LOTR34

Indiana Jones-Speculation & Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 2/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, Portal Out said:

If we end up only getting 4 Indiana Jones sets, do you think there’s a chance of them all being 18+ displays with a quote like that Jurassic Park set they just revealed?

Ah, yes, I can totally see them continuing that style.  Display sets aimed at adults.  One for each existing movie with a quote.  If you don't like the quote, remove the plaque...  Problem solved!

On 2/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, williejm said:

I’ve no idea what’s coming in the movie - but any Lego sets using fleshie figures and representing historical periods would be awesome. Indy is an added bonus!

And yes, since Indy (and movie superheroes) form the core of my original collection, I also switch all my minifigs over to flesh-tones, as well as I can.  I am sure we'll get a cool minifig of Pontimus, who might be a general or an aristocrat, maybe an antagonist who becomes an ally.  Looking at the actor's headshot, Mark Killeen, it looks like he will be in "light nougat".  Plus I can imagine we will also get some more Roman Soldiers in various caramel-colored medium-flesh-tones like "nougat" or "medium nougat", etc.  That will add a bit of aesthetic variety and historical realism to the ranks.  I think they also say there will be a Gladiator fight!  I think Lego would jump at the chance to do that, because it 's never been done before, and there is nothing about it that would offend anyone, right?!  =D

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a little surprised to see Lego starting with more higher priced sets right off the bat, but I guess I shouldn’t be. Adults are primarily who will be buying these.

I’m predicting that 75574 will be the Temple Escape remake. The most expensive set will surely be based on the most iconic scene.

Edited by The Stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Stud said:

I’m a little surprised to see Lego starting with more higher priced sets right off the bat, but I guess I shouldn’t be. Adults are primarily who will be buying these.

I’m predicting that 75574 will be the Temple Escape remake. The most expensive set will surely be based on the most iconic scene.

Assuming that Coconut is Indy (which it seems to be), and that none are based on the new movie, I would agree that the $140 set is likely one of the iconic scenes from the earlier movies. Though I could see either the $90 or $140 being temple escape depending how they decided to design it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's an easy way to make a set look good and work well by making it large and expensive, but I'm glad that they've done it for these, as it gives them scope to go beyond something very simple behind a few minifigures, and focus more on the build and function than just the figures. And there is a lot of scope for cool detail and function with Indy sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Assuming that Coconut is Indy (which it seems to be), and that none are based on the new movie, I would agree that the $140 set is likely one of the iconic scenes from the earlier movies. Though I could see either the $90 or $140 being temple escape depending how they decided to design it. 

I don’t think we’ll see any Indy 5 sets until 2023. Kinda like how Lego had to delay the sets for the new Jurassic World movie from last year to this year.

 

Side-note, but it’s surreal to me that so many of the different properties I’ve been dying to see in Lego form are finally coming in the next year or two. Mainly Indiana Jones and Jedi: Fallen Order, but also The Muppets and The Office. This is such a great time to be a fan of licensed Lego themes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, so that presumably means we're getting traditional sets as opposed to dioramas (which I'm okay with in this case - I think the JP diorama is outstanding, but a lot of the iconic Indy scenes would just work better as sets, to me at least).  Also curious that there's no impulse buy sets.  Maybe they're figuring that kids may not be as interested in these sets, since the last time Indy was really on the forefront was almost fifteen years ago?  

I will say, as someone that's on the younger side of EB users, LEGO Indy was actually what got me into the movies in the first place.  I still remember getting the 2008 catalog as a kid.  It had the truck chase set featured on the front, and I didn't not really know what it was, but I was absolutely captivated by the sets and probably spend an hour or more just looking at those pages in the catalog.  I'm hopeful that they do a second wave (or more) when the fifth film comes out (I mean...there has to be a wave of sets for it, right?  There's no way they'd bring back the license and not do stuff from the new movie), and that it includes smaller sets, because those were types of sets introduced me to one of my favorite movie franchises ever - hopefully some current kids have the same experience I did.  

I suppose these price points eliminate a couple of contenders for sets from this wave - no motorcycle chase, no ToD bridge duel, and no remake of the Cairo market fight set, since all of those would probably be $20 or less.  

$60 looks about right for the truck chase, to me, and I agree that either the $90 or $140 has to be the temple escape from the opening of Raiders.  I can't immediately think of a set that would be $40 and also be famous enough to be in this initial wave.  Maybe the Well of Souls?  I think that one was $20 last time it came out, I'd imagine a slightly sized-up version of that set would probably go for about $40 these days.  I feel like these first four sets are going to be the most well-known scenes, in order to get people excited about the theme again, and then subsequent waves might include the stuff that isn't on the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I will say, as someone that's on the younger side of EB users, LEGO Indy was actually what got me into the movies in the first place.  I still remember getting the 2008 catalog as a kid.  It had the truck chase set featured on the front, and I didn't not really know what it was, but I was absolutely captivated by the sets and probably spend an hour or more just looking at those pages in the catalog.  

