Sign in to follow this  
adde51

CDC1 Tower: Burj Thl'ath

Awesome to have another challenge to build for! So when the task called for a tower I had quite a few ideas. I fairly quickly came to the conclusion that I didnt want to go with a watchtower, but rather a tower placed in a more city-like setting. So I present to you Burj Thl'ath, the financial center of Mophet. As you may notice there are a few more towers peeking up in the background but I just had to much fun, so I couldn't really quit after just one tower...:grin: 

51205332938_b7232b157b_c.jpg

Thanks a lot for having a look :sweet:. Still damn happy to be part of the sand pit!

Always love looking at your builds.  The contrast between the main tower with the grey accents and lion head bricks is really nice.  What color are the plates on that main tower by the way?  The different designs in all 3 towers is great.  The arches in the walls are a nice touch.  The colors used on the ground really compliment each other and the design looks fantastic.   The palm trees look good with the barrels as trunks.  The birds, animals, and plants throughout the build make it come alive.  Great build.  

Excellent.  Nice variety of styles with the towers, and that pop of color really works!  The detail on the wall is well done, too; not distracting, but lots to like when you look at it and adds to the overall aesthetic in a subtle but important way.  Great trees!

I love the way the coral looks!  That color has just moved up a couple notches in the list of exotic colors I want to try next. :grin:  The tan buildings in the foreground tone it down nicely too.

Why build a tower when you can build three? :laugh:

Very nice build overall and great color use!

I agree with previous comments, I just want to add that it makes me imagine the rest of it.
Excellent atmosphere.

Aaaah, the streets of Mophet...
Such a beautiful and tranquil place.
It's amazing how the architects never miss a spot to add phenomenal complementary details - the floor pattern, the perfectly aligned vegetation, the golden details shining with the setting sun, the tainted glass, and how each single tower looks unique the yellow horizon's contour.
And way to go on the unexpected color use!
Another signature Adde51. Another outstanding build. 
Skol!

Amazing! So many lovely technique here, such as the floor tiling and that coral tower in the back! My favorite part might be those (very realistic) palm trees - how did you build their tops? 

The use of the coral plates to make the centre tower is inspired and it looks simply amazing! All over a great colour palette - an amazing entry - well done!

Pretty!  That salmon really works here.  The palm trees are great with their layered color, and the dark brown barrels look good too.  I like the incorporation of the Ahsoka Tano headdress!

On 5/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, caiman0637 said:

Very nice!

Thanks! 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:20 AM, zoth33 said:

Always love looking at your builds.  The contrast between the main tower with the grey accents and lion head bricks is really nice.  What color are the plates on that main tower by the way?  The different designs in all 3 towers is great.  The arches in the walls are a nice touch.  The colors used on the ground really compliment each other and the design looks fantastic.   The palm trees look good with the barrels as trunks.  The birds, animals, and plants throughout the build make it come alive.  Great build.  

Thank you very much! I went through almost my entire stash of 1x4 coral plates with the big tower...:laugh:

On 5/27/2021 at 12:26 AM, deraven said:

Excellent.  Nice variety of styles with the towers, and that pop of color really works!  The detail on the wall is well done, too; not distracting, but lots to like when you look at it and adds to the overall aesthetic in a subtle but important way.  Great trees!

Appreciate it, thank you! 

On 5/27/2021 at 7:43 AM, Kai NRG said:

I love the way the coral looks!  That color has just moved up a couple notches in the list of exotic colors I want to try next. :grin:  The tan buildings in the foreground tone it down nicely too.

Haha, thanks! Took a looot of coral plates...

On 5/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, Gideon said:

Why build a tower when you can build three? :laugh:

Very nice build overall and great color use!

Right?! Haha! Thanks dude. 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, Merlo said:

Feels like a real place!

Glad to hear, thanks! 

On 5/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, Niku said:

I agree with previous comments, I just want to add that it makes me imagine the rest of it.
Excellent atmosphere.

Thank you very much! 

On 5/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Aaaah, the streets of Mophet...
Such a beautiful and tranquil place.
It's amazing how the architects never miss a spot to add phenomenal complementary details - the floor pattern, the perfectly aligned vegetation, the golden details shining with the setting sun, the tainted glass, and how each single tower looks unique the yellow horizon's contour.
And way to go on the unexpected color use!
Another signature Adde51. Another outstanding build. 
Skol!

Thank you very much man, really appreciate it. Always fun to add new sections to Mophet, glad you liked it! 

On 5/27/2021 at 8:08 PM, socalbricks said:

Amazing! So many lovely technique here, such as the floor tiling and that coral tower in the back! My favorite part might be those (very realistic) palm trees - how did you build their tops? 

Thanks! The top of the palmtrees are made using @Full Plate old tutorial with a travisbrick and lifevests (?) to hold the leaves. 

On 5/28/2021 at 6:14 AM, Ayrlego said:

The use of the coral plates to make the centre tower is inspired and it looks simply amazing! All over a great colour palette - an amazing entry - well done!

Glad you liked it man, thanks! 

On 5/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, Grover said:

Pretty!  That salmon really works here.  The palm trees are great with their layered color, and the dark brown barrels look good too.  I like the incorporation of the Ahsoka Tano headdress!

Cheers! Figured Ashoka fits fairly well in Kali, nice catch :wink:  

There's some great architectural work in this MOC and some clever parts usage adde51!  Those grey armor pieces near the top of the coral tower in particular are both unexpected and perfect.

12 hours ago, adde51 said:

Thanks! The top of the palmtrees are made using @Full Plate old tutorial with a travisbrick and lifevests (?) to hold the leaves. 

Just checked it out - thanks for the tip!

As I said on flickr, terrific shapes in the architecture.  You've really brought Mophet to life in my mind with all of your terrific builds.  The tilework here is excellent and works well with the statues and candle platforms around the square.  The trees are a terrific addition to the MOC.

While I like how the coral building stands out and nicely 'divides' the other two towers, it is too bright for my taste.  Overall another wonderful MOC!

Really pulls off the idea of urban planning in a medieval city. Those trees are excellent and it's a bold choice to put them in the foreground.