Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind coconut actually fits Indy (its something from the original video game). Plus usually with movie releases they get codenames for their working titles. So avatar would be coral in this case 

Sure, but it's not like Leaf was a working title for Mario.

Coconut could also be a symbol of paradise, like Pandora.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

October is a weird month to release indy sets, it would make more sense to release them during summer time. 

Ideal for Christmas, no?

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

October is a weird month to release indy sets, it would make more sense to release them during summer time. 

If Coconut is Indy then I guess they are closer to 2023 anyway, which 2023 should be Indy's year. 

Is Coral the codename for Avatar 2 then or just speculation? 

2 minutes ago, Mr No said:

If Coconut is Indy then I guess they are closer to 2023 anyway, which 2023 should be Indy's year. 

Is Coral the codename for Avatar 2 then or just speculation? 

Not even speculation, it was just an example made by FalconFan. 

14 minutes ago, williejm said:

Ideal for Christmas, no?

Indy was always a summer time event and besides kids most likely will want avatar 2 sets during Christmas since the movie comes out around that time.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Indy was always a summer time event and besides kids most likely will want avatar 2 sets during Christmas since the movie comes out around that time.

I shall not be asking for Avatar sets on my Santa list … 😜

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

Well depending on the quality of the indy sets I don't know if I'll be asking about them :grin:

The No Way Home sets came out in October this year with the movie coming out in December so I definitely think Avatar would be more logical to release there.

It’s still surreal to me that we’re taking about actually getting new Indiana Jones sets.

Edited by The Stud

14 minutes ago, williejm said:

Why not both? :wink:

So, Coconut is Indy? Bummer, but that means we should have 2 more sets. And my source was right, which is pretty cool. Let's be happy the theme is happening and it's not a one set like PotC 5 got. 

Edited by Mr No

17 minutes ago, Mr No said:

So, Coconut is Indy? Bummer, but that means we should have 2 more sets. And my source was right, which is pretty cool. Let's be happy the theme is happening and it's not a one set like PotC 5 got. 

Yeah, you‘re right. When the film was delayed I thought we‘d have to wait until June 2023, so October 2022 isn‘t too shabby :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

All aboard :laugh: 

Choo-choo

Should we make a Indiana Jones 2022 Rumors and Discussion thread or rename this one? I would make a new one if there is no problem with that. 

If Indy does indeed make a comeback (crossing my fingers!!), here's hoping Lego takes another crack at some sets from the original films.

9 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

If Indy does indeed make a comeback (crossing my fingers!!), here's hoping Lego takes another crack at some sets from the original films.

It's pretty much confirmed by now. 

And looks like now everyone talks about it, cat is out of the bag for good. I am so happy the theme is coming back. 

3 hours ago, Mr No said:

It’s possible those other two sets could have been saved for Indy 5 and won’t come til next year now. I doubt it but it who knows? Fingers crossed that we still get six sets this year though; maybe there are some Lego/retailer exclusives that aren’t being listed with the others.

A lot of people are speculating that we could be getting a set for each of the movies so far. That’d be a good approach I think. 

-There’s so many sets they could do for Raiders of the Lost Ark but I have to imagine the first one they go with would be the Temple Escape, which would make me so happy as the original was one of my white whales.

-I’d like to see a remake of the titular Temple of Doom but I think they’ll probably just stick to one temple for the first wave. I think they’ll either do a small to medium sized Shanghai Car Chase or the mine cart scene.

-For The Last Crusade, I think we’ll probably get a remake of either the Venice set or the Motorcycle Chase. It’d be kinda cool if they did the latter, as I still have it built and displayed so I could compare the new one to the original.

-For Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I think Lego will redo either the River Car Chase (which is another one of the few Indy sets I owned, though it’s long been dismantled) or maybe the Jungle Cutter so they can get their large vehicle fix.

Whatever they end up doing, I already know I’m getting the full wave! This is easily my most anticipated 2022 Lego release and I hope it does well so it can become an Evergreen theme. (Though probably a much smaller one than Star Wars and Harry Potter.)

I'm gonna still remain slightly sceptical of the Coconuts sets being Indiana Jones, but at least it's nice that FalconFan and Stone Wars are openly talking about an Indiana Jones theme, which means it's all but confirmed :excited:

So excited.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm gonna still remain slightly sceptical of the Coconuts sets being Indiana Jones [...]

That was my stance at first, but consider this: if you only look at the information currently publicly available, the most logical conclusion would be that Coconut is Avatar 2 due to the October release date while Indy should be released in June since that's when the sets would have launched had Indy 5 not been delayed. However, since every leaker and informant seems to be VERY confident that Coconut is actually Indy, they must know something we don't, otherwise they surely would have reached the above-mentioned conclusion :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

Should we make a Indiana Jones 2022 Rumors and Discussion thread or rename this one? I would make a new one if there is no problem with that. 

No, we can keep using this one for now.

If/when this information is more solidly confirmed by the people who know, we can make a new thread.

The StoneWars article drew a conclusion because coconuts appear in the Indy video game. Bit of a stretch....

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was my stance at first, but consider this: if you only look at the information currently publicly available, the most logical conclusion would be that Coconut is Avatar 2 due to the October release date while Indy should be released in June since that's when the sets would have launched had Indy 5 not been delayed. However, since every leaker and informant seems to be VERY confident that Coconut is actually Indy, they must know something we don't, otherwise they surely would have reached the above-mentioned conclusion :laugh:

True, but I'm not sure ho confident they actually are. I'd have to see them say if they just think it's likely, or if they actually know something.

Seems to me more like a theory based on the fact that coconuts appeared in the LEGO video game.

Okay, I’m trying to lower my hype level but if Indiana Jones themes has a comeback, I’m sure excited.

I mean, I really need that new Indiana’s hat+hair piece!!

Unpopular opinion - Sadly, no Johnny Thunder’s comeback. 

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Unpopular opinion - Sadly, no Johnny Thunder’s comeback.

I would love that, there is plenty to explore story-wise. Can't decide which one I like better - Indy or Johnny. :grin: