Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

There's still a chance that the ToD set is a LEGO exclusive, which is why it wouldn't show up in stores. If it had indeed been cancelled months ago, that should have been enough time to remove it from the packaging of the other three. Maybe. Either way, we'll find out soon.

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Flat chest lid: yes, new: no

Cheers, I just looked it up in brickset and it seems like its mainly in Minecraft sets which would explain why I've never seen it before.

I’m still hopeful for TOD, the fact we’ve seen the box and it’s not a situation like the osprey where an organisation were campaigning for it to be cancelled makes me hopeful.

I mean we got a redo of jab as palace last year despite the controversy before, wasn’t as an explicit a remake, but I feel that that shows Lego are okay with doing sets like that

Edited by Whovastron

You might want to take that down, @LB2341. It breaks the community guidelines to include any pictures of leaks on this site, even in memes.

After inspecting these clearer pictures I noticed that Indys hat got more generic. The old one got the top shape right. This new one got a complete different style. Still good looking.

I noticed something strange on the front boxart of the plane chase set. To me the digital art suggest that the car is missing it's tires and the car is running just the rims. Or hovers.

Edited by Anak

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I only got one in my copy of the Havoc Marauder (:look::cry_sad:) so it's not a sure thing. 

Weird, everyone else I've heard of who got the marauder had 2. I think you ended up with a missing part!

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

There's still a chance that the ToD set is a LEGO exclusive, which is why it wouldn't show up in stores. If it had indeed been cancelled months ago, that should have been enough time to remove it from the packaging of the other three. Maybe. Either way, we'll find out soon.

On the one hand, that's definately possible. On the other, Lego is notorious for packaging errors, so it's not out of the question that they either forgot to remove it or simply didn't care.

Any of you seen the function for the boulder on Echo’s story? That is quite a lot more complex than I was expecting, it’s actually pretty neat.

A lot of stickers in the set, but when you buy this set, you probably want to keep it that way, so no real harm done, right? (Although i am really bad in placing those stickers)

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Any of you seen the function for the boulder on Echo’s story? That is quite a lot more complex than I was expecting, it’s actually pretty neat.

Where can I see It please ? What is Echo's story ?

2 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Where can I see It please ? What is Echo's story ?

Sent you a link to their profile.

1 minute ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Insider bricks saying there are no Dial of destiny sets

That would be such a disappointing anticlimax, but it’s really starting to look like that might just be the case.

I refuse to believe that there are no Indy 5 sets. What's even the point of bringing the theme back then? :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I really want Indy to continue so we can get Club Obi Wan and Circus Train. All the rumors make it so bleak 😔

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think that’s more of something going around. Not coming directly from that account 

You mean because of the general lack of retailer listings right? 

If this doesn’t pan out, I can’t express how disappointed I’d be. The return of a theme with 8 sets purportedly planned but only 3 seeing the light of day? That’s more than half of the lineup getting cancelled. I’d love to understand what led to Lego screwing up this badly.

But as for what we are getting, those sets are pretty damn awesome! The temple diorama’s mechanisms continue to amaze me.

Can someone send the "echo" link per Message?

Thank You

39 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

This wave feels incredibly empty with now just 3 sets of 2/5 movies

I agree, but given that this is our last chance for Indiana Jones sets, it's better to have few sets than none.

Granted, the fact we haven't anything since July is kinda odd, plus the omission in the official DoD merch announcement in January, but I don't think they just cancelled the entire DoD range. Maybe the sets are all exclusive or something.

That'd be like introducing Avatar and not do anything based on Avatar 2, or starting Star Wars in 1999 but not releasing any sets based on TPM. Or doing LOTR without The Hobbit in 2012.

Let's hope we get a big press announcement soon that clarifies things! ...or maybe they'll just shadowdrop the April sets on s@h :tongue:

Hi all, 

Just a thought. Maybe they're withholding the DoD sets until nearer the time of the film in order not to spoil anything?

16 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

I agree, but given that this is our last chance for Indiana Jones sets, it's better to have few sets than none.

There will be other opportunities for sets, there's still the Disney+ show they're working on.

I also really don't buy these rumors of DOD sets being cancelled. It feels like the 'leakers' are just playing a game of telephone and DOT became DOD at some point.