Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/24/2023 at 3:28 PM, sammy_zammy said:

Well Indiana Jones is well known for being extremely realistic, after all. What with ghosts melting Nazis, people briefly surviving having their heart ripped out, and a cup that causes you to age rapidly.

I don’t doubt that in the 5th film,

Reveal hidden contents

time travel

will get a similar reception.

I think the issue is partially down to execution and also down to aliens from another dimension being a whole different beast compared to artifacts roughly based on mythology/religion.

Execution is also a bit of an issue.. but thats probably down to lucas and Steven changing over that 20 years.

Never-mind how time travel (as I've heard its supposedly going to be used in the film) is earth shatteringly different in concept to a box that shoots fire or a rock that.. makes plants grow?

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would they leak? The official reveal could happen pretty soon, considering that the first April set was revealed today (the Star-Lord helmet) :laugh:

The same reason any other leaks happen? You're talking as if lego leaks these things on purpose.

Edited by Time77

18 minutes ago, Time77 said:

The same reason any other leaks happen? You're talking as if lego leaks these things on purpose.

My point was that these will likely be officially revealed very soon, so there‘s no real point in hoping for a leak :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My point was that these will likely be officially revealed very soon, so there‘s no real point in hoping for a leak :laugh:

Sooner is always better than later; I remember a few SW sets leaked days before they got revealed last summer

4 hours ago, Time77 said:

Sooner is always better than later; I remember a few SW sets leaked days before they got revealed last summer

I made a similar point earlier.The way lego goes about revealing stuff usually amounts to revealing said products a couple of days before the product releases.And if that's the case then we'll have to wait until the end of March.

Hooray!! :wub: The Temple of Doom is my favourite out of these three :classic: Mola Ram‘s hat looks a lot more accurate now! 

The Escape from the Lost Tomb set got a pretty big upgrade! Looks completely different from the original, but in a good way!

Gah, still the same pith helmet on Henry Jones Sr though. Oh well, that‘s the only real drawback.

Can‘t wait to see the fourth one! :excited:

This is truly the biggest week for LEGO leaks ever. Minfigures for the next Ninjago series, twelve adult set concepts for 2023–2024, and now three sets from the return of Indiana Jones *huh*

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gah, still the same pith helmet on Henry Jones Sr though. Oh well, that‘s the only real drawback.

You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This Sean Connery?

Fighter Plane Chase looks great. The car is really well built, and so is the plane. The road sign is a nice addition. Open jacket for Indy is great, but Senior's hat should've been a new mould.

The Lost Tomb is really impressive. Didn't expect it to look almost like a diorama. The floor could've used more details tho. Great to see Marion has dual-moulded legs.

The Temple of Doom also looks pretty good, although I'm kinda disappointed. The statue amd the whole middle section is completely inaccurate — the skull doesn't even look like a skull. I like that it's more compact, but the base still feels randomly scattered. Minifigures will definitely be the standout tho.

Overall, it's a really good wave, but I need to see it in HD to fully judge it. Hope it happens sooner than later, seeing as it's already leaked.

Honestly these are just OK. My fault for hyping myself up so much over this last year.

The only one that I'd say is actually a letdown is the Well of Souls. It was my most anticipated set, but it's pretty much just a big wall, two identical builds for statues, and a big open floor with not nearly enough snakes. 

The figs look awesome though, and I'll reserve judgement until we get better pics.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Lost Tomb is really impressive. Didn't expect it to look almost like a diorama. The floor could've used more details tho. Great to see Marion has dual-moulded legs

This happens to be the only one I don't like! As a matter of fact, I don't even understand what it's supposed to be happening? The wall falls? Like the whole thing?

I really want to like these, but the only one I really do love is the Citroen/Fighter chase. Time to bricklink some pigeons to uhmmm… maim. The Temple of Doom feels very cartoony for a bloody sacrifice, the statue especially, I much prefer the grounded look of the old one. The one thing this one does better though is the track layout going around instead of straight, doesn’t take up as much space. Very glad to be getting the Maharaja too. The Escape of Lost Tomb kinda feels barren but finally getting Sallah, I can forgive it. Fingers crossed for an epic Temple Escape and better photos. So far not the best impression. 

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

This happens to be the only one I don't like! As a matter of fact, I don't even understand what it's supposed to be happening? The wall falls? Like the whole thing?

It’s just a part of the wall, the bit after the downward slope piece. 

Overall, I definitely need to see more images before making a decision. I’m not as blown away as I wish I was, but there’s still quite a few strong points here.

Henry Sr. without a new hat mould is so disappointing, but I’m sure the modern level of print detail will make up for it. Indy figure looks fantastic as expected, major shoutout to whomever designed the initial whip and bag mould to withstand the test of time so well. The smallest set looks nice overall, love the plane and the car.

Initially, the Lost Tomb set felt too…perpendicular. But it looks like a solid display piece. Sallah with Dengar’s headpiece makes sense and looks great, and the Anubis statues look much more imposing (if a tad derpy, although it’s cool that they’re on turntables so that they can twist as they fall). Also a nice touch of accuracy - there’s a hole in the wall for the snakes to come through! Very cool. The half-shadowed mummy standing ominously in the package art background feels really creepy.

Temple of Doom looks cool enough, even if the statue isn’t very well realised. I suspect these leaked due to Nuremberg Toy Fair currently taking place?

Edited by Kaijumeister

30 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I dont like this new take. The original set was near perfect. Just the statues could have been improved.

The minifigs are definitely the stand outs of the sets. Not overly impressed so far but happy the theme is back! 

The tomb is weird to me, very diorama-esque but looks sparse based on this picture. I really like the Last Crusade set though, both vehicles look great, and I think the Temple of Doom is a real winner both stand-alone and compared to the original! I get that the skull isn’t very accurate but I think it fits the aesthetic of the set quite well.

25 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I meant it more in an impressively-built way, as it looks like no set LEGO has ever done. But yeah, I need to see more angles, as it looks pretty empty. Something is definitely missing.

7 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

lol maybe i'm too old for that :-D

Let your imagination fill the gaps that pixels leave behind.

I think I’ll hold off on buying these until the Dial of Destiny wave is released (July 1st?), and then I’ll buy most, if not all of these in one fell swoop. Can’t wait to see more pictures that do these sets justice.

Uh oh! They don’t look as good as my nostalgia needed them to!! 

I really like the car from Last Crusade and the plane looks alright, although maybe a bit small. The others don’t look great to me but I look forward to seeing better pictures and details. This is exciting!