Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

just talked to customer service on the chat system on lego.com. The employee told me that 77014 is in fact in the lego network system as DELAYED (he even said he was looking at it as we spoke) and i asked him specifically, "so it is not cancelled"? i made sure to use very specific and straight forward vocabulary and he affirmed me that it was delayed. i saved the entire transcript... dude even said he was super excited for it to eventually release

Edited by HuntFX

1 hour ago, HuntFX said:

just talked to customer service on the chat system on lego.com. The employee told me that 77014 is in fact in the lego network system as DELAYED (he even said he was looking at it as we spoke) and i asked him specifically, "so it is not cancelled"? i made sure to use very specific and straight forward vocabulary and he affirmed me that it was delayed. i saved the entire transcript... dude even said he was super excited for it to eventually release

While I'm not casting doubt on your conversation occuring, I don't believe that Lego customer service are going to have that sort of information readily available to give out, especially after the absolute shit show of the press release.

As an aside I think it's not conducive to anything or anyone's wellbeing, hanging on by the fingertips hoping that this set will come out. The far less stressful thing to do is to assume that it won't be released and be pleased if it does. It's mad to think that there have been so many themes with gaps in the numbering and everyone has managed to carry on living in ignorance, yet this one set has caused pages and pages of outcry.

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

It's mad to think that there have been so many themes with gaps in the numbering and everyone has managed to carry on living in ignorance, yet this one set has caused pages and pages of outcry.

Well, an unknown, unseen set getting cancelled is not really comparable to one with finalised pictures floating around :tongue: Of course people are more upset when it was so close to releasing, only to be cancelled last minute. The set including 6 exclusive minifigs with a ton of new prints, recoloured pieces and even a new part didn‘t help either

2 hours ago, HuntFX said:

I do believe you're saying the truth. I also do believe that the Lego employee you talked to genuinely believes what he said to you.

That being said, I don't think someone in Customer Service would know if a set is canceled or not? Maybe I'm wrong though, I don't know that much about how Lego operates it's company. 

Like, if Lego is OK with confirming through the Customer Service chat that a set is canceled/delayed, they would also be okay with telling the LAN (we've allegedly got reports from LAN members stating contradictory things, so at the very least, there's a degree confusion in what they were told).

In any case, this is the last thing I'm going to coment on the subject until we get more news. Mostly because at this point we're heading thowards a loop, getting stuck on the same conversation, and discusing stuff we have no way of knowing. I think @RedHoodPug has the best outlook at this: Just forget about it and get a nice surprise if they end up releasing it.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

and even a new part didn‘t help either

What was the new part? 

Lots of angry people posting when in fact we should be happy LEGO is offering new and updated sets for a franchise that many children do not know. They gave it to the adults because they can not because they had to. I'll be there day 1 buying multiple sets and modifying the hat. Love the new jacket details look forward to sharing this experience with my teenage son.

Edited by cehnot

It’s all just so confusing!! I saved the transcript tho just to have it for the future. And yeah it’s extremely frustrating to have a real photo of what we could have gotten. I’d rather just have never have known so I wouldn’t be so hurt by LEGO for ruining my favorite franchise of all time.

ALSO I really really don’t like the “be happy with what they are giving us” argument because this is a business. We don’t cater to them, they cater to what their consumers want because the consumers are the ones giving their money. So the fact that they still have this set teased and mentioned on Lego.com in the theme descriptions is absolutely atrocious on their part. 

Edited by HuntFX

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I think @RedHoodPug has the best outlook at this: Just forget about it and get a nice surprise if they end up releasing it.

Yeah, have to agree here. Obsessing over the set will only result in more pain :laugh:

52774244519_29f2bcc682_c.jpg

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, have to agree here. Obsessing over the set will only result in more pain :laugh:

52774244519_29f2bcc682_c.jpg

Of course I know what you want to say with that and I think it's a very good idea because it describes the situation perfectly.

However, we also know that Indy had almost reached and touched the grail and he could have had very good chances of taking the grail without without falling down :-)

Just kidding :-)

To be honest, I don't know whether the LEGO Chat history is supposed to give me new hope.

In fact, while I was one of those people who didn't believe the whole time that ToD was actually canceled, the SET may actually (still) have the status "delayed" instead of "cancelled" in LEGO's ERP system, or in the part to which customer service has access, nevertheless, for me that would unfortunately not be proof that it is coming late after all.

1 hour ago, nicknack116 said:

In the US, do we know if any/what retailers besides Lego.com and Lego Stores will have the large diorama set on April 1st?

i believe target and other regular retailers 

17 hours ago, HuntFX said:

ALSO I really really don’t like the “be happy with what they are giving us” argument because this is a business. We don’t cater to them, they cater to what their consumers want because the consumers are the ones giving their money. So the fact that they still have this set teased and mentioned on Lego.com in the theme descriptions is absolutely atrocious on their part.

Couple of things. 
Firstly it is indeed business, and if they deem cancelling or indefinitely postponing the set as good business, that’s their shout. They sell enough across the board for them to not worry about the potential nonexistence of one set.

