Sign in to follow this  
Thirdwigg

[MOC] Telehandler (Free Instructions)

I was reminded about two weeks ago, that I was supposed to finish the Ionos Sports Sedan last week. But what do I do when I am stuck on something? I design, build, create a studio file, make instructions for, and publish an entirely different MOC.

Either way, a little distraction is fine, especially when another MOC is the result. Right?

This MOC is the result of exploring Set 8283 a little too much for my Compact Loader; itself a result of wanting another vehicle to go with my Atmos Tractor. The influence of 8283 is apparent. 

51210306661_27d0e41c79_b.jpg

The MOC features:

• Four Wheel Steering
  • Boom Lift
  • Boom Extension
  • Fork Tilt
  • Cab Door

51211067669_d01f7543d2_b.jpg

51209592792_30ae84607c_b.jpg

The Thirdwigg farm has about everything you need except for a harvester. Hmmm.....

51209593662_d48e191215_b.jpg

My building in Studio is improving. But I am not sure my instruction making is. Either way, feel free to find free instructions for this, and so many other of my MOCs, at Rebrickable. The buffer exchange does not always seem to allow the direction I need to show inserting a part, so ideas about how to rotate that would be helpful. And I can't seem to figure out how to add, for instance the below two parts, as one subbuild and then demonstrate insertion. I'll keep working at it. But as always, questions, comments, critiques, and laments are welcome.

51211096529_028551f146_b.jpg

Now I am going to get distracted by a TC20 build....

Another cool little build, the shapes of the cabin are really well made.

Just out of curiosity - why didn't you go for gear rack piece when designing the boom extension mechanism?

As for free instructions - do your builds get built by a lot of people actually? I've got some free instructions, but barely anyone does that. It feels like it either has to be a B-model or you need a premium instructions promoted on a designer plan for people to start building your stuff.

This is bloody awesome! Looks just like a JCB 531. Top marks, might build it in yellow. :thumbup:

Very nice MOC! The new wheels look really good. I like it almost as much as 42061. The boom extension mechanism you used is really innovative too. Does it extend as far as a rack and pinion would?

Purely simplistic and so well executed :-)

What a great little Telehandler!

Thanks everyone, and I'm glad you like it.

9 hours ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Very nice MOC! The new wheels look really good. I like it almost as much as 42061. The boom extension mechanism you used is really innovative too. Does it extend as far as a rack and pinion would?

On 5/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, SaperPL said:

Another cool little build, the shapes of the cabin are really well made.

Just out of curiosity - why didn't you go for gear rack piece when designing the boom extension mechanism?

As for free instructions - do your builds get built by a lot of people actually? I've got some free instructions, but barely anyone does that. It feels like it either has to be a B-model or you need a premium instructions promoted on a designer plan for people to start building your stuff.

The boom extends about 9 studs, which is all I can get from a 13 gear rack, and a little shorter then the Arocs rack would get. This design also allows for a shorter stack height, so the boom doesn't look so fat. Visually, this was the main attempt

I have no idea how my builds compare to other builds on rebrickable. About 50 people a day download my instructions, but it seems like many fewer than that are actually building them. I don't know if this is about normal or not, but it's enough to keep me posting what I have.

I make instructions so I can build what I designed again. It's a way for me to retain the design that I spent so much time putting together. If there are others who want to build what I made as well, feel free.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Maaboo35 said:

This is bloody awesome! Looks just like a JCB 531. Top marks, might build it in yellow. :thumbup:

I didn't even think of Yellow! Post a picture, I would love to see how it turns out.

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

Purely simplistic and so well executed :-)

What a great little Telehandler!

Thanks again. I'm glad you like it. It's these simple kind of builds I love the best.