kurigan

Prisoner Cart

So, a few weeks ago, I caught the bug to just build something, for the sake of building something new and different from what I had been doing. I've been wanting to do more with my Castle stuff lately, so that's where I looked for inspiration. I found the remnants of a King's Carriage 6044 in a used lot I bought for my store and thought of doing a cart. If I did it in blue, I could do something trendy with Black Falcons too. Any way, it wound up being something much more like Prisoner Convoy 6055 , but I think it came out pretty OK and wanted to share it while I had a moment. It's a bit comically proportioned but I think it works. It was a bit of an adventure to get all the elements to work and I'm not 100% on the door latch system. I don't think I'll find time or inspiration to revisit it any time in the near future though, so let's call it done and enjoy. Credit to TJJohn12 for the idea on the horses' harness.

0410212352.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

0410212356b.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

0410212356a.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

0410212353.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

0410212354.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

0410212352a.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&f

Thanks for taking a look!

More images here

Dave

Edited by kurigan

A lovely build. Shaping is perfect as always. What are those pieces around horse's necks?

Anyway, good job! :pir-thumb:

14 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

A lovely build. Shaping is perfect as always. What are those pieces around horse's necks?

Anyway, good job! :pir-thumb:

Thanks mate! Inside out tires actually (3483). 

Looks like a great update of a classic set. I'm just missing the brown touches of 6055 ☺

This is a really nice wagon!  I think the only bit of this MOC that leans towards "comedic" as you noted is the height of the bench for the driver.  If it was attached to the wagon 2 studs lower I think that would help a lot with the proportions.

Great cart!  I like the colors you used, especially the balance between the blue and the black.

To be honest looks like something out of a Legoland catalog from back in the day!!! Amazing build! That bug to suddenly build is contagious!

On 6/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, mrcp6d said:

This is a really nice wagon!  I think the only bit of this MOC that leans towards "comedic" as you noted is the height of the bench for the driver.  If it was attached to the wagon 2 studs lower I think that would help a lot with the proportions.

I can't unsee it now... I put him up there to use those curved slopes to tie in the whole thing, what with the sides and all and thought it would be a more defensible position. Now all I see is my coachee clearing every low branch along the way with his face :laugh:. Gonna have to revisit this :wink:.

Dave