Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

If it’s Lucasfilm’s fault, maybe they can release the same set with Johnny Thunder characters instead 😂

Lol you might as well get the pitchforks out now. 🤣

4 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

If it’s Lucasfilm’s fault, maybe they can release the same set with Johnny Thunder characters instead 😂

In earnest? I guess I didn't realize that then.

Then I don't want to have said anything.

However, the thing is then more than sad :-(

If temple of doom is cancelled, so be it

i really, really doubt DOD sets are cancelled though. Hasbro aren’t launching things for that movie in April it’s only the first two movies that are being covered in their lines thus far, I think they’ll be revealed later down the line

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

If temple of doom is cancelled, so be it

i really, really doubt DOD sets are cancelled though. Hasbro aren’t launching things for that movie in April it’s only the first two movies that are being covered in their lines thus far, I think they’ll be revealed later down the line

Lego would’ve announced upcoming sets on Dial of Destiny if they were still coming. 

9 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Lego basically admitted that Indy is dead as a theme but keep inhaling the Hopium🤷‍♂️

They never said that. You’re welcome to read into it but don’t state it as if it’s fact.

Edited by sammy_zammy

This is exactly what I was talking about a week or two ago when I talked about the lack of fanfare around this revival. After weeks of leaks and people finding the sets early, pictures are just getting dumped onto Shop@Home. No big or spectacular press release and all of the attention is on the Temple of Doom because Lego won’t give a straight answer about why or technically if it’s cancelled. All signs are pointing to it being cancelled anyway, it’s just the PR BS that annoys me.

19 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Happy Birthday!

Thank you! 

Will agree with you all this reasoning for canceling Temple Of Doom is pretty vapid and corporate bs, like I said didn’t particularly care for the set butI think they could of have given us a more clear explanation. I hate the word consolidate btw.

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Lego would’ve announced upcoming sets on Dial of Destiny if they were still coming. 

Not necessarily. Of all the signs pointing to the potential cancellation of the DoD sets, this was always one of the least compelling arguments for me. (Just to be clear though, I’m feeling pretty doubtful about these sets actually releasing, but not because they didn’t mention them today.) If they are still coming, they don’t want people focusing on other sets coming out later that they haven’t revealed yet. They want people to focus on these ones first.

Edited by The Stud

9 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Not really, no one has shown DoD product so why would Lego be the exception?

Hasbro also didn't show the DoD sets, only mentioned that they are coming, but didn't show them

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr

You know, I'm not even sure if the revival of indy is good or not, it just doesn't seem to be going good for LEGO 

3 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Hasbro also didn't show the DoD sets, only mentioned that they are coming, but didn't show them

And lego said nothing exactly proving my point. I really want to know why lego f*cked this whole return. Like Indiana Jones are both a beloved classic theme and a beloved movie series so of course lego mismanaged everything about it. 

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Aye official reveal on my birthday let’s go! I don’t know about you guys, but all these sets have really grown on me. At first I bashed them for being too bright and cartoony but with each time a new leak with better pics, I’ve really come to love all these. Just really happy to have Indiana Jones back in some way, make me giddy like when HP first came back in 2018. Sure the reveal was a bit lackluster, but it doesn’t matter because all that does is that I’ll be at the Lego Store April 1. 

Happy birthday! And I hard agree on everything you said! Those sets have really grown on me

8 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Wasn‘t there a picture of a Hasbro toy of Voller‘s plane a while ago? Or was that just a leak?

55 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll bring up this point. They have revealed august sets already (N-1 microfighter). If the temple of doom was just delayed, why not reveal it alongside the rest of the sets? 

Could DoD sets come past October?

Why is everyone assuming that the ToD set is cancelled?

The official statement just says that they decided to "optimize the launch" to focus on the three sets we know. They don't imply that there won't be more sets.  Add to that the fact that the 77014 appears in the official description, and they didn't bother to remove that after releasing the statement.

Edited by hachiroku

Just now, PGBQW said:

Could DoD sets come past October?

Who‘s gonna care about DoD sets this late in the game except for collectors and hardcore Indy fans? There‘s a reason everyone releases their merch ahead of (or simultaneously with) the release of a movie. 

The only movies that have recently had sets based on them months or years after their launches were MCU heavy hitters.

Also, they used to release more sets post-launch, not the first ones :tongue: Quantumania has at least the release date shift to blame

4 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

The official statement just says that they decided to "optimize the launch" to focus on the three sets we know. They don't imply that there won't be more sets.  Add to that the fact that the 77014 appears in the official description, and they didn't bother to remove that after releasing the statement.

Apparently some LAN people have said that they’ve been told it’s not coming

5 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Because that‘s what every leaker and source under the Sun is saying.

6 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Add to that the fact that the 77014 appears in the official description, and they didn't bother to remove that after releasing the statement.

Or they‘re just incompetent enough to have forgotten about it :laugh_hard:

Just now, Whovastron said:

Apparently some LAN people have said that they’ve been told it’s not coming

I'm LAN people and that didn't happen. They just gave us the official statement that everyone has shared.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Who‘s gonna care about DoD sets this late in the game except for collectors and hardcore Indy fans? There‘s a reason everyone releases their merch ahead of (or simultaneously with) the release of a movie. 

The only movies that have recently had sets based on them months or years after their launches were MCU heavy hitters.

Also, they used to release more sets post-launch, not the first ones :tongue: Quantumania has at least the release date shift to blame

I know, I'm just curious about it.

Like we know for sure there is no DoD sets to be released along the movie, but resurrecting the theme only to make sets of the old movies is certainly a choice.

From Shop@Home: More adventure – Look out for the Fighter Plane Chase (77012), The Temple of Doom (77014) and Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) LEGO® Indiana Jones™ sets

The incompetence :tongue:

1 minute ago, hachiroku said:

I'm LAN people and that didn't happen. They just gave us the official statement that everyone has shared.

Ah I see, I still have hope then. The vague wording is purposeful

id just like to say that there is some ridiculous hyperbole in this thread about Lego handling this, as if it’s the norm for them to mess up relaunches like this. Just taking into account Jurassic Park last week, clearly not the case. Saying they’re incompetent etc. just isn’t true. It’s been a bit of a mess here, sure, but don’t act like it’s like this across the board when it really isn’t. I’m sure we don’t know the whole picture yet

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because that‘s what every leaker and source under the Sun is saying.

Or they‘re just incompetent enough to have forgotten about it :laugh_hard:

I assumed the leakers were right and the set was gone, but the statement and the descriptions gave me hope. I think that if the set was completely cancelled they wouldn't have released the statement.

That, or just them being incompetent lol

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From Shop@Home: More adventure – Look out for the Fighter Plane Chase (77012), The Temple of Doom (77014) and Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) LEGO® Indiana Jones™ sets

The incompetence :tongue:

They canceled the Lost tomb set now!