Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Ship Level] A New Globe for the Study

The tides of the war in Terraversa had taken their toll on the Admiral's old, weather-beaten, and war-torn body. To recuperate, he had retreated to his estate in Eltina and had been running his ever growing economic empire from his study in the West Wing of the large brick home. 

BeauchampResidence_Study_3

He kept busy, but work had stabilized since the peace treaty. Today was an exciting day though. After a deafening silence from TV, a crate arrived from Nola Mar. "COLONEL Edward Beauchamp!? a Knight!?" the Admiral had to sit down as his head spun with the excitement. Edward had achieved the recognition that his family had long sought and never achieved, a title in the peerage system of Oleon! How wonderful!

BeauchampResidence_Study_5

But, as important as this news was, it did not require a crate... under some straw packing material, the Admiral revealed an enormous silver mounted globe. The details were exquisite, the craftsmanship outstanding. 

BeauchampResidence_Study

The letter continued, "I bought this from an outstanding craftsman in Nola Mar. The central location of TV has given their cartographers access to the most up to date charts from across the Brick Seas. Hopefully, you can use this to track the comings and goings of your ever increasing merchant fleet as they carry your latest gambits far and wide!"

BeauchampResidence_Study_6

Note: First crack at filling in the hollow shell of the Beauchamp Residence. Please consider a ship number increase build as now the Admiral has an up to date and finely crafted globe to better track his fleet. Probably licensable as a small residence, but likely will not unless I get behind.    

BeauchampResidence_Study_4

Nice walls and interior. A good idea how you built the fringes on the carpet.

As NOD said, that carpet is great. The whole room looks great.

Really cool interior. The furniture is well done throughout. I am a bit torn on the clipping you seem to have used on the globe. It creates a nice result, but since it can't be recreated in real bricks, I am a bit sceptical. Very creative nonetheless and good build (and story) for increasing shiplevels!

On 6/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, Bregir said:

I am a bit torn on the clipping you seem to have used on the globe

It is a clear violation of the laws of physics and the laws of the movie timecop. There is a really nice light brown globe made out of those two spheres from at least 1 pirates of the carribrean set but I couldn't find it in studio, just the spheres, not the printed globe on them. So yes, the whole scene is centered on an impossible design, but by putting those little green pieces in/against the blue sphere, it created a land mass effect better than just having the globe being just blue. Please don't judge me too harshly for it, it is a pseudo replacement for bricks that actually do exist. A moment where it would have been easier to do with real bricks.

13 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Please don't judge me too harshly for it

*judges you SUPER HARSHLY* :pir-grin:

No worries - your explanation is perfectly reasonable, and as I said it does create a nice effect - it is a creative solution.