with the Anakin in the new JSF set.

badger

I dont know if this has been posted yet ( couldnt find it )

7676_republic_gunship.jpg

enjoy

My opinion of this set (not that anybody cares just because I can):

Yay! Plo Koon (spellcheck) is a cool jedi. I just wish they would make a set off the starfighter he has in ROTS before Order 66. I am dissapointed (again spellcheck) at the lack of clones, battle droids (those suckers rock!!!) the unusual sticker (I think Lego is gonna do a lot of wierd stickers. Check out the egyptian temple thingy from Indiana Jones.) and the fact it is not the ARC Gunship.

Now we ''need'' the picture of the IFT-X.. X-D

I hope they do a Ki-adi-mundi MF in it with some clones and CC-1138 also known as Bacara.. ;-)

And no i dont fear the Dark Lord :-P

You should do.......... :-P

My one fear with the new RGS is that they will remove Plo Koon or Ventress from the set, like TT pointed out they have done silly things like that before.

Rumour has it that the first RGS was supposed to include a Mace Windu fig, but lego got scared and decided not to.

Rumour has it that the first RGS was supposed to include a Mace Windu fig, but lego got scared and decided not to.

damn! that could've been my chance to get a non LUL one... I think that was the worst TLC has ever come with... Ever ever ever... Those LUL figs are completely pointless and horrible. I'm so glad they scrapped the very idea of doing more (at least I hope they did)

a nice box!

but....is it a square? :-/ |-/

No it dosen't look square and why the hell do you ask? Whats that got to do with the set itself? |-/

b99c_2.JPG

Wish Lego had done this *wub*

P

I got it, it sits proudly next to my Republic Gunship :-)

Its an awesome set - much better than the official version - well worth the $500

a nice box!

but....is it a square? :-/ |-/

Uhm, o.k. what do you think is a square? Please tell me before I call the asylum on you.

ALSO, LOOK CLOSELY AT THE TORRENT DOOHICKEY'S COCKPIT! I SEE YELLOW!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jabbabob

Uhm, o.k. what do you think is a square? Please tell me before I call the asylum on you.

Yes, I mentioned that earlier. ;-) Oh, and you don't need to type REALLY BIG to get someone's attention. It doesen't work, but it usually does on Mods/Admins. ;-)

Btw, I think this is all rik needs to be told: 1. These are preliminary. 2. They aren't pics of the actual box, it's a magazine scan. 3. Lego boxes are always square/rectangular.

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

OK thats it for you !! The ambulance isd on its way to bring you to the Asylum !!

*yoda*

Well that's another in the chamber, what is it with members posting crap like that. Let jabbabobs post be a lesson to all, our patience has grown thin and this crap won't be tolerated anymore.

Well that's another in the chamber, what is it with members posting crap like that. Let jabbabobs post be a lesson to all, our patience has grown thin and this crap won't be tolerated anymore.

Correction mate: our patience is no longer existing !!

*yoda*

Correction mate: our patience is no longer existing !!

*yoda*

Indeed mate, i think the term is:

Pissed off Admins on *vader*

After looking back at the previous posts, I don't think that this has been posted. I don't think that this RGS splits in the center like the first one does... Also, do those panels forward of the wings on the side of the swing doors swing as well. If they do, that would force Lego to place those torrents inside behind them to show the detail in front of what might appear to be entrance doors (the round things) in front.

I personally love this go around... I have three of the others, and now I might have to get rid of one so I can display this one in middle. The only addition I would suggest to Lego is that they uses the barrel flick-fire gatlin gun style missile launchers instead of the flick fire missiles on top... much more authentic.

The only addition I would suggest to Lego is that they uses the barrel flick-fire gatlin gun style missile launchers instead of the flick fire missiles on top... much more authentic.

You mean the Bionicle huge one ? That would look weired don't you think ?

*yoda*

You mean the Bionicle huge one ? That would look weired don't you think ?