Similar to the experience I had as well. I think I got the motorcycle chase for my birthday and subsequently watched the films. Whatever happens with this wave it’s going to be exciting to (hopefully) see a big resurgence in Indy merchandise from LEGO and other brands as well. 

Since there are 4 sets I wonder if it’ll be a set per movie or they’ve just picked the most iconic scenes. As others have said the $140 is probably the Temple Escape. The $40 set sounds like it could be a vehicle based one. Like maybe Short Round’s car or the motorcycle chase with a small section of Brunwald Castle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping Indy wasn‘t „Coconut“ so we could get more than four sets and earlier than October to boot, but alas… :grin:

Well, I‘m glad the theme‘s back, even with a somewhat small line-up :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was hoping Indy wasn‘t „Coconut“ so we could get more than four sets and earlier than October to boot, but alas… :grin:

Well, I‘m glad the theme‘s back, even with a somewhat small line-up :sweet:

They've probably left only some of the sets for 2022, while they pushed most of them back to 2023. Always better than nothing.

I am surprised how high the prices are. The smallest set is 40€, while the biggest one is 140€! I would've expected smaller sets for Indy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They've probably left only some of the sets for 2022, while they pushed most of them back to 2023. Always better than nothing.

I am surprised how high the prices are. The smallest set is 40€, while the biggest one is 140€! I would've expected smaller sets for Indy.

I'm assuming their original plan was to release one big wave that included all the sets,the ones based on the new movie and the ones based on the older movies this year.

But since the movie has been delayed they kept the sets based on the OG movies for this year and the ones based on the new one for next year.

Which is why there are no cheap sets in this line up.

Of course this is all speculation.

Edited by LOTR34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm assuming their original plan was to release one big wave that included all the sets,the ones based on the new movie and the ones based on the older movies this year.

This is also what I thought. Maybe they pushed the sets based on the previous four films back to October instead of keeping their initial release date (May I suppose) to have a better distribution across the year? May and June are already pretty busy after all :snicker:

Still surprising they actually went with a split release like that, if our assumptions are correct. I mean, when they delayed the new Jurassic World sets, they could have left the original date for the recently revealed JP diorama as it‘s not a direct JWD tie-in, but instead they pushed back the entire wave :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This is also what I thought. Maybe they pushed the sets based on the previous four films back to October instead of keeping their initial release date (May I suppose) to have a better distribution across the year? May and June are already pretty busy after all :snicker:

Still surprising they actually went with a split release like that, if our assumptions are correct. I mean, when they delayed the new Jurassic World sets, they could have left the original date for the recently revealed JP diorama as it‘s not a direct JWD tie-in, but instead they pushed back the entire wave :shrug_oh_well:

I don't think the diorama was a part of the original Dominion line-up. Notice how it has a set number with four sets skipped in-between.

They probably made it later on, when LEGO conceptualised the idea of 18+ dioramas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think the diorama was a part of the original Dominion line-up. Notice how it has a set number with four sets skipped in-between.

They probably made it later on, when LEGO conceptualised the idea of 18+ dioramas.

Wasn‘t it? I thought we knew about that set number for quite a while :classic:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Indy isn’t 100% confirmed to be coconut 

Coconut being Avatar II is still in the cards then too…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Indy isn’t 100% confirmed to be coconut 

I'm still holding out hope for a summer release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wasn‘t it? I thought we knew about that set number for quite a while :classic:

Coconut being Avatar II is still in the cards then too…

Nah, it was actually revealed quite late by Stone Wars (when they updated their list a month or two ago).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Indy isn’t 100% confirmed to be coconut 

Do you know something we don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Do you know something we don't?

We don't know anything. All of this is rumours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maple said:

We don't know anything. All of this is rumours.

We do have the prices and set numbers for the “Coconut” theme from an online retailer. The main question is whether this theme is Indiana Jones or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

We do have the prices and set numbers for the “Coconut” theme from an online retailer. The main question is whether this theme is Indiana Jones or not. 

And your point...?

Well Indy isn’t 100% confirmed to be coconut 
Do you know something we don't?
We don't know anything. All of this is rumours.

We are taking about what the sets are. It's all rumours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maple said:

And your point...?

Well Indy isn’t 100% confirmed to be coconut 
Do you know something we don't?
We don't know anything. All of this is rumours.

We are taking about what the sets are. It's all rumours.

Just noting that the set numbers and associated prices are definitively known, in any case, so we have that much. 
 

As far as what the sets are, beyond some sources suggesting it’s Indy and sources saying that Indy is happening, nothing is 100% confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.