Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I think it's the moustache, it look's dark grey. He looks like Sean Connery in The Rock.

Yeah, and I was intending to use it for a custom for that, but he doesn't wear glasses in that movie....looks like I'll have to settle for the Count Dooku head. 

On 3/3/2023 at 10:11 AM, Agent Kallus said:

I'm imagining they might just appear on shop shelves with no fanfare. 

Lol

8 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Bye Bye, Temple of Doom :,-(

We hardly knew ye :cry_sad: I really wish it hadn’t leaked in the first place.

Also, I hope they will explain the reasoning behind the cancellation in an interview or Q&A some day. 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

So I saw the clear images and uhmm how do I say delicately this? Stay calm Roddy, stay calm….THE TEMPLE OF THE GOLDEN IDOL IS STUNNING! I love every thing about this set and they even included the little sack of sand which Indy uses to replace the idol, it’s literally everything I could have dreamed and then some. Between this and the Black Lake set, the memberberries are really spiking my dopamine levels. 

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We hardly knew ye :cry_sad: I really wish it hadn’t leaked in the first place.

Also, I hope they will explain the reasoning behind the cancellation in an interview or Q&A some day. 

Ah you know how it is. You spend about 2 years on a big project at work and realise right near the end of it that your product might not work out due to obvious reasons that should have been evident from Day 1, we’ve all been there right?

Just kidding, but I’d be keen too to learn if this is due to a social / cultural reason or something to do with the design of the set itself. I’m leaning towards the latter because I can’t see how something as obvious as ‘this might upset some people’ wouldn’t have been brainstormed on Day 1 of development. One of the biggest shames of losing this set is the reduction in new Indy variants.

That Hovitos Temple…what can I say? Absolute perfection. I’ve seen a few comments saying this wave is a re-imagining of the 2008 sets and whilst I see that in a sense, I also disagree. These sets just happen to be based on the same iconic scenes the 2008 sets so of course there’d be similarities.

I must say, I’m starting to warm up to that Well of Souls set, nice touch to give those Anubis statues abs by way of the 1x1 half-circle tile pieces! Also of note is the hieroglyph based on Gali’s Kanohi mask and what seems to be a play function to deposit more snakes into the main chamber. I’m keen to see the back of the boxes to glean if there’s more to this set in particular. Still salty that Henry Sr. doesn’t have a new hat piece in the Fighter Plane Chase set though! 

@Legocentrico It’s a subreddit titled ‘Legoleak’. Not sure if we’re allowed to be this specific so please let me know if this needs to be taken down.

Edited by Kaijumeister

5 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

New image on reddit? how do i find them?

Google -> reddit lego indiana jones

Sent you message with the links

3 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Still salty that Henry Sr. doesn’t have a new hat piece in the Fighter Plane Chase set though! 

It seems to be the same hat piece as in the other new sets? Brown hat, dark brown hat cord, brown hair.

5 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

One of the biggest shames of losing this set is the reduction in new Indy variants.

That, and the loss of Mola Ram, the Thugee, the Maharaja, and that version of Willie. And the Sankara stones. If the temple itself is a no-no, the only thing from that set that could show up in another one would be Short Round

10 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Google -> reddit lego indiana jones

Sent you message with the links

It seems to be the same hat piece as in the other new sets? Brown hat, dark brown hat cord, brown hair.

Haha, Senior - not Junior. It’s unfortunately the same hat piece from 2008. It would’ve been nice to see an updated mould for it, plus I can’t imagine it would be difficult to reuse in other themes like City.

@BrickBob Studpants Plus the nanofig of Indy’s voodoo doll! That was such a cool touch to see. So much effort put into a set we’ll probably never see.

Edited by Kaijumeister

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That, and the loss of Mola Ram, the Thugee, the Maharaja, and that version of Willie. And the Sankara stones. If the temple itself is a no-no, the only thing from that set that could show up in another one would be Short Round

There was the box, there was and is the set, as we saw in the leak, it's just not currently being released or never released. Maybe the figures will be in an advent calendar, GWP or something similar, at least one can dream :-D

5 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Haha, Senior - not Junior. It’s unfortunately the same hat piece from 2008. It would’ve been nice to see an updated mould for it, plus I can’t imagine it would be difficult to reuse in other themes like City.