*yoda*

Not if Lego rebuilds the top to let them slide down into place. If you watch EP II, there is a shot sequence of those missiles cycling, reloading as it were... but now that you mention it, they might be a bit large... But still, those flick-fires are large and out of place as well. Those bionicle ones would just look more... gunship like :-P

You should do.......... :-P

My one fear with the new RGS is that they will remove Plo Koon or Ventress from the set, like TT pointed out they have done silly things like that before.

i know what you mean, i remember when the sail barge was going to include C3-PO, chewie and bib fortuna (sp?)

Indeed mate, i think the term is:

Pissed off Admins on *vader*

very sorry *vader* *yoda* ECT

i know i probably had somthing to do with that... :'-) mercy please :-P

If a minifig was to be taken out it would probably be Plo Koon, though I wound't mind Obi Wan being taken out, he probably be in at least 2 of the 8 clone wars sets, and if we don't see Padme: *skull*

I like that pic on the side of the ship, but, whats it simbolise.

The problem with Canon is there are levels of Canon. And people's levels differ.

Sure, you say that the Clone Wars are mentioned in the film. Well, the end of them are shown in the film so to many, that part of the clone wars and the fact they exist are Canon. The events of the clone wars TV shows, not canon. Or at least a lower level of Canon than what is actually seen in the films.

And then there is the point that the films themselves change. What does that do to Canon? Is it Canon that Han shot first or second. oy!

Or the fact that it was 'canon' after the original Star Wars that Darth Vader killed Luke's dad. OY OY!

I reminded there was a book that was published prior to ESB called 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye'. Supposedly, it was 'canon' or as much as they even worried about Canon back then. And then ESB and RoTJ came out and pretty much wiped it out. Which is good because if I recall there were some cozy scenes between Luke and Leia.

So, you're comfortable with saying what happens in the clone wars cartoons is canon. Thats your opinion. Others think that the Clone Wars happened are canon but the events as they are depicted in the cartoon are EU because everything not directly seen in the movie is EU.

Personally, I think the original clone wars cartoon was better than the PT movies. But I didn't take them as canon because everything could change. (I mean really, when Anakin was in the rain and with his hair down stopped looking like stylized Hayden Christianson and started looking like stylized Mark Hammel and its the same animation model! That's genius! And Ani's descent from rashness to anger and the dark side was better illustrated than in the movies, too.)

But I digress like I always do. Trying to impose one person's idea of Star Wars canon on another is like arguing which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek. Nobody is ever going to win.

Tohst -

and I laugh like I always do

and I cried like I cried for you

when balloon man blew up in my face.

Great post. I didn't care for any of the prequel movies, but thought the CW series was brilliant, everything the movies should have been, though the art style had to grow on me. But I'm glad there's a new series coming out, and I'm fine with TLC's decision to use it and the Force: Unleashed game for inspiration. The new gunship looks great, with or without the side turrets. Personally, I think it looks sleeker without them, but I don't see it as being a difficult mod if the final product doesn't include them, for those who want them. The possibility of an Asajj fig thrills me( one of the best characters in CW, IMHO), although I would have liked to have seen her come with the little ship from the cartoon. Still, beggars can't be choosers, so I'll be happy to get her in minifig form regardless. I'm on the fence about FF missiles , as they're integrated well into some sets, and stick out obtrusively in others. They appear obtrusive on this model, but hopefully TLC will design something more like a rotary launcher before the thing is finalized. The full bubbles on the wings are a welcome improvement. I liked the split front and tool box in the original, as it didn't change the overall look of the model, but was a cool "LEGO" touch. Looking forward to adding this to my collection in June. On the whole, I'm really happy with this year's sets thus far. I picked up the Rogue Shadow, AT-AP, Hailfire/Spider droid, and Anakin's Starfighter yesterday.. the RS, while a bit ugly :-D , has so many features that I couldn't help but love it. The chain wheels on my Hailfire don't spin very well, but it captures the look of the thing just fine. The AT-AP is *wub* , but I love walkers and mecha, so I'm biased. Ani's Sf is a nice little ship. The R2 ejection system doesn't push him out of the ship very far, unless one pushes the ejection lever in the back quickly, making R2 fly like in the movies. The landings aren't pretty, so I hope TLC makes a Droid Factory soon!

Cheers,

M'Kyuun