marvelBoy123

[O19 - Svivren - TT] The Long Arm of The Law (kinda brickheadz)

*Your entry has earned 6 xp*

Karius Triumvirate Inquisition Files:

1280x874.jpeg

I had received word from our scouting groups not the planet Svivren that they had located a S'kytri on their mission. It appeared as if one of the winged pests had escaped our attack on the planet and our sources suggested that this may have been the informant that had told galactic news of our assault on Skye. Nothing had been taken seriously but it is important to clear up any loose ends. I despatched Agent Farantros, a capable operator for a mission such as this, who will retrieve the prisoner and begin interrogations. Once we have gathered the intel we need I suggest wing clipping and a sentence of ten years hard labour for this particularly pest. Let this be a lesson to those will oppose the Triumvirate. 

800x837.jpeg

800x669.jpeg

Spoiler

Been working on these kinda brickheadz for a while now. They aren't exactly brickheadz dimensions but both species are relatively tall and I wanted to capture the details of the accompanying minifigures. I think brickheadz are a bit hit and miss as a theme but they are definitely more complex to put together than I expected. I think it could be fun to work on some more builds at a larger scale in future. As ever feedback is appreciated.

Edited by goatman461

Woah, this is kind of...mean-spirited. the build is great, but I don't love the idea of taking someone else's main character and depicting them enslaved in chains. And sure sure, it's only suggested to be them, but it's them, obviously. That was the idea behind the build.

Not sure I can get behind this. If we don't depict other people's Factions explicitly, seems like the same would be true for player characters.

It isn't supposed to be anybody's character @RocketBoy. I had originally built a starting version when skye seemed under threat and so a s'kytri seemed an obvious choice. I can understand that people might not be thrilled but that wasn't the intended message and i don't feel i have violated the spirit of the game. If you look at the S'kytri character, the hair style, wing colour and torso colour are all different and the story actively suggests that this is a different character. Other people have depicted Devaronians wearing black in their builds and regardless of story I wouldn't assume that to be Farantros unless the style, colour and design of the armour/clothing was very similar. If this is a problem then a lot of characters would become a problem - there shouldn't be an embargo on depicting species of other people's characters. This is just me trying to clear up the fallout of certain events and of course, TT being the bad guys. I'm happy to discuss it further but I would read anything into it - it definitely isn't intended in that way...

On 5/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, Bucketheadbricks said:

Love the brick head designs!! Really awesome figures as well.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Edited by marvelBoy123

Love the brick-head take on your character! I too thought you meant the Skye native to represent someone specific. But having your explanation clears it up.

On 5/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

It isn't supposed to be anybody's character @RocketBoy. I had originally built a starting version when skye seemed under threat and so a s'kytri seemed an obvious choice. I can understand that people might not be thrilled but that wasn't the intended message and i don't feel i have violated the spirit of the game. If you look at the S'kytri character, the hair style, wing colour and torso colour are all different and the story actively suggests that this is a different character. Other people have depicted Devaronians wearing black in their builds and regardless of story I wouldn't assume that to be Farantros unless the style, colour and design of the armour/clothing was very similar. If this is a problem then a lot of characters would become a problem - there shouldn't be an embargo on depicting species of other people's characters. This is just me trying to clear up the fallout of certain events and of course, TT being the bad guys. I'm happy to discuss it further but I would read anything into it - it definitely isn't intended in that way...

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Totally fair! Thanks for the measured reply.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, MKJoshA said:

Love the brick-head take on your character! I too thought you meant the Skye native to represent someone specific. But having your explanation clears it up.

Thanks!

On 6/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, RocketBoy said:

Totally fair! Thanks for the measured reply.

No problem - I probably wasn't clear enough in the main post itself, especially given the tensions surrounding Skye.