Jim

[TC20] Technic Studless Recreation Contest - Information Topic

1 hour ago, HorcikDesigns said:

@Jim, what do you mean by "beam stacking"? 

What I meant was that it's not necessary to fill every gap. But you are doing fine! Just remember that it should be built to modern day Technic standards.

Edit: I have edited my original comment.

800x450.JPG

40 minutes ago, Jim said:

it should be built to modern day Technic standards

More panels, frames

:)

56 minutes ago, Jim said:

What I meant was that it's not necessary to fill every gap. But you are doing fine! Just remember that it should be built to modern day Technic standards.

Edit: I have edited my original comment.

Ok, thanks, I see what you have in mind. :devil:

12 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Ok, thanks, I see what you have in mind. :devil:

:thumbup:

Went trough topics, almost none cares about scale, just build bigger and more functional :)

52 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Went trough topics, almost none cares about scale, just build bigger and more functional :)

I’m try hard to be as close as possible to the original. Not going to be 100% the same due to odd vs even studded / studless but it’ll be close

OP sometimes mentions the word "classic" but I can't find any rule defining what sets count as classic. How much do we need to read into the usage of this word?

1 minute ago, astyanax said:

OP sometimes mentions the word "classic" but I can't find any rule defining what sets count as classic. How much do we need to read into the usage of this word?

Valid question. Maybe classic isn't the right word. Studded is the right word. But the initial idea behind the contest was to recreate an iconic classic. We won't be very strict about it, although we do love to see classics.

16 hours ago, howitzer said:

Ok then, I hope I'm not judged too harshly for the scaling issues with my model selection :laugh: Still, the above discussion made me rethink my options and I came up with several ideas, but as the entries are limited to one per person, I guess will stick to the original.

Not that I have much hopes of winning anyway, looking at the other entries which have been posted so far. Doing this mostly for fun and building practice.

As for entries being limited to one per person, I'm quite sure that you're right that each person can only submit one model for judging, but my impression is that we could build a few different models and then choose one to enter in the end. Is this correct?

6 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

but my impression is that we could build a few different models and then choose one to enter in the end. Is this correct?

Should be. In previous contests I have also started something, then somehow diddn't liked, then started another.

But what about A and B models, if both are submitted as one entry?

59 minutes ago, Jurss said:

But what about A and B models, if both are submitted as one entry?

That sounds very interesting, but let’s stick to a single model.

There could be a side contest where a builder picks a model from this contest and makes a B/C/D model (doesn't have to be like the original studded B/C/D model), but one cannot choose ones own A model, must be someone elses MOC

You wouldn't need a full LDD/digital model, just a parts list :wink:

That is a perfect example of an entry that would make a fair chance of ending on the podium.

@fosamax I haven’t looked to see if anyone has already done the model I’m doing. I’m sure there are many ways for each of us to do our own interpretation of a classic model even if one exists already

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

Now THAT is a good example of what this contest is about for me.

Exactly!

While I have chosen my model for the contest and many great models of the past have been started by others, there are still few which I'd like to see remade:

- 8852 (Transforming robot)

- 8850 (Rally offroader)

- 8839 (Supply ship)

- 8872 (Forklift transporter)

- 8858 (Rebel wrecker)

- 8460 (Pneumatic crane truck)

- 8443 (Log loader)

- 8459 (Front end loader)

- 8462 (Tow truck)

20 minutes ago, howitzer said:

- 8839 (Supply ship)

Done. :wink: (by @M_longer)

Edited by LvdH

35 minutes ago, howitzer said:

While I have chosen my model for the contest and many great models of the past have been started by others, there are still few which I'd like to see remade:

- 8852 (Transforming robot)

- 8850 (Rally offroader)

- 8839 (Supply ship)

- 8872 (Forklift transporter)

- 8858 (Rebel wrecker)

- 8460 (Pneumatic crane truck)

- 8443 (Log loader)

- 8459 (Front end loader)

- 8462 (Tow truck)

The 8435 I always felt was the technic update for the 8858 rebel wreaker. 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-73464/gyugyu/8850-imrove-studless-2021-up-to-date-version/#details

8460/8431/8438 Pneumatic Crane Truck

I feel some of the latest crane sets have addressed that update  and with a bit of googling some one has done the a and b into studless...... if fact jim maybe a bonus point if you do a A and B version in studless? 

8852 (Transforming robot) is the one I was/am expecting to see :wub: