Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

The temple of doom ain't happening.

From brick clicker

Wow almost like he told me that 2 weeks ago and everyone said I was lying heck even brickclicker said I was “putting words in his mouth”

all that aside that Temple Escape might be one of the best looking display sets ever made. 

5 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

From brick clicker

Always this brickclicker,... listening to his videos always makes me nervous because it keeps sounding like he's leaving out letters or syllables.

where he always wants to get the information from, like he works at lego,...

I cannot wait to see how the interactive features work. I'm liking the look of this a lot more than I did when the diagonal half of that other picture leaked last month haha!

8 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

From brick clicker

Well, that blows. Hope the DoD sets are still happening

1 minute ago, VincentLord said:

I cannot wait to see how the interactive features work. I'm liking the look of this a lot more than I did when the diagonal half of that other picture leaked last month haha!

Looks like there is a gear rail in the background on which you could turn the boulder down

Would love if he’d clarify what he told me with the set being cancelled “months ago” the wave just feels bizarre without the Temple of Doom like it would’ve been fine if all the sets were Raiders or Last Crusade but the hole is just so obvious to anyone paying attention. 

Also if the sets are in stores I would suspect we have pictures of the instruction book soon to see if they left the temple in there or not

As I said on my story, Lego has no plans to release this in April or in the forseeable future for the time being.

It's not just one thing suggesting it but a whole range of things sadly.

1 minute ago, Khargeust said:

Sorry I didn't follow the case, but do we know why this set could has been canceled ?

It has been said, that 77014 would be postponed or cancelled, why was not known. There was a rumor based on relgious reasons, but nothing confirmed

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

The wave just feels bizarre without the Temple of Doom like it would’ve been fine if all the sets were Raiders or Last Crusade but the hole is just so obvious to anyone paying attention. 

So right...

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

As I said on my story, Lego has no plans to release this in April or in the forseeable future for the time being.

What were the “range of issues”?

3 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Thanks for your statement.

Is it the religious or cultural concerns that many suspect, or something else entirely? Where do the first leaked pictures come from, are they really several months old?

Are there also rumors, that Dial of Destiny Sets would be cancelled?

12 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Is it just me or does Henry Jones Sr look really weird? Like something about his face print is off. 

I think it's the moustache, it look's dark grey. He looks like Sean Connery in The Rock.

The-Rock-Sean-Connery.jpg

3 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I think it's the moustache, it look's dark grey. He looks like Sean Connery in The Rock.

The-Rock-Sean-Connery.jpg

LOL it totally does 😂

18 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Is it just me or does Henry Jones Sr look really weird? Like something about his face print is off. 

From a distance it looks like a puppet mouth :laugh:

If DoD would really be cancelled, there will be only one question left: 

How can Lego mess this up so disastrously after we had to wait 14 years. Simply unbelievable.

At least we can look forward to three sets with a fantastic diorama

Just now, DrHenryJonesJr said:

How can Lego mess this up so disastrously after we had to wait 14 years. Simply unbelievable.

I would consider that the biggest blunder in TLG‘s history :sad:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

If The Temple of Doom is really cancelled and all the Indy 5 sets my question to lego is why and why even bother releasing any sets at that point? If Indy 5 sets don’t happen it makes me think that these 3 sets were already made and they’re just emptying what they have and once they’re that’s it. 

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Especially since it would make absolutely no sense. Lego Indiana Jones was one of the top selling themes of 2008/2009 and a huge hit and now with the final film it seems to be the last chance as unfortunately Lego still believes they can only release licensed products if there is a film about it in the cinema runs. It would be the perfect moment to bring back adventure sets instead of planes and vehicles. They just can't seem to help. I will probably never understand Lego's marketing decisions, maybe I'm just too stupid for that.

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

If The Temple of Doom is really cancelled and all the Indy 5 sets

There is no reason to believe the Indy 5 sets have been cancelled. No leakers have said the Indy 5 sets are cancelled. Stop claiming the Indy 5 sets are cancelled without evidence.

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

There is no reason to believe the Indy 5 sets have been cancelled. No leakers have said the Indy 5 sets are cancelled. Stop claiming the Indy 5 sets are cancelled without evidence.

I also heard nothing about that, no idee where the rumor is coming from

9 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

If The Temple of Doom is really cancelled and all the Indy 5 sets my question to lego is why and why even bother releasing any sets at that point? If Indy 5 sets don’t happen it makes me think that these 3 sets were already made and they’re just emptying what they have and once they’re that’s it. 

Maybe it' just will be the same as it was back then with the osprey,..

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr

So our only hope is a reworked version coming out in 2024, but I‘m not sure how likely that is. Or maybe a Shanghai Chase remake so we can at least get Short Round and Willie :sadnew:

At least the other three sets look great!