Hello Lego Castle Fans!

for starters - it's going to be a long slow project :) 

Do you remember 6057 Sea Serpent set from 1992? I've never had this set in my collection, I thought it might be worth building a new version... 

for Black Falcons fraction!

One week ago I started building my first ship project - Medieval Cog "The Black Serpent"!

This is still work in progress moc, I have a lot of work to do :) Now, has 43 cm long and almost 900 parts (will be more).

[WIP] Black Falcons Cog Ship MOC by Edge of Bricks

Then I will make my own sail, so far I have prepared the material (my old pillow), I painted it white, I still have to paint the Black Falsons logo.

But it's not over! I also want buils some area, fragment of sea and coast with some stronghold - for Raven Knights. 

The Black Serpent

The next steps are:
- complete the ship's design,
- make a sail,
- order a lot of new parts,
- hunt few sheeps from set 10775 :wink:

I prepared the first material from this project, if you are interested, check out my youtube - Edge of Bricks channel :)

Hmm, very nice hull, I'll take notes of it, if ye don't mind. :tongue:

Vessel itself looks very promising, would be interested to see how she comes along in the future. Good job so far! :thumbup:

I actually have the 1992 serpent set. Was a great little set.  This is looking good so far, those nexo knight shield pieces have become very useful for multiple applications.  I remember some people hating on those shield parts and wondering what were they good for except the big nexo knight shields themselves.  

On 5/26/2021 at 6:23 PM, Jack Sassy said:

Hmm, very nice hull, I'll take notes of it, if ye don't mind. :tongue:

Vessel itself looks very promising, would be interested to see how she comes along in the future. Good job so far! :thumbup:

Thanks! No problem, take the notes :classic: probably I'll make PDF Instructions for this ship.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:53 PM, caiman0637 said:

This looks quite nice so far.

Thank you!

22 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I actually have the 1992 serpent set. Was a great little set.  This is looking good so far, those nexo knight shield pieces have become very useful for multiple applications.  I remember some people hating on those shield parts and wondering what were they good for except the big nexo knight shields themselves.  

I didn't like nexo shields either, I only liked them for some time (maybe after buying the Medieval Blacksmith set). I think they fit very well as a ship decoration

The Black Serpent MOC by Edge of Bricks

Today big update - I added mast and finished the back of the ship. Additionally, I made a working rudder!

Construction has started and I have to make an order, parts are missing :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Kozikyo86 said:

probably I'll make PDF Instructions for this ship.

Oh yes please! It'll definitely help me understand this hull technique better. See, I'm looking for bunch of brick-built hull ideas and sort of trying to understand what can work best for me and my little project :wink:, especially the bow part is quite tricky.

Looking great! Your medieval builds so far have been very interesting and very good, especially the collaboration you did with Cube Brick. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Also the video logs are amazing! :excited:

Hi!

Today a little progress. The ship is almost finished, I only have a sail and a few details to do. I wanted to show you that the PDF manual will also be there, it's almost ready! An example page is shown below.

I'll show you more in a few days!

The Black Serpent MOC by Edge of Bricks

Cog Ship is ready!!!

The Black Serpent MOC

Now I need few days to make new episode on my Youtube, where I'll show more details, and few words about instructions :) 

Soon I'll start second part of my project - area with water, coast with little stronghold 

Really nice build, makes me want to build a ship as well, my last medieval/castle boat was never finished.

The proportions look also great, not too small or to big and the sail is also very nice, how did you make that sail?

1 hour ago, the Inventor said:

Really nice build, makes me want to build a ship as well, my last medieval/castle boat was never finished.

The proportions look also great, not too small or to big and the sail is also very nice, how did you make that sail?

I took the fabric from my old pillowcase :laugh: It was dense enough, resembling Lego material. I washed it, ironed it and painted it with white paint to make it stronger. Then cut it out, paint it. I will describe the whole process in detail on the video, it will be in about a week

Very beautiful build! 
There's a super nostalgic look, a very classic vibe with a bunch of well thought out details that modernize this build. 
The angles are amazing! I love the cloth you used for the sail, the Flacon shield up front is a great addition, and the pit opening in the center of the ship is the nicest thing. 
Amazing and very inspiring work. It's great to see a castle builder adventuring into a pirate's land of expertise. 
Keep it up. Skol!

Hi! 

Second episode of my series is ready! Review of my ship!

Also PDF instructions is now available on Rebrickable!

This is so dang cool!  Brings back some childhood memories of playing with my brother's 6057 Sea Serpent.  I'm seriously considering purchasing your instructions for this beauty.

What an absolute beauty you've created! It looks how it's supposed to look and the curves and angles are perfect. Nice job on the custom sail with the crisp black image as well.

Nice build! Looking forward to seeing more of your diorama! 
The photo with knights marching through the gate is incredible!

A Great ship design a Pirate would love to use. :pir_laugh2:

The hull is sleek enough for a ship this size and I am sure some early Age of Sail vessels could benefit from this too !

I should try myself on such a design one day... 

Thanks to everyone for the comments! I'm glad you like the ship :)

The construction of the area has started, here's a small sneak peak. Episode 3 will be on my YouTube in a few days. The whole diorama will be divided into 3 baseplates, I'm already building middle dimensions about 60x60 studs!

The Black Serpent MOC work in progress