Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - ChIVC] The Crimson Mill, Westface

As tensions slowly have calmed down after the abortive attack on Tarlor and signing of the treaty of Pamu, Colonel Dirk Allcock has found himself busy in Westface liaising with L'Olius on the creation of the Commonwealth of Terraversa. Popular opinion in Westface is somewhat united in a desire to break free of the shadow of King's Port and surmount that city as the premier trading port on Terraversa. Opinions on how to do this are far less united with many advocating for an increase in production of the staples produced in Eastern Terraversa, while others call for a massive increase in commercial facilities. Allcock believes both sides have merits and that ultimately Westface will need to develop both if it is to compete with King's Port. For now however, he believes that production must come before commerce. Here he sees an opportunity to both help Corrington's new Ally and expand the East Terran Trade Company's activities on Terraversa. Using his discretionary funds, he has purchased a water mill located astride a dam on the outskirts of Westface.

51207541221_144de1fd7b_b.jpg

After some refurbishment, the mill is operational, processing mostly sugar cane on the ground and first level, while the upper floors are being used to temporarily direct the companies activities in Westface while a suitable office location is found. A manager has been found to run the mills operations and she watches the road for a delivery of raw cane from the nearby great plantations.

51208615155_2756ee96d6_c.jpg

Sir Dirk and fellow ETTC shareholder (and current chairman!) Sir Isaac Montoya discuss business opportunities for the ETTC on Terraversa on one of the upper balconies.

51206835647_2642bfe73c_c.jpg

and an ubiquitous ETTC Sepoy patrols the dam wall.

51208312559_eff41312b4_c.jpg

My entry for Cat C supporting the agrarians in Westface. I wanted to continue what I'm dubbing my 'vertical' builds (small footprint but five stories high with overhang). Will be handed over to the ETTC for licensing as a factory.

Another imposing building on a small area. I really like the combination of stone and wood.

Super cool build! Looks great - I really love the water wheel mechanism and the red masonry looks awesome.

Been a while since one of your builds had no land/vegetation in the foreground - having the border hug the base is a cool idea.

What is the 1x2 brick color interspersed with the lt bley in the 2nd story walls? Is it a tan or old colored white bricks? Some other grey?

I see Allcock is retaining his fancier uniform. Are he and Montoya discussing the upcoming ETTC meeting (that was going to happen 2 weeks from a month ago :pir-grin:)?

Edited by evancelt

Really nice one...

another :thumbup:

So you master the full foot buildings, now you master the multi-storey buildings... no we want a big one with large foot imprint and many floors (with overhang of course)...

Another great towering house, love the dark red and red combo and the bits of trees sticking out is really a nice touch that hints at so much landscaping that isn't actually there.  Olive and light blue is also a really neat combination for the flowers!

On 5/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Really nice one...

another :thumbup:

So you master the full foot buildings, now you master the multi-storey buildings... no we want a big one with large foot imprint and many floors (with overhang of course)...

Couldn't express myself better! :pir-laugh:

The scale of this is great. But why is there no railing there?:pir-laugh:

On 5/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, evancelt said:

Are he and Montoya discussing the upcoming ETTC meeting (that was going to happen 2 weeks from a month ago :pir-grin:)?

What stuff! All will come in its own time! :pir-grin:

I was thinking about this just the other day, but challenge builds are taking precedence. Perhaps we could work it into our ETTC collab? (for tthe building part) 

And I might just call the IC meeting in the ETTC topic for IC discussions.

On the build,  this is a lovely example of what elevation can do to a build. You have the varying materials as the eye moves up, nice irregularities and details, and a wonderful depth to a otherwise small footprint build.

And having just struggled with a waterwheel recently, I'd love to see a few more details on how you made yours.

As always, Montoya is happy to meet up with Allcock. In reality, I am sure they are discussing some absurd Terraversan petrel or herb rather than something actually useful! :pir-tongue:

This is the style which I like. I note the use of old grey bricks and it's a good idea for an old wall.