Hello all.

I've just recently completed a new bank as its been over a decade since my last one https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/5873042040/in/dateposted-public/ - hopefully it shows I've improved - at least in my photography skills! :laugh:

Its still of an art-deco style like the former but with some more geometric touches and a sharper finish. It was inspired by the Bank of Ireland building in Belfast which was built in the late 1920s and still stands today;

2015-10-15_new_13731401_I1.JPG

I've also included an interior for the ground floor which is not based on any bank interior in particular as the material from that time is very hard to come by for a smaller bank. There is an elevator, patterned floor, teller booths and a relief on the wall to capture the period.

51206192570_dab86f75be_c.jpg

51204409897_1ce7723597_z.jpg

51205331738_bbd2f79d99_c.jpg

51205331623_0f8e25caa8_c.jpg

As usual you can find them on my flickr stream here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Regards!

I love how you put so many details in places I would never even consider with techniques I never think of!

Always impressive. The color scheme works well. I love the green accents. The shaping and size is apparant. The clock works really well. The interior is clever (and that sign:wub:). Another knock out. Good job.

Impressive design. The exterior feels a bit dull compared to the interior. At least grey color feels cold, and for some reason I associate art deco with warm colors, like gold, yellow or red.

Despite the color choice, the exterior is very interesting and the various patterns creat a deco feel. The interior is more rich in color and captures art deco perfectly. 

On 5/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Simply perfect ...as usual! :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool:

On 5/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, noahtheb said:

I love how you put so many details in places I would never even consider with techniques I never think of!

On 5/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, Stephle59 said:

Great design and great build, love this !

Thank you very much!

On 5/27/2021 at 10:40 PM, TheLegoDr said:

Always impressive. The color scheme works well. I love the green accents. The shaping and size is apparant. The clock works really well. The interior is clever (and that sign:wub:). Another knock out. Good job.

Cheers! The interior was one of the hardest things to do as there are very few pictures I could find of a bank from this era on a smaller scale.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:25 PM, admiral_typhoon said:

Only one word to describe this build - Imposing!

Sure is! I wanted to do something a little 'darker' as most of my builds recently have been quite bright and happy by comparison. Suppose banks tend to be quite formal and lack flair!

On 5/28/2021 at 6:06 AM, Redhead1982 said:

Impressive design. The exterior feels a bit dull compared to the interior. At least grey color feels cold, and for some reason I associate art deco with warm colors, like gold, yellow or red.

Despite the color choice, the exterior is very interesting and the various patterns creat a deco feel. The interior is more rich in color and captures art deco perfectly. 

Yeah grey can be overwhelming but I've tried to mix it up with some colour here and there where appropriate. I find buildings from this era tend to mostly one colour on the stonework, I've used white and tan quite a lot recently so figured grey deserved its time. The examples from round where I live tend to be grey now as the whiter limestone on the facade has turned a dirty grey with age! :laugh:

I'm glad you like the interior, I deliberately picked a brighter scheme for a contrast!

just WOW! :pir-love:

in my opinion the grey works very well - gives your bank this reserved, clinical touch. just like a bank... :wink:

thx for sharing.

Superb work on this art-deco masterpiece. The exterior is a good rendition of the real building and the interior is wonderful. The LEGO sign is a great touch.