@BrickBob Studpants Plus the nanofig of Indy’s voodoo doll! That was such a cool touch to see. So much effort put into a set we’ll probably never see.

Sry, not read exactly, my mistake, you are right!

Somebody crack open the champagne! It’s been a long road, and I’m happy that it sounds like a lot of people are satisfied with what we got

4 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

That too! Plus the recoloured Wonder Woman hairpiece, the 2015 turban piece in black, and the new part for Mola Ram’s headdress :sadnew:

Just now, Portal Out said:

Somebody crack open the champagne! It’s been a long road, and I’m happy that it sounds like a lot of people are satisfied with what we got

A road that took about 14 years,… 

Happy, yes! (Except ToD)

6 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

So every Indiana Jones set comes with a second hair hat combo…………….

Weird. Doesn’t seem like your typical replacement part, but I’m not complaining :laugh:

The back of the box of 77012 actually shows the tunnel scene, amazing :laugh_hard: 

None of the sets have any ads in the instructions or any kind of teasers 😬 I’m more and more convinced each day that Indy is just cancelled but these sets were so far and made that they had to release them. 

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

None of the sets have any ads in the instructions or any kind of teasers 😬 I’m more and more convinced each day that Indy is just cancelled but these sets were so far and made that they had to release them. 

That's very interesting.

Couldn’t care less about the insipid minifigs, but damn I’m getting the lost tomb and plane chase day 1! Rest in peace temple of doom :’(

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Weird. Doesn’t seem like your typical replacement part, but I’m not complaining :laugh:

The back of the box of 77012 actually shows the tunnel scene, amazing :laugh_hard: 

You think that's crazy, if you look at the back of 77015 one of the vignette pictures is Indy running from the boulder... with Satipo impaled in the background! That's crazy dark for a LEGO set, especially nowadays.

After seeing the side view of the Lost Tomb I am less excited for it (which is sad because it was the only one I was planning on getting). To me, the front half looks even more empty than it did before, and the back half looks so unfinished and rough; a snake chute sticking out of the wall and a giant mummy swinging machine. I just am not feeling that design.

And I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like they bothered to include a cobra, which is a strange omission considering the piece exists and is kind of an iconic part of the scene. I really wanted to love this set because I loved the original, but I think the only thing I like without any reservations is the minifigures (Indy's hat looks great and I hope it gets recolored for the Jurassic Park Sets).

It's also a little bit disappointing that because of hat choices we won't get a second expression for Belloq, Sallah and Henry Sr.

The Temple Escape looks fantastic! It looks a much better scale than in that weirdly diagonally spliced image we had, particularly in the boulder section. The idol room is also amazing, and I love all the trees adding to the jungle aesthetic.

Also, call me a nerd, but I’m liking that they have the original Raiders logo.

The Lost Tomb is also growing on me now that we’ve seen there’s stuff going on round the back as well and that it isn’t literally just a wall. The ark looks like a massive downgrade from 2010 though, which surprises me.

———

Is it me or are the minifigs particularly dynamic on these box arts? Usually they’re sort of doing generic poses on Lego boxes. And really easy to spot and centre frame in the foreground. But here, they’re all doing something, and often not obvious or in the foreground. For example, Indy swinging in on the Lost Tomb, Sallah dragging the ark away, Indy grabbing the idol in Temple of the Golden Idol, etc. It seems they’ve really focused on action-packed shots.

Edited by sammy_zammy

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

You think that's crazy, if you look at the back of 77015 one of the vignette pictures is Indy running from the boulder... with Satipo impaled in the background! That's crazy dark for a LEGO set, especially nowadays.

Where did you find the back of the Temple Escape? I found the backs to the others but couldn’t find that one