Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I just want to know what the Last Crusade set is going to be as that’s my favourite movie. It’d be nice to get the Grail Diary as a book with a printed tile like the Harry Potter ones.

It will be the plane chase,similar to the 7198 set with the only difference being that indy drives a car.

7 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

It will be the plane chase,similar to the 7198 set with the only difference being that indy drives a car.

As long as I get both Henry Jones minifigs! 

Well if we don’t know what the 18+ set is I’d think it could be TLC set.  The wonder of the world in Petra.  It’d double up well for a real world location as well and give us a coupe of minifgures we have never seen before. 

Well, looking at other themes, their first D2C set usually was based on something very iconic to the respective franchises. DC had a Batmobile, Marvel the Helicarrier, Harry Potter had Diagon Alley / Hogwarts, Star Wars an X-Wing, LOTR had Orthanc, and so on.

I would thus expect either a diorama based on the opening scene in RotlA or a model of the idol :classic: Of course there are other well-known scenes too, but you can‘t get more iconic than that sequence!

(Btw, is there another franchise whose very first scene remained the most iconic one out of all of them? Can‘t think of another one. Plenty of great opening scenes to be found for sure, but none as franchise-defining as that one)

Yeah at this point it is almost given that it will be about the opening scene of the first movie.

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

As long as I get both Henry Jones minifigs! 

Both of them are included so you're in luck.

Y’all see the tiny petra grail temple in the Wonders of The World gift with purchase set leak? Fun timing on that I but I wish it was about 10x larger and came with an old knight minifigure 

Edited by Actor Builder

Happy New Year, everyone! :pir-huzzah2:

Supposedly that 18+ set has been confirmed to cost 170$ (or other popular currencies), quite a shame for price increase. :sceptic:

Also, this topic got pinned, yay!

13 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Y’all see the tiny petra grail temple in the Wonders of The World gift with purchase set leak? 

You think they're hinting something with this or maybe I'm thinking too much into it?

7 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Happy New Year, everyone! :pir-huzzah2:

Supposedly that 18+ set has been confirmed to cost 170$ (or other popular currencies), quite a shame for price increase. :sceptic:

Also, this topic got pinned, yay!

Happy new year!

A damn shame but it was to be expected.Whatever that set ends up being I won't be buying because that is quite a steep price for me.

I thought it would remain unpinned forever :head_back:

1 hour ago, Pulp Detective said:

You think they're hinting something with this or maybe I'm thinking too much into it?

Why would they ever tease an Indy set with an Architecture GWP? :tongue: Also, don’t forget that the Indy sets were delayed

1 hour ago, Pulp Detective said:

I thought it would remain unpinned forever :head_back:

*sad Minecraft noises*

43 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Do we know that for sure?

Obviously, since the sets would've been released last year :tongue:

The movie was delayed by a whole year, and so were the sets. The first wave is coming in April, and the second in June.

45 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Do we know that for sure?

Did you already forget the four set numbers that showed up in March that were for a theme that was initially scheduled for April that later (July?) turned out to be Indy? Or even more obviously, as @THELEGOBATMAN points out, that the movie was delayed for a year? :laugh_hard:

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Did you already forget the four set numbers that showed up in March that were for a theme that was initially scheduled for April that later (July?) turned out to be Indy? Or even more obviously, as @THELEGOBATMAN points out, that the movie was delayed for a year? :laugh_hard:

Oh yeah how dare I forgot about that? It's not like I have other more important things in my life to remember and care about :laugh_hard:

The movie was delayed countless times and we don't know when TLG got the green light to start working on the sets.Maybe they would have released 'em the previous year but at the end of the day all of this is speculation.

21 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Maybe they would have released 'em the previous year but at the end of the day all of this is speculation.

There is no “maybe” about this. The four Indy set numbers were initially intended for April 2022. You can look it up quite easily :tongue:

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The four Indy set numbers were initially intended for April 2022.

Makes me think of what could have been had they released last April. :cry_sad:

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There is no “maybe” about this. The four Indy set numbers were initially intended for April 2022. You can look it up quite easily :tongue:

I'll take your word for it,after all I'm not a "Online LEGO Store Detective" to keep up with such vital information :laugh_hard::roflmao:

15 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Makes me think of what could have been had they released last April. :cry_sad:

Well there is no point on speculating about what ifs,instead we should look foward to April when we finally do get those sets.

55 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Well there is no point on speculating about what ifs,instead we should look foward to April when we finally do get those sets.

Yes, quite right. But is it confirmed that those sets will be released this April?

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes.

Very good, I was already getting worried about them releasing on May.

7 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

I don’t think it’s an easter egg or a hint I think it was just a specific piece of architecture on their mind the past year or two. Just funny that after 15 years, and a reboot of the entire theme, we finally get the grail temple in a lego set and it’s itty bitty

On 12/31/2022 at 8:47 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

(Btw, is there another franchise whose very first scene remained the most iconic one out of all of them? Can‘t think of another one. Plenty of great opening scenes to be found for sure, but none as franchise-defining as that one)

It isn’t downright the most iconic, but I actually think the opening of ANH has an argument.  From talking to people that saw it in theaters in 1977, it was sounded awe-inspiring and like nothing anyone had ever seen before.  Now, does it top the “I am your father” scene?  No, probably not, but I do think talking of “franchise defining” it is certainly close, at least in terms of setting the audience up for an adventure unlike pretty much anything else.

Regarding the Indy sets, I’m intrigued by it being an 18+ set.  I sort of hope it isn’t a large scale version of the Idol/Grail/Shankara Stones (although all three in one set would be neat).  I really want this theme to do well and last another year or two, since I highly doubt it gets rebooted again after Indy 5, and I feel like starting off with the Hovitos temple or something would be more of a guaranteed slam dunk seller than a straight up display piece.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

since I highly doubt it gets rebooted again after Indy 5,

You know what Harrison Ford said: If he dies, so does Indy.