Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

45 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

77013 Escape from the Lost Tomb: $79.99

I'm a fan of Target, but I'll hold off on that cost until official reveals.  They have odd pricing on everything in their stores (and their scans have been off).  And they have weird Lego pricing too, with big discounts too.

5 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

50 EURO

But the site you listed says 40 euro?

https://m.brickshop.eu/lego/lego-indiana-jones/lego-77013-escape-from-the-lost-tomb.html

Unless you mean to say the listing is outdated and you know it's actually 50

2 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

I'm a fan of Target, but I'll hold off on that cost until official reveals.  They have odd pricing on everything in their stores (and their scans have been off).  And they have weird Lego pricing too, with big discounts too.

Exactly, they've made an error like this before, so it's entirely possible that's what this is (maybe confused with the temple of doom?)

58 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

OMG the Indy sets got massive price hikes 😬

the plane set is now 40

temple of the golden idol is 170

The lost tomb is 80 DOLLARS! The f*ck is lego doing?!

Well fellas, it's been a pleasure, but this is the end of the journey for me

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Well fellas, it's been a pleasure, but this is the end of the journey for me

Goodbye, and may the Morb be with you.

At this point I'm just bricklinking whichever Indy figure is cheapest. I'm not voting with my wallet as even if the sets weren't overpriced, I don't think lego wants this line to succeed long-term. There is no doubt in my mind that the sales of these sets will have no effect on whether or not we get more.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

40€ was surprisingly cheap for this set. 50€ is still a fair price.

80€ would be atrocious. 

Agreed. $50 is fair, maybe a little on the high side but still fair for pre-price hike lego. $60 is more what I'd expect from price hikes and would push it out of being "worth it" for me, but still could probably sell well. $80 is insane.

2 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Exactly, they've made an error like this before, so it's entirely possible that's what this is (maybe confused with the temple of doom?)

Ooh, new theory.  I thought early leaks were that the sets were exclusive to Lego and one other retailer until the bigger release, but sets in small stores undermines that.  Maybe ToD is an exclusive set for select retailers? 

Even if it's $80, Target will probably have heavy discounts, maybe limited to them.  

13 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

The brickshop description mentions the temple of doom.

Huh, it does! They must've forgotten to edit that out then :tongue:

Hold up, the $80 price doesn't make sense, because there were pictures of it in store being sold for $46.99 USD.  

I assume that toy store is using MSRP and then adding a few bucks (because a lot of the smaller chains tend to do that), so I feel like that's gotta be a mistake on Target's part.

2 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Nobody “got” the temple of doom cancelled! If LEGO chooses not to release it that’s purely internal. There’s not a group of angry Hindus out to steal your legos. They called it Last Crusade and yet the crusaders are still here and active online.

I want the Temple of Doom set as much as, if not more than, anybody. The original was the only Indy set I wasn’t able to get, but this fabricated culture war is so idiotic that I can’t even be upset about the missing set I’m just upset that y’all are taking it way out of context.

I said "if" because it is not certain. Unfortunately it is within the realm of possibilities and if it actually is the case (as I said, we don't know) then I'm trying to show a possibility to take the high road in these matters. I'm not even calling my fellow christians to a boycott or anything, so it would be cool if you would cool your jets.

Anyway, 40 euros for that plane chase... gonna have to wait a bit for it to reach a decent price on discount I guess.

22 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

If after all this, the Temple of Doom turns out to exist, this would be the most hilarious rollercoaster ride I’ve ever been on

22 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

It also says a June release for all the sets… 😬

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

If after all this, the Temple of Doom turns out to exist, this would be the most hilarious rollercoaster ride I’ve ever been on

Indeed. I'm not getting my hopes up though :tongue: At least the official reveal of the other three sets can't be far off anymore!

3 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Anyway, 40 euros for that plane chase... gonna have to wait a bit for it to reach a decent price on discount I guess.

Tbf on the plane chase that’s still cheaper than the original 2009 set!

This means either the Temple of Doom was cancelled after the official descriptions were already written and they forgot to edit, or it has just been delayed and will be releasing after the other sets. Either way, I feel this safely debunks the rumor that it was cancelled MONTHS ago.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

9 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Hold up, the $80 price doesn't make sense, because there were pictures of it in store being sold for $46.99 USD.  

I assume that toy store is using MSRP and then adding a few bucks (because a lot of the smaller chains tend to do that), so I feel like that's gotta be a mistake on Target's part.

Another piece of evidence pointing towards target's price being a mistake. Between this and the rumored and now confirmed Euro prices, there's no good reason to believe that it's actually $80. I don't know why everyone here is ready to believe every negative rumor as fact despite their being either no evidence or evidence towards the contrary. The only thing I believe at this point is that the temple of doom is likely to not be released soon, everything else is just fear mongering and making mountains out of mole hills.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's hilarious how confusing the Indiana Jones relaunch is. No one has any idea what's actually happening.

The relaunch of Indiana Jones is so sic that LEGO could almost have wanted it like this

On 3/7/2023 at 1:30 PM, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Initially, the RRP in EURO were given as follows, the dollar prices should be equivalent.

At what price the dealers actually offer the sets and whether there are still RRP adjustments until the release, the prices tend to be very cheap for license topics, cannot be said yet.
But I would expect up to 20% more.

After some time, however, they will certainly be discounted in retail, depending on the RRP

77012 29,99€ | 29,99$
77013 39,99€ | 39,99$
77014 79,99€ | 79,99$
77015 149,99€ | 149,99$

These were the officially announced prices in summer 2022 - RRP
Since then there has been no further information about it.
But that was before the second LEGO price increase. However, 20% more is not unrealistic, especially since these prices for license sets in the LEGO world would be rather lower than one would expect.

The prices in the leaked images were dealer prices, some of which were above the last RRP and some below.
Based on these prices, I would not conclude the final RRP prices.

€80 | $80 for 77013 would be too much, 13 cents per part would just be too high.

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

… and if it was because something about the set went against their brand values, then it was for fear of upsetting at least one person.

The belief that values are inherently motivated by fear is an absolutely unhinged statement. 

26 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Tbf on the plane chase that’s still cheaper than the original 2009 set!

Yeah, but those were two planes and not a plane and a car. I prefer this upcoming version actually, but since I'm Dutch I have this urge of being extra stingy about the money I spend on available lego sets :tongue:

The user "Comic Bricks" has published a video with more official stock photos on YouTube, I can't say where they came from because LEGO hasn't published them yet. Probably from another dealer that I haven't been able to locate yet.
Since they're still not officially released by LEGO, I'm still not posting a direct link here.

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr
Of course, I meant where the pictures originally come from, they were distributed earlier on instagram

Wow this has to be one of the roughest launches in recent memory 

This line had multiple rounds of leaks, uncertainty on the nearly ever aspect of the launch, and some of the most mean-spirited fan discourse I’ve ever seen.

57 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

would be the most hilarious rollercoaster ride I’ve ever been on

Don't you mean Minecart chase? 

I don't know about The Lost Tomb. It feels like everytime we get a new picture it looks worse. Just a wall on a baseplate. The figures are excellent though.