Secondly no business that sells a luxury product or service has to do what the customer demands. However customer demand tends to be based on existing products.

Thirdly in normal circumstances no one would have known that this set existed. All that would have happened is that the same people would have asked why there wasn’t a ToD set. 

Fourthly it’s not strictly true that they create what the consumer demands.   No one knew they wanted Ninjago until it arrived but it’s had a ten year plus run. No one asked for the Queer Eye set but it still came and lack of demand benched it quickly. No one expected Mario figures to be digitally interactive but it’s in its fourth year. I want a more consistent DC theme but I don’t have one.

33 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Couple of things. 
Firstly it is indeed business, and if they deem cancelling or indefinitely postponing the set as good business, that’s their shout. They sell enough across the board for them to not worry about the potential nonexistence of one set.

Secondly no business that sells a luxury product or service has to do what the customer demands. However customer demand tends to be based on existing products.

Thirdly in normal circumstances no one would have known that this set existed. All that would have happened is that the same people would have asked why there wasn’t a ToD set. 

Fourthly it’s not strictly true that they create what the consumer demands.   No one knew they wanted Ninjago until it arrived but it’s had a ten year plus run. No one asked for the Queer Eye set but it still came and lack of demand benched it quickly. No one expected Mario figures to be digitally interactive but it’s in its fourth year. I want a more consistent DC theme but I don’t have one.

Agree. 

LEGO owes nobody anything. They never announced the set was cancelled. 

LEGO creates joy and pushes creativity and imagination. Licensed products are a plus if they feel it's worth the time and effort to develop and reach audiences across the globe. Some succeed, some don't. They are bringing Indiana Jones to a new generation of LEGO enthusiasts to share and enjoy. We should celebrate the fact this product line is coming out. If the internet didn't exist we would have no knowledge that LEGO delayed a product or decided to shift gears. The only way we used to know what was coming out was though the holiday catalogs or commercials. 

Don't like how they designed the sets? Modify it or create your own. That is the beauty of LEGO. 

Celebrate the fact that if it were not for Lucasfilm LEGO would have went bankrupt and we would not have the product around to enjoy. 

For anyone who lives in the area off the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. The Kmart in Caloundra has both the fighter plane & the tomb set on the self and for sale already.

Edited by LB2341

9 minutes ago, LB2341 said:

For anyone who lives in the area off the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. The Kmart in Caloundra has both the fighter plane & the tomb set on the self and for sale already.

Oh nice. I've got to start checking my local Kmarts then. How much were they?

I also went to the next closest Kmart in Maroochydore and they didn't have them at all! Good luck on your search! The fighter plane was $45 and the tomb was $55.

I saw a single Temple of Golden Idol at the Perth CBD Myer, but it was on the counter, so maybe a click and collect? I couldn't see any other sets on the Myer shelves, but they probably do have them. Kmart also had the other two sets, along with most of the March sets, but didn't have the TotGI.

Disney Lays Off Ike Perlmutter

Here we have another clue as to why we might not be getting much for Indiana Jones, the possible Disney+ Indiana Jones spin off series is said to have been canceled as there were said to have been instructions to focus on Star Wars, now they want thousands Lay off employees to make the streaming service more profitable.
If there is no series, sets in the future will also become even more unlikely.
Too bad about Indy, he must have gone with Harrison

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr

There's a discussion on Reddit about the Temple of Doom set. One person says that a trailer has said they have it. Another works for a retailer and was told that there was an element causing a problem which is why it was pulled. 

Eh. Assuming OP is telling the truth, this is still a nothingburger. Just an error on Target‘s side. You know, the same company that wanted to sell the Lost Tomb for double the price :tongue: 

We know that the set was cancelled really late in the process, or just carelessly — remember how it was mentioned on Shop@Home?

Stuff like that will keep surfacing, but that doesn't mean the set is actually releasing.

23 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

There's a discussion on Reddit about the Temple of Doom set. One person says that a trailer has said they have it. Another works for a retailer and was told that there was an element causing a problem which is why it was pulled. 

Sounds promising

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Sounds promising

Makes no sense. Why would they have copies of a set that was cancelled before entering production? :tongue:

On 3/27/2023 at 12:05 AM, cehnot said:

Lots of angry people posting when in fact we should be happy LEGO is offering new and updated sets for a franchise that many children do not know. They gave it to the adults because they can not because they had to. I'll be there day 1 buying multiple sets and modifying the hat. Love the new jacket details look forward to sharing this experience with my teenage son.

This sounds like you’re projecting. Not sure I’ve seen anyone being “angry”. People are also allowed to be disappointed that a product they were looking forward to isn’t being released. If everyone had the “you should just be happy with what they’ve got” attitude, then nothing would change, ever.

51 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

This sounds like you’re projecting. Not sure I’ve seen anyone being “angry”. People are also allowed to be disappointed that a product they were looking forward to isn’t being released. If everyone had the “you should just be happy with what they’ve got” attitude, then nothing would change, ever.

Really. BrickBob MIGHT count.