msk6003

[TC20] 10262 James Bond™ Aston Martin DB5

81fdkbkax0l._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Even this model's looks is little different with real car but I like it's lot of function. And it will be great in technic too!

Planed function

Bulitproof shield up/down with one of exhaust pipe

Hidden machine gun revel with gear stick

Secret sawblade which extend from rear wheel with one of exhaust pipe

Ejction seat

Straight 6 engine with differential with RWD

Steering front wheel

Most complecated function is secret sawblade in rear wheel. It need to extend to outside when wheel is still spinning.

I decided to make a new wheel because it was impossible to make an axis that can rotate and slide while maintaining a size 49.5 with the existing Lego wheel.

astun1.png

Original lego wheel VS my custom wheel with 49.5 tire

I use mini turntable part. It has 28t gear on it's side for rotating wheel while sliding axle using center hole.

astun1_2.pngastun1_3.png

Use two turntable part per wheel. But outside of wheel is only use upper part of turntable while inside part of wheel use complete assembly.

Edited by msk6003

Wow, I like the idea to add the sawblade mechanism... to be honest, in the beginning, I couldn't believe that the wheel works properly... so I had to build it by myself and I am very impressed by the result. :thumbup:

Looks interesting!

The small scale could be a real challenge, though, but I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with!

Oh, that's a lot of functions, great model choice! 

Looking forward to those sawblades in action!

Edited by syclone
lack of attention

Current progress

I add trigger on rear bumper like original model and add 2 exhaust pipe for active function.

Whole model will be half~one stud bigger than original. Nearly 1:1 scale.

Edited by msk6003

now THIS is cool.

Edited by SNIPE

Are you thinking it is too small to model?

I may be misunderstanding you, but I'd love to see this model completed, even if the interior had to be sacrificed.

I think this is easily my favorite of the System sets being entered in the contest thanks to the unusual functions and 1:1 scale!

7 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Are you thinking it is too small to model?

I may be misunderstanding you, but I'd love to see this model completed, even if the interior had to be sacrificed.

I think this is easily my favorite of the System sets being entered in the contest thanks to the unusual functions and 1:1 scale!

No. I mean this model is tighter than I think. According to original model, I need to put both chair on differential and gear stick for machine gun need to locate on stop point of 4L axle with middle stop which connected to 20t gear and universal joint. Maybe I will remove differential and replace to just double 12t gear for get some space.

I need to reworking fender (those small fender's top is 1 stud lower than original model.) and I'm thinking about to add front machine gun and front bumper now. 

Edited by msk6003

Progress 3

f9f03250-3835-42a2-81bb-b11c151f2d42.jpe

Finish Ejction seat and stright 6 engine, and steering.

Differintial is removed for get some space for ejction seat and engine only work with right rear wheel.

Now I need to thinking to make front machine gun. I think use original model's grill and gun set.

7 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Nice!

I hope you're planning on getting rid of the magenta, though!

I use it because I don't have enough color. I will order DBG biscuit and lot of metallic silver.

Edited by msk6003

1 minute ago, msk6003 said:

I use it because I don't have enough color. I will order DBG biscuit and lot of metallic silver.

Yeah, that's about what I expected. I've got some temporary colors in my entry at this point too.

Keep up the good work!

CAD progress 2

102622.png

Need to thinking to place front machine gun function. I have only 2x5 space.

And those fender's height is ambiguous. If I put one stud lower, it cover wheel well but don't match with original model's side height.

If I put fender like image, it can match with original model's side height but has to big gap between wheel.

And if I use 3x11 curved panel insted fender part, it touch wheels and make wheel doesn't rolling well.

About front bumper, maybe I will rip off entire steering system and replace to virtual pivot steering. But I don't think it's possible.

Edited by msk6003

Progress 4

I finish all function.

Now need to make bodywork and need to think modifited front machine gun.(If I put original model's gun, it touch front wheel.)

Great model! I’ve watched that shooting mechanism over and over and still don’t fully understand how it works...

19 minutes ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Great model! I’ve watched that shooting mechanism over and over and still don’t fully understand how it works...

Those shooting mechanism and front machine gun mechanism make my brain hurt... I spent nealy 20 days for that.

20 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Those shooting mechanism and front machine gun mechanism make my brain hurt... I spent nealy 20 days for that.

I can imagine...

CAD progress 3

102623.png

This thing keep trying to blow up my brain.

Anyone has idea for fender?

The part that the original model uses at the front of the bonnet, the 2x2 slope (the one you use too) is maybe a better alternative if you put it on the 1x6 technic brick, because if I’m honest, this version is ugly.

I couldn't do better, but I must say this isn't a technic body. This is stacked liftarms and system slopes poorly replicating a brick built body.