Jim

[TC20] Technic Studless Recreation Contest - Information Topic

22 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Also, you can make digital MOCs with a thousand buggy motors and we'd end up with the Technic equivalent of SW EP9 where everyone think's they're JJ Abrams :cannon:

This is not Minecraft, building with real parts is what LEGO is all about :pir-love:

This is a way better explanation than the one I gave. Well spoken :laugh:

Hi! Awesome contest!

"Mindstorms and LEGO Electronics are not permitted" - Is it true also for sets that really have a motor? For example 8868 has a motorized compressor for smooth pneumatics operation.

8 minutes ago, desert752 said:

"Mindstorms and LEGO Electronics are not permitted" - Is it true also for sets that really have a motor? For example 8868 has a motorized compressor for smooth pneumatics operation.

Unfortunately yes. No electronics whatsoever.

10 hours ago, Jim said:

Unfortunately yes. No electronics whatsoever.

Wait...

I'm thinking that if I neutralize all electrically charged particles (ions) in my model the ABS will disintegrate. Can I get a chemist's opinion on this? Besides, how am I supposed to selectively turn off the electroweak force, one of the three fundamental forces in the universe? And what about the potential uses such technology could have for weapons of mass destruction? I'm a bit worried about the implications of such a rule!

11 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I neutralize all electrically charged particles (ions) in my model the ABS will disintegrate.

It depends on which scale you look at. Because at a human scale, the overall charge of your ABS is neutral. Therefore, there is no need to neutralize it, as it's already neutral.
And tbh, I think that ABS isn't made of ions, as it's a derivate of organic products. I think it's mainly made of covalent bonds.

Sorry for of topic, this was my chemist rant :grin:

56 minutes ago, weavil said:

or has it been done before?

It doesn't matter, just build Your version.

Sorry if this was already asked, but are licensed original sets allowed for this contest, provided they were already a studded set, I understand regular classic system sets are, but I just wanted to check

7 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Sorry if this was already asked, but are licensed original sets allowed for this contest, provided they were already a studded set, I understand regular classic system sets are, but I just wanted to check

It shouldn't make a difference. Just to make sure, can you post what set exactly you had in mind?

13 hours ago, Milan said:

It shouldn't make a difference. Just to make sure, can you post what set exactly you had in mind?

I was thinking the 2003 Star Wars Republic Gunship, I figured out a technic mechanism and frame for a 'system-style' MOC I never completed, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to finish it in another way

12 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I was thinking the 2003 Star Wars Republic Gunship, I figured out a technic mechanism and frame for a 'system-style' MOC I never completed, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to finish it in another way

Yeah, any existing set is okay!
If you haven't posted your moc or its progress anywhere online before the contest, you are okay to enter with it.