LM71Blackbird

[COR - CHIV - CAT C] Westface Market

It was a busy day at the Westface Market. Lots of minifigs shopping and walking about.

51205706223_8d2039905e_b.jpgMarket 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the every industrious Corrington in town, business was booming for lots of the local shop keepers and merchants.

51205706128_e6299b55cd_b.jpgMarket 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Although some chaos is bound to take place in such a crowded area!

51204783627_2cc221237f_b.jpgMarket 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Normally its a challelenge enough to not get your toes stepped on, its another to escape stampeding pigs!

Overlooking the market is an inn that is being rented out by the ETTC, and the watchful ETTC Sepoys and Royal Marines keep the peace when its busy.

51206565915_0e6cff83bc_b.jpgMarket 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Inside, new ETTC member Major Sir Nathaniel Brickford goes over some plans with a local architect for new infrastructure in Westface on behalf of the ETTC.

51206565760_7d7ec0f694_b.jpgMarket 8 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

51205705838_af561abc9c_b.jpgMarket 7 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

-------------------------------------------

My entry for Category C in support of the Merchants. To be licensed by the ETTC as a commerce. C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking! 

Very nicely built and great photos. I like the tavern with the battlements and the many market stalls. It gives the impression that it is a big place with a lot of people.

Really nice build, mate! :thumbup:  The minifigure activity is awesome, and there are some great details here, like that flag awning and the use of the jib sail.  I spy some fantastic custom torsos too - Sir Brickford's and the fish seller's are really sweet! :pir-classic:  Are they stickered, or did you get them printed somewhere (if they're stickers they look incredibly good!)? 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, NOD said:

Very nicely built and great photos. I like the tavern with the battlements and the many market stalls. It gives the impression that it is a big place with a lot of people.

Thank you! Mission accomplished on scale!

On 5/29/2021 at 9:38 AM, Brickwolf said:

Great build, good to see more properties for the ETTC!

Thanks! 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:59 AM, Garmadon said:

Really nice build, mate! :thumbup:  The minifigure activity is awesome, and there are some great details here, like that flag awning and the use of the jib sail.  I spy some fantastic custom torsos too - Sir Brickford's and the fish seller's are really sweet! :pir-classic:  Are they stickered, or did you get them printed somewhere (if they're stickers they look incredibly good!)? 

Thank you! It took a while to get all the minifigs positioned like I wanted. Yes, those are some custom stickered torso. It's easier than trying to hunt down one on bricklink sometimes!

Nice bustling market! The statue is really imposing and it's always the more minifigs, the better!!! Oh, and ofc we are with the merchants! :pir_laugh2:

18 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice bustling market! The statue is really imposing and it's always the more minifigs, the better!!! Oh, and ofc we are with the merchants! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks! The more the merrier! 

The additions of the minifigs really brought this scene to life compared to the WIP shots! The white and bley mixture on the tower also look very nice together. Any chance of an overall shot of the whole scene? I'll submit the paperwork to license for the glory of the ETTC!

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

The additions of the minifigs really brought this scene to life compared to the WIP shots! The white and bley mixture on the tower also look very nice together. Any chance of an overall shot of the whole scene? I'll submit the paperwork to license for the glory of the ETTC!

Thank you! Unfortunately I didn't take any overall shots before my nephew got ahold of it... The ensuing "war" destroyed most of it! Lol!

Thanks for handling the licensing! 

Having just seen Evan's excellent use of blank space and open fields, this represents how the opposite can be equally impressive! I really like the business of the scene, so very fitting for a thriving market. The loose pigs bring a nice touch of chaos to the scene!

As Bregir mentioned, I love seeing the busyness of the scene. Glad to see the yellow Terraversan troops reappear!