Jim

[TC20] Technic Studless Recreation Contest - Information Topic

42 minutes ago, Jim said:

8852 (Transforming robot) is the one I was/am expecting to see

8852 Redux-5b

Now that you post it, I remember seeing those. Awesome!

I really like how many awesome models have been started so far. Great work, guys! :excited:

This is the first contest in a very long time that I think I'll enter, some really good models so far. One (possibly dumb) question: are the B (or C) models of a set okay to enter with? I've had an idea floating around for some time that I want to try building that will (hopefully) be perfect for this.

As I understood, entry should be one, but You can choose A or B

Quick question; does the original model have to be an official set or can it come from an official "Ideas Book' printed by Lego?

I have a question: I know that new members cannot vote, but can they enter the contest?

I talked about this contest to a friend of mine, but he is not registered to Eurobricks.

17 hours ago, Wiseman_2 said:

This is the first contest in a very long time that I think I'll enter, some really good models so far. One (possibly dumb) question: are the B (or C) models of a set okay to enter with? I've had an idea floating around for some time that I want to try building that will (hopefully) be perfect for this.

Yes, you can use a B model as the base for your entry model.

5 hours ago, leinaud said:

Quick question; does the original model have to be an official set or can it come from an official "Ideas Book' printed by Lego?

Let's stick with the "official" sets.

45 minutes ago, mpj said:

I have a question: I know that new members cannot vote, but can they enter the contest?

I talked about this contest to a friend of mine, but he is not registered to Eurobricks.

New members can enter the contest. (please see the rules under " GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS")
Only members who have 50 posts or more are eligible to vote.
Your friend is more than welcome to register and to participate. :thumbup:

On 5/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lipko said:

Another contest I will miss.
I hope someone will do the model below. I would if I joined.

8854-1_large-1.jpg

I have started working on this 8854. I own one.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:31 AM, leinaud said:

I was thinking about a studless version of that one from lego idea book 8889:

Six Wheeler

Maybe with working suspension and a V6. Well, maybe I will try without thinking about a contest.

Edited by fosamax

Gah just seen this and I have nothing to show :cry3: as I have been making other models and not a redux atm

And this can't be entered as I have posted it on the forums before.

640x360.jpg

I think I have an Idea which one I'll have a go at as it just needs to be stud-less not my normal make it with only the latest parts so that might make it a bit simpler as I can reuse some of the original parts that are stud-less.

As were not allowed CG entries needs to be one I have the colours for as I don't enough yellow to have a go at 8862.

but I'm super slow so i hope that 2 months will be enough time for me.

@Thirdwigg I did the B model, though likewise not admissible since it was posted before. And I may have taken too many liberties.

Can I put one of my photos in a digital building rendering when I write an entry post? I'm making my entry now but I don't have the original model. But I'd like to put in a picture compared with original model in the studio.

42 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Can I put one of my photos in a digital building rendering when I write an entry post? I'm making my entry now but I don't have the original model. But I'd like to put in a picture compared with original model in the studio.

Yes, you can do digital rendering of the original model. But only for the original model, not the contest entry.

I have been going through some of the topics and wow! This contest will results in some very nice entries!! Can't wait to see more.

20 hours ago, Jim said:

Yes, you can do digital rendering of the original model. But only for the original model, not the contest entry.

I mean like this.

10262.png

Upper model is original, under model is my entry.

image angle will be different but I want put like this.

Of course I will put real build too. I want rendering only in this.

Why is it that virtual builds aren't allowed?

I have long since moved out of the family home where the LEGO is kept, and would love to give this competition a try.

I have a few lego parts lying about but not enough to build anything cool for the contest.

Is there any particular reason why virtual building was banned from contests in the first place? As long as I don't specify any parts in colours that do not exist, it should be fine, right?

Cheers

I don't make the rules, so I don't really know the reasons for them, but a possibility is that it may not always be easy to determine whether a virtual build works in the real world. For example, it may require real-world testing to determine if a given setup of gears will mesh correctly or skip under load.

15 hours ago, EvilEnderman said:

Why is it that virtual builds aren't allowed?

Because building in real life is totally different than building digitally. It will be hard to compare a digital build with an actual build. Basically what @2GodBDGlory mentioned. You cannot know for certain that something will work in a real build.

And another reason is that we want to see real MOCs. If we would allow digital builds, there's a fair chance that the majority of the builds would be digital.

Totally agree @Jim the number of times I’ve built something in Stud.io and then realise it doesn’t join together properly and bends.

I know with the build I’m doing at the moment I’ll build this in real bricks soon just to check all my connections are good.

Edited by Seasider

On 6/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, msk6003 said:

I mean like this.

That's okay :thumbup:

Also, you can make digital MOCs with a thousand buggy motors and we'd end up with the Technic equivalent of SW EP9 where everyone think's they're JJ Abrams :cannon:

This is not Minecraft, building with real parts is what LEGO is all about :pir-love: