Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

So it could actually have a faulty play feature like the Marvel mechs which LEGO only found at the 11th hour?

Or there could be literally any unknown reason for it?

Ngl that would be really funny

5 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Ngl that would be really funny

Cool. Ok. So everyone turned this into a gigantic argument about perceived outrage for absolutely no reason.

I'm going to lock this thread for a few hours because it's the only way for people on all sides to cool off.

Sorry it had to come to this but nobody is going to stop otherwise.

Everybody ready to chill? I hope so.

If anyone replies to old comments that were part of this outrage/being offended by Indy discussion, or continues it, I will hide your responses at first, and have a private chat with you if it continues.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

The best thing to do in this case will be to wait to see what Lego reveals as everything is just rumours until they confirm things.

I said I'd heard similar to Promobricks and it's been blown out of proportion so I'll leave it there for now.

Resharing this too for context, so please everybody, chill out until we know some more. No more rampant destructive speculation.

Quite a flare up there, but glad that it's speculation. I'm still really looking forward to the car chase scene. I love it when we get vintage cars like that.

Just now, RichardGoring said:

Quite a flare up there, but glad that it's speculation. I'm still really looking forward to the car chase scene. I love it when we get vintage cars like that.

I also eagerly await the vintage car... haven't seen the pictures yet, but I know it's got to be good based on what everyone is saying!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only info that was released by leakers is that the Temple of Doom might be canned or postponed, as it (apparently) doesn't appear on any listings, and neither does the second wave, which means it could also be not happening.

None of it was said with any kind of certainty. 

The temple isn’t thought to be postponed or canceled just because there are no listings for it 

Edited by Falconfan1414

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The temple isn’t thought to be postponed or canceled just because there are no listings for it 

Maybe that suggests that it's a LEGO exclusive, but the rest are general release?

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Again that’s not what Brickclicker told me not to rehash everything (I really hope you’re right though)

22 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Maybe that suggests that it's a LEGO exclusive, but the rest are general release?

I’m saying there are more reasons then the no listings for people thinking it’s been canceled or delayed 

No point overacting I guess until we hear the official word one way or the other.

The entire Indiana Jones Lego revival hasn't even been announced yet, so the average consumer isn't going to miss something they never knew about in the first place. 

While Lego do have guidelines they seem to throw them away when it suits them (like having an entire licensed range which literally has "Wars" in the title).

36 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

The entire Indiana Jones Lego revival hasn't even been announced yet, so the average consumer isn't going to miss something they never knew about in the first place. 

Kind of makes me miss the days when I had no idea where the leaks could be found, and never heard any rumors. Just purely surprised when I saw a set in the store or online or in a catalog. Then again, even with some of the nonsense that comes with these leaks and these forums, it's really fun getting to see and discuss sets before they come out. It increases the hype and excitement for me. Too bad it looks like the pre-release hype may lead to a letdown with this potentially-cancelled model. One fewer choice for our budgets if it's truly cancelled, I guess.

How do you guys feel about the 2008-2009 figures? Are they still holding up to today’s standards? IMO, they sure as hell are, I love the face and torso prints so much. Actually I even miss the silly blue eyes on some of the characters, not going to lie. 

23 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

How do you guys feel about the 2008-2009 figures? Are they still holding up to today’s standards? IMO, they sure as hell are, I love the face and torso prints so much. Actually I even miss the silly blue eyes on some of the characters, not going to lie. 

As far as printing I think they definitely hold up. They were top dollar back then. I think all the designs would benefit from dual molding and side printing technology and it looks like we’ll be getting some of that so I’m very excited. With the exception of the fedora which has stood the test of time until now, all the hair/hat pieces could really be better from the old line but those are easy to swap out 

edit: typo !!

Edited by Actor Builder

33 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Other than some of the faces, most of them do still hold up pretty well. The one I think was in need of the biggest upgrade is Indy himself. For the one that holds up the best I would say Henry Jones Sr. I feel like the new one will be extremely similar to the original.

56 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

As far as printing I think they definitely hold up. They were top dollar back then. I think all the designs would benefit from dual molding and side printing technology and it looks like we’ll be getting some of that so I’m very excited. With the exception of the fedora which has stood the test of time until now, all the hair/hat pieces could really be better from the old line but those are easy to swap out 

edit: typo !!

