Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

Are you supposed to be The Dude now? You’re either a little kid or someone lost in reality. 

41 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Ok chad, what a alpha sigma male you are. You sure showed me. 

Ok I don't know what's going on here really, but stop now.

35 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Oh yea I forgot about Jack Sparrow's hat/hair piece.

And Angelica!

1 hour ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

No shit it’s a fact. I was being sarcastic. 

Sure, but there really are people that act like that all the time :snicker: There’s so much nonsense online, it’s sometimes hard to differentiate between sarcasm and people’s delusions. Just an example: I’m pretty sure the whole flat-Earth thing started as an ironic joke, and look where we are now 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, but there really are people that act like that all the time :snicker: There’s so much nonsense online, it’s sometimes hard to differentiate between sarcasm and people’s delusions. Just an example: I’m pretty sure the whole flat-Earth started as an ironic joke, and look where we are now 

This. 

On 1/15/2022 at 1:58 AM, Mr No said:

If the Uncharted rumor is true then we get two adventurers this year. :laugh:

Huh? Uncharted?

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Huh? Uncharted?

Forget about that, it was a fake leak made by a lego ambassador network member. 

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Huh? Uncharted?

It was a fake rumour specifically created to demonstrate how far and fast they can spread :wink:

Edit: Ninja’d

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

If Lego were to do a D2C set for this theme what would people like to see? 

I’ve always thought the Grail Temple or any of the temples like the Temple of Akator or the Hovitos Temple from the first film could make good ones. 

Then on the vehicles side you’ve got things like the Jungle Cutter, the planes from Last Crusade etc.

3 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Forget about that, it was a fake leak made by a lego ambassador network member. 

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It was a fake rumour specifically created to demonstrate how far and fast they can spread :wink:

Edit: Ninja’d

Yup, figured. 

3 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’ve always thought the Grail Temple or any of the temples like the Temple of Akator or the Hovitos Temple from the first film could make good ones. 

Then on the vehicles side you’ve got things like the Jungle Cutter, the planes from Last Crusade etc.

Any temple D2C set would be GREAT!

29 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

And Angelica!

That one is *such* a sweet hair/hat piece, gutted that it’s not more available 

6 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Temple of Akator would look great as a D2C set. 

56 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Out of your suggestions, I vote Grail Temple. The others were all sets the first time around. My ideal Grail Temple would have a mockup of the outer facade filmed in Petra, then the entry chamber, then representations of the three trials with play functions, then the Grail chamber, lined up much like the Hovitos temple set.

I honestly can’t really think of any D2C ideas. I feel like most of the temples and locations can be pretty well captured in a regaular large playset and it’s not like there’s any large iconic vehicles to release a giant version of like Star Wars, Ghostbusters or Back to the Future.

47 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I honestly can’t really think of any D2C ideas. I feel like most of the temples and locations can be pretty well captured in a regaular large playset and it’s not like there’s any large iconic vehicles to release a giant version of like Star Wars, Ghostbusters or Back to the Future.

Vehicles? What about… 1) the circus train from the Last Crusade? Or, also from LC, 2) the Rolls Royce Phantom II… Tanks! ;) 3) The Clipper float plane from Raiders would be cool (with a map of its travel)

12 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

Vehicles? What about… 1) the circus train from the Last Crusade? Or, also from LC, 2) the Rolls Royce Phantom II… Tanks! ;) 3) The Clipper float plane from Raiders would be cool (with a map of its travel)

Also the 1934 Duesenberg Auburn convertible that Indy used in Temple of Doom, it's memorable enough.

Honestly, I don't think it would be such a good idea to release a UCS vehicle, I would rather have a playset than a display piece.

28 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Honestly, I don't think it would be such a good idea to release a UCS vehicle, I would rather have a playset than a display piece.

Totally agree with you. If they release one, a UCS famous scene play-set would be much preferred over a vehicle. I’m hoping for a majority of the regular sets to come from the original trilogy. Also, for the regular sets to be done well. 🤞🏻 

On 1/16/2022 at 2:03 PM, Tariq j said:

If they do a D2C set it would be something like the Hogwarts icons set, with the hat, the golden idol from Raiders, the whip?, the journal from the Last Crusade and maybe the Crystal Skull.

I can't see Lego doing an Indiana Jones play-set as a D2C set (even at this point I can't believe we're going to get a new Indiana Jones wave).

Edited by hachiroku

5 hours ago, hachiroku said:

If they do a D2C set it would be something like the Hogwarts icons set, with the hat, the golden idol from Raiders, the whip?, the journal from the Last Crusade and maybe the Crystal Skull.

I can't see Lego doing an Indiana Jones play-set as a D2C set (even at this point I can't believe we're going to get a new Indiana Jones wave).

Wait that would actually be really cool. There are so many MacGuffins in those movies that would work super well as life size Lego builds. If they did the golden idol, the stones from Temple of Doom, the grail and the diary, the crystal skull, and maybe even his whip, hat or satchel, that would make a great display set.

9 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Ooo that would be cool except for that whip part.

17 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ooo that would be cool except for that whip part.

I feel like the whip would honestly give a pretty fun building experience depending how they did it, and it is rather iconic to the character...

32 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I feel like the whip would honestly give a pretty fun building experience depending how they did it, and it is rather iconic to the character...

I’m not just sure how can desginers make whip out of pieces, that’s why I said “except for that whip” out of uncertainty. Of course that whip is absolutely iconic. 

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not just sure how can desginers make whip out of pieces, that’s why I said “except for that whip” out of uncertainty. Of course that whip is absolutely iconic. 

That's why I posted it with the question mark. It's hard to build a whip properly without weird techniques like attaching a lot of ropes or something like that.

Maybe a lot of this and 2x2 round bricks: https://brickset.com/parts/6327811/design-element-deg-135-w-crosshole-no-1

I wonder if for Indy 5 they will do a train set, since we saw a nazi train in the set photos. 

3 hours ago, hachiroku said:

That's why I posted it with the question mark. It's hard to build a whip properly without weird techniques like attaching a lot of ropes or something like that.

Maybe a lot of this and 2x2 round bricks: https://brickset.com/parts/6327811/design-element-deg-135-w-crosshole-no-1

I heard ya. I would be worried if they screw this up just like they screwed up the scarf in that Hogwarts Icons set (the scarf does look like French fries with ketchup). 

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

I wonder if for Indy 5 they will do a train set, since we saw a nazi train in the set photos. 

The train we want is from the start of TLC - complete with giraffes 

1 minute ago, williejm said:

The train we want is from the start of TLC - complete with giraffes 

And I vote this!