Jim

[TC20] Technic Studless Recreation Contest - Information Topic

On 7/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, msk6003 said:

@JimCan you please extend deadline 1~2 week? 8/9 or 8/16. I asked the people who bought it from the same seller, and thay said it usually takes about three weeks.

You know I usually don't have a problem with extending the deadline. However, I am not a big fan of extending because someone is waiting for parts without the certainty of even getting the parts in time. That being said, I am willing to extend the deadline to the 9th of August. This might give you the possibility to contact the seller and make sure the parts get there before the 9th. Or maybe get them elsewhere.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, Jundis said:

Would also be great for my built, 1 week more and I can finish the built :-)

I have extended the contest. The new deadline is the 9th of August.

10 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I'm against extending the deadline. There are people that decided on smaller builds to fit within deadline when it comes to ordering parts and building time. If I knew beforehand there were two more weeks for it, I'd build the second set and decide on which to submit for the entry.

Extending the deadline is something which is not uncommon for an EB Technic contest. This is to give some members a bit more time to finish their build. It's not to build an entire new model and choose the best. Obviously, people are responsible to plan ahead and we can't keep extending the deadline because of that, so I have decided to only extend by one week.

10 hours ago, SaperPL said:

I hope it gets enforced by the jury since for those who adhere by the rule it was harder to build from contemporary parts and also building remake with some crucial parts that were used in the original set like tires, rims, suspension pieces and some panels that were significant part of the original look, would be easier.

I can't speak for the public votes, but Milan and myself will surely take this into account.

I'm actually glad with the extension personally, I haven't had a lot of build time lately. So with this extra week I might get to hand in something that looks sort-of finished. It would be a shame if I'd miss the deadline again (as I had for the small-scale cars competition).

8 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'm actually glad with the extension personally, I haven't had a lot of build time lately. So with this extra week I might get to hand in something that looks sort-of finished. It would be a shame if I'd miss the deadline again (as I had for the small-scale cars competition).

Great. I hope you will be able to enter.

To all...

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE 9TH OF AUGUST.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

You know I usually don't have a problem with extending the deadline. However, I am not a big fan of extending because someone is waiting for parts without the certainty of even getting the parts in time. That being said, I am willing to extend the deadline to the 9th of August. This might give you the possibility to contact the seller and make sure the parts get there before the 9th. Or maybe get them elsewhere.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, Jundis said:

VVVVVery thanks! Some seller in my country starting sell some part what I needed. It will not perfect but I will order.

Edited by msk6003

53 minutes ago, Jim said:

Great. I hope you will be able to enter.

To all...

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE 9TH OF AUGUST.

Thank you @Jim

I hope I can finalized my build with a better look close to the original.

16 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

VVVVVery thanks! Some seller in my country starting sell some part what I needed. It will not perfect but I will order.

Cool :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Jim said:

I have extended the contest. The new deadline is the 9th of August

Thank you! Had a bunch of last minute doctor appointments come up. I was sweating bullets.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, Jim said:

DISCUSSION TOPIC

• A discussion topic starting with [TC20].
  • A discussion topic needs to show some actual progress (i.e. pictures of the build in progress) and should NOT be used to "reserve an idea".

So I just saw this contest 3 dayes ago, but I think is a very cool topic to do and I knew exactly what I wanted to build. I read the specific an general rules, and wanted to wait with the entry rules till I was done. I really just wanted to start building.

Now I am unsure if I need to make two topics one with the [TC20] and aditional showing the build process or should the build log just be within the [TC20] topic? I have not been able to find anything about this in the topic.

Also I was surprices to se the deadline was move :-) Maybe update the main post?

Edited by Kio Liex

1 hour ago, Kio Liex said:

Now I am unsure if I need to make two topics one with the [TC20] and aditional showing the build process or should the build log just be within the [TC20] topic? I have not been able to find anything about this in the topic.

You make your topic with build log and you link to it in a single comment in the TC20 entries topic and that comment needs to adhere to the specific rules.

24 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

You make your topic with build log and you link to it in a single comment in the TC20 entries topic and that comment needs to adhere to the specific rules.

Thanks, I get it now.

So many great entries! It's insane. You guys (and gals, if any) keep amazing me with these contest entries!

16 hours ago, Jim said:

So many great entries! It's insane. You guys (and gals, if any) keep amazing me with these contest entries!

Yeah. It will be really hard to pick what to vote on. By the way - how the votes will work? Will I have to pick one best in my opinion or will I be able to vote for all entries which I like? (it's my first contest)

15 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Yeah. It will be really hard to pick what to vote on. By the way - how the votes will work? Will I have to pick one best in my opinion or will I be able to vote for all entries which I like? (it's my first contest)

You can check out the instructions for [TC19]. Here's the link.

You can vote for six entries with old style formula one scoring, so 10, 6, 4, 3, 2,1 points. Usually the winner wins the contest, but in this case we have two-stage voting. So the top 10 will proceed to jury (me and Milan) voting. We will ultimately decide who wins the contest (and silver and bronze).

Have to agree with you @Jim a lot of great entries. Going to be difficult to select my top 6. It’s also opened my eyes to what would have been my ‘dark ages’ of when I gave up Lego and found a ZX Spectrum as a kid. I then didn’t exit my dark ages until 2006, it was a long dark ages!

31 minutes ago, Seasider said:

It’s also opened my eyes to what would have been my ‘dark ages’ of when I gave up Lego and found a ZX Spectrum as a kid. I then didn’t exit my dark ages until 2006, it was a long dark ages!

Commodore 64 and 2005 for me :laugh:

This is going to be one of the great TC competitions. 44 entries at the moment and some great variation of old Technic and System. Going to be tough choosing just 6 entries. Might have to create a spreadsheet for my scoring 🤣

48 minutes ago, Seasider said:

This is going to be one of the great TC competitions. 44 entries at the moment and some great variation of old Technic and System. Going to be tough choosing just 6 entries. Might have to create a spreadsheet for my scoring 🤣

Yeah. I'll probably need some kind of spreadsheet to figure out which one I like the most xD

I will lock the entry topic shortly.

42 minutes ago, Jim said:

I will lock the entry topic shortly.

Will this prevent people from editing their posts in the topic? If so, can you consider fixing @khchai 's submission post - he might not make it if locking means no editing.

13 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Will this prevent people from editing their posts in the topic? If so, can you consider fixing @khchai 's submission post - he might not make it if locking means no editing.

I already sent him a PM to fix his topic.

But locked is locked. Making a proper entry post is part of the contest.

I fixed the topic for him.

I do find it rather odd that his discussion topic doesn't show any progress at all. Just the final model. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

Let me know if I made any mistakes.

I will be a bit picky here - whenever I see some kind of poll where you have twenty-something options, I think the list in the poll topic should have hyperlinks to those topics (not the embedds, I know the forum engines hate that). Just for the laziness of users :)

13 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

I will be a bit picky here - whenever I see some kind of poll where you have twenty-something options, I think the list in the poll topic should have hyperlinks to those topics (not the embedds, I know the forum engines hate that). Just for the laziness of users :)

There is a single hyperlink for your convenience. You can click it and you will see all the entries :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Glaysche said:

When does voting close?

In about one week. There's no fixed date, but we will leave it open for at least a full week.