Agreed! I’m eager to swap hair/hat pieces and dual molded legs with the older ones! 

43 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Other than some of the faces, most of them do still hold up pretty well. The one I think was in need of the biggest upgrade is Indy himself. For the one that holds up the best I would say Henry Jones Sr. I feel like the new one will be extremely similar to the original.

I feel like many of us can agree on Elsa being the most cursed. Henry Jones Sr. is indeed one of the best licensed figures out there, I had forgotten about that incredible face print.

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

How do you guys feel about the 2008-2009 figures?

Some of the faces with the oversized blue eyes are a bit disturbing. The torso prints are passable for the most part but don't quite hold up to today's quality (the Russian/German soldiers for instance look more like plastic army men than Lego figures). 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Oh? What are the other reasons?

I’ll try to stay as positive as I can, but man, this is still such a disappointment. It’s like seeing four birthday presents in front of you, and then someone storms in, smashes one of them with a mallet and burns the remains. You may still get the other presents, but that’s not what anyone will remember about that birthday anymore, is it :tongue:

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Kind of makes me miss the days when I had no idea where the leaks could be found, and never heard any rumors.

Same. I love rumours, speculation, and leaks, but this is a HUGE downside to them. Honestly, it’s so much worse than the survey leaks though. In that case, we were at least made aware of the possibility that those may never see the light of day from the getgo. That’s different than learning about a cancellation a few weeks ahead of release :sad:

Speaking of which: why did nobody warn us? This has allegedly been known for months, after all. Might have lessened the blow a bit if we knew before pictures leaked.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh? What are the other reasons?

Seconded. I don’t usually demand information from leakers, but please spill the beans on this one

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This has allegedly been known for months, after all. 

Alleged by who? Where does all the speculation passed off as fact come from?

Marvel mechs - pulled and retooled after review copies had already been sent out to LAN members.

Overwatch 2 set - pulled after it had already been shipped to some stores.

Osprey - pulled after an entire production run had been done for it.

City TNT Factory - as I recall announced to be pulled directly by LEGO, no advance warning from leakers (but maybe I'm misremembering on this particular one)

Point is, this stuff is happening recently what seems to be VERY late in the day.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m saying there are more reasons then the no listings for people thinking it’s been canceled or delayed 

Is that the source of all of this? That the set isn't in the retail listings?

9 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Alleged by who? Where does all the speculation passed off as fact come from?

@Brick Clicker said so in the now-deleted screenshot of a DM.

I hope the leakers can clarify the situation soon. Just rip the band-aid off

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I think they hold up really well. Come to think of it most of the sets hold up well too. I think a lot of them would benefit from dual moulding (like Spalko for example). Plus there are lots of characters in the original wave we never got.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s like seeing four birthday presents in front of you, and then someone storms in, smashes one of them with a mallet and burns the remains. You may still get the other presents, but that’s not what anyone will remember about that birthday anymore, is it :tongue:

That’s a bit hyperbolic don’t you think? To me it’s more like seeing four potential birthday presents that you might like to have and then actually getting 3/4 of them on your birthday. Which, to me growing up, would have been incredible. 

6 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

That’s a bit hyperbolic don’t you think? To me it’s more like seeing four potential birthday presents that you might like to have and then actually getting 3/4 of them on your birthday. Which, to me growing up, would have been incredible. 

It's actually like going to your parents' closet a day before Christmas, and seeing four presents in there — but the next day you only get three of them, and you're confused as to why you didn't get the fourth one.

I may be grasping at straws here, but isn’t the April wave a retailer exclusive in some countries to begin with (e.g. Smyths here in the U.K.)? Perhaps the Dial of Destiny sets will follow a similar release pattern, hence the lack retailer set listings so far.

Realistically with an end of June release date for the film itself, July seems like the sort of timeframe for these sets to release. I can’t imagine why Lego would opt not to release an entire wave of sets unless the reason was a significant one, and like some of you have already mentioned it would make releasing the 3 OT sets seem pointless to begin with.