Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, strangely said:

I mean, I can't say I'm totally surprised. Even without the racism you still have the child abuse/slavery/torture. This probably should have been 18+ set to begin with.

I mean, this movie was part of the reason the PG-13 rating came into existence. It was pretty controversial even then.

That’s true but it’s not like either the sets from the original line or this new line were depicting any of those elements. Both the original and newer sets were careful to only depict the scene of Indy taking the Sankara Stones and the mine cart chase.

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Nobody complained when they made the set in 2009 and clearly no was complaining between 2009 and February 20th 2023. Yet now all the sudden on February 21st 2023 it’s racist and offensive🤡. Like if you’re offended by a movie from 1984 just don’t watch it or buy stuff from said movie 🤷‍♂️

Look, I agree that delaying/cancelling the set (assuming that’s what’s happening) is absurd but complaining about the “wOkE pC mOb” is never not going to be cringeworthy. It’s possible that there’s more to this than any potential offensiveness or cultural insensitivity, like a structural flaw (which may have played a bigger role in the cancellation of the Ospery at least) or changing the design to remove the depiction of Kali.

Edited by The Stud

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What is more likely is that the set has some kind of stability/structural issue, and it has been delayed until said issue can be fixed. This has happened before with the 2021 Marvel mechs, and considering that the set was designed around two years ago (during peak COVID), there may be a similar designed-from-home flaw in this set. 

Regardless of the reason, it’s ironic that this initial lineup of sets was planned for release last year to begin with, but it took until this year for the Temple of Doom to get delayed / cancelled. It’s even likely that these sets have been sitting in warehouses for a while.

@Lego_Minecraft_Goat Oh for crying out loud. Do you have any idea as to why?

Edited by Kaijumeister

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The "woke" debate is stupid in general, but it's especially ridiculous to complain about in a forum discussing INDIANA JONES. Y'know, the franchise that is literally built on murdering Nazis?

Based.

1 minute ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Also it seems like that the second wave is in limbo.

How? People have been clamoring for the return of Lego Indy for over a decade, I just don’t understand how Lego could (potentially) be screwing up this revival?

Just now, Kaijumeister said:

It’s even likely that these sets have been sitting in warehouses for a while.

Now I’m just imagining that scene from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark but with all these Lego Indiana Jones sets.

2 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Source? Also, if this is true, then the entire line may just be being postponed because of (possible) changes to the film’s release-date. 

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

Now I’m just imagining that scene from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark but with all these Lego Indiana Jones sets.

"Top. Men." (Out-of-touch LEGO executives shilling $550 Hulkbusters)

12 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Nobody complained when they made the set in 2009 and clearly no was complaining between 2009 and February 20th 2023. Yet now all the sudden on February 21st 2023 it’s racist and offensive🤡. Like if you’re offended by a movie from 1984 just don’t watch it or buy stuff from said movie 🤷‍♂️

Sure people were complaining, you just didn't care to listen because you were 8 years old and generally not privy to discourse about problematic depictions on non-white people in cinema.

And judging by the way you're expressing yourself now, I reckon you're still not mature enough to talk about this.

Edited by Alegrispa

6 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Called it lego Indiana Jones is over before it even began.

I really hope they're cancelling it because of some fatal flaw like in the Wall-E set. Have we been given any specifics yet?
If it's for the "cultural insensitivity", then my lord I am sick and tired of Lego. Dwindling quality and catering to people who rarely even buy Lego anyway.

I feel like before having a conniption, we should probably wait and see what actually happens with this.  The sets were slated for reveal in like a week, if I'm not mistaken, so maybe just wait?  It's been 14 years since the last sets, waiting another week wouldn't hurt...

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Source? Also, if this is true, then the entire line may just be being postponed because of (possible) changes to the film’s release-date. 

I'm not sure if they’re going to be changing the movie’s release date anymore. They’ve already started their marketing for it and if they were going to change the date for it, they would have done it when Disney shifted Haunted Mansion and The Marvels around the other day. Besides, I haven’t heard anything to suggest any of the other toy or merchandise lines are in limbo or facing any problems. Just Lego for some reason. 

In any case though, I’m probably letting some of my recent frustrations with Lego make me jump to conclusions here. We’ll learn more very soon anyways.

Update Brickclicker  is telling me in DM’s that it was cancelled MONTHS ago and it’s “unfortunate” pictures leaked. 

Update Brickclicker just messaged back saying Indy 5 sets are indeed canned as well. This is unbelievable and depressing on all fronts. 

Edited by Legofan2001

Just now, Legofan2001 said:

Update greekbricks is telling me in DM’s that it was cancelled MONTHS ago and it’s “unfortunate” pictures leaked. 

What about the pictures are "unfortunate"? The whole Indiana wave looks pretty unpolished from the leaks, but I don't see how the Temple of Doom set in particular is anywhere more offensive than the other ones. I even find the Kali mech statue thing kinda cool.

Just now, Legofan2001 said:

Update greekbricks is telling me in DM’s that it was cancelled MONTHS ago and it’s “unfortunate” pictures leaked. 

Oh, is the leak that it's 100% cancelled coming from Greekbricks? I'd disregard it, Greekbricks just reposts other people's leaks, they don't have a source of their own.

Also, if the set was cancelled months ago I don't see why they would've had it pictured with the other sets that were leaked.

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh, is the leak that it's 100% cancelled coming from Greekbricks? I'd disregard it, Greekbricks just reposts other people's leaks, they don't have a source of their own.

Also, if the set was cancelled months ago I don't see why they would've had it pictured with the other sets that were leaked.

Sorry misspoke it’s all from Brickclicker 

edit took down the screenshot because Brickclicker didn’t want me posting it.

Edited by Legofan2001

10 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I'm not sure if they’re going to be changing the movie’s release date anymore. They’ve already started their marketing for it and if they were going to change the date for it, they would have done it when Disney shifted Haunted Mansion and The Marvels around the other day. Besides, I haven’t heard anything to suggest any of the other toy or merchandise lines are in limbo or facing any problems. Just Lego for some reason. 

I just checked the current date, and it is June 30th; if the sets were scheduled for April 1st, I can see LEGO pushing them back a bit just to better coincide with the film’s release. 

9 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Update Brickclicker  is telling me in DM’s that it was cancelled MONTHS ago and it’s “unfortunate” pictures leaked. 

Update Brickclicker just messaged back saying Indy 5 sets are indeed canned as well. This is unbelievable and depressing on all fronts. 

I agree that this is unbelievable, which is why I do not believe you. Also, @Brick Clicker can speak for himself here if he wants to weigh in; I am personally suspicious of someone who is making claims that have not been substantiated elsewhere, and claiming to have received information via DM that could just as easily have been posted to IG. 

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They better explain themselves. Seriously, after years of waiting, they do this to us?! I'm done, screw you TLG

Lol, they don't owe you or anyone an explanation. It was an unannounced, in-production set that they simply cancelled. LEGO deserves a lot of criticism these days, but this ain't it.

Just to clarify I was saying the Indy 5 sets could be cancelled seen as we've seen no leaks for them or any retail listings about them. NOT confirmation. 

Edited by Brick Clicker