Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Atrius Kain: You weren’t exactly subtle about it with your writing style, favoured topics, habit of using fictional places as account locations, and tendency to create new topics about potential themes :grin:

He is banned and all his posts are scrubbed, so there's no point tagging him now.

Let's ignore this kind of rubbish and carry on.

4 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Mini figs are Indiana Jones, Hovito, Belloq and Satipo according to Promobricks

Excellent! Finally a proper Alfred Molina minifig :excited: The 2008 Satipo was just Bruce Wayne after paying a visit to Harry Potter‘s stylist and the 2004 Doc Ock was more inspired by the comics than the movie

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Excellent! Finally a proper Alfred Molina minifig :excited: The 2008 Satipo was just Bruce Wayne after paying a visit to Harry Potter‘s stylist and the 2004 Doc Ock was more inspired by the comics than the movie

I was close then.:laugh:  Surprised they didn't include Jock though but I guess they always need a 'villain' in the scene. 

Edited by Legoman123

Delighted to hear the news about the Temple Escape model. 7623 Temple Escape was solid and only had 554 pieces, so 1,545 should allow for great detail in this set. I guess plenty of the extra pieces will be needed for the black base, but the details should be a little more screen-accurate than 7623.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

This seemed like pretty much the only logical choice assuming that they were going with a minifigure-based set.  I'm wondering how it'll be laid out.  I assume it'll probably be a more elaborate version of the 2008 one, since the important parts are the hallway with the boulder, the rope swing pit, the arrow trap, and the actual room with the idol in it, but AFAIK we haven't gotten any 18+ dioramas this large yet, so I have no idea what kind of scale we're looking at.  I think the closest would be the Jurassic Park one, but this is nearly double the price.

Anyway, I'm glad it's coming, though I will most likely skip it, since I have the 2008 version and would rather spend that money on the other three sets in the wave (as I have none of the original versions of them!).

That just about covers most of the big scenes from the original trilogy with the exception of the truck chase, motorcycle chase, rope bridge battle, and Grail temple.  (Not even going to count the tanks, since there's a 0% chance we get them as a set).  To me, that sounds like a perfect grouping of four sets for another wave of sets, so here's hoping...

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

That just about covers most of the big scenes from the original trilogy with the exception of the truck chase, motorcycle chase, rope bridge battle, and Grail temple.  (Not even going to count the tanks, since there's a 0% chance we get them as a set).  To me, that sounds like a perfect grouping of four sets for another wave of sets, so here's hoping...

I'd be thrilled with those four. I think the fight scene at Marion's bar would be cool too, but I don't think LEGO would go for that.

5 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I was close then.:laugh:  Surprised they didn't include Jock though but I guess they always need a 'villain' in the scene. 

Jock wouldn‘t make much sense without his plane, and there is no good way to integrate it into a diorama :shrug_oh_well:

8 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

This seemed like pretty much the only logical choice assuming that they were going with a minifigure-based set.  I'm wondering how it'll be laid out.  I assume it'll probably be a more elaborate version of the 2008 one, since the important parts are the hallway with the boulder, the rope swing pit, the arrow trap, and the actual room with the idol in it, but AFAIK we haven't gotten any 18+ dioramas this large yet, so I have no idea what kind of scale we're looking at.  I think the closest would be the Jurassic Park one, but this is nearly double the price.

Anyway, I'm glad it's coming, though I will most likely skip it, since I have the 2008 version and would rather spend that money on the other three sets in the wave (as I have none of the original versions of them!).

The Grail Temple is still very high on my list, it's between that and the KOTCS temple, I'm sure we will get another wave as we now have it confirmed that no KOTCS sets are coming in this one. 

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Jock wouldn‘t make much sense without his plane, and there is no good way to integrate it into a diorama :shrug_oh_well:

They could have it flying overhead?

I'm glad they've gone for this. It's the most iconic scene and is most likely to draw people in. Also a decent size to allow them to do it really well.

Interesting that the rumor states the diorama will have "3 sections": maybe they'll be set at 45⁰ angles like in the 2008 set? That could also explain why this one apparently includes two quote tiles, have the LEGO Indy logo tile on the center section and one quote each for the left and right sections.

I’m also wondering which Indy-exclusive parts they’re gonna bring back. Now with the temple confirmed, I’d be happy with the old idol piece, which still holds up very well :sweet: Mola Ram’s fancy hat also doesn’t need a redesign IMO

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m also wondering which Indy-exclusive parts they’re gonna bring back. Now with the temple confirmed, I’d be happy with the old idol piece, which still holds up very well :sweet: Mola Ram’s fancy hat also doesn’t need a redesign IMO

Honestly, I think a new piece for Mola Ram's headdress is likely. The sides of the headdress don't come over his face in the movie like they do on the 2009 minifig, and the existing cattle horns are the completely wrong shape and length. They'll likely do a new piece with built-in, accurate horns.

As for the Idol, they probably will keep the same piece, but since this is 2023 I fully expect them to cheap out and just put it in pearl gold rather than the painted metallic gold of the original.

Oh, hell yeah, official confirmation and rumour of the €150-€170 set being a Temple Escape Diorama.

Raiders is my favourite Indy movie so I'm pumped if the biggest set is based on it.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

He is banned and all his posts are scrubbed, so there's no point tagging him now.

Let's ignore this kind of rubbish and carry on.

Thank you, I thought there was something off about that guy.

16 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

As for the Idol, they probably will keep the same piece, but since this is 2023 I fully expect them to cheap out and just put it in pearl gold rather than the painted metallic gold of the original.

Man, that would suck. I was pretty close to buying the old idol piece on bricklink for 15 bucks last year, but it sold and I'm now to afraid to look up for how much it goes. :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. Plus a proper Belloq figure too. The last one just used Malfoy's head. 

I am ridiculously excited about this one. I usually wait for good deals on expensive sets but if they stick the landing on this I might just buy it day 1. To be frank, I’d be quite happy even if it’s basically just a diorama-style remake of 7623 but with a much higher piece-count/amount of detail. And, as a fan of the man, I am really glad to be getting a modern Alfred Molina figure hahaha

Edit: Having read the Promobricks article now, the monkey’s paw has curled a little—the set is apparently smaller than 7623, despite the piece count. Not supremely weird though considering the fact that the level of detail will probably be a lot higher.

Edited by VincentLord

Glad to see that my prediction about the big set being based off the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark is correct. The original version is one of the childhood sets I regret missing out on the most. 

I’m very eager to see pictures of this Indy wave! I’ll probably wait until the Indy 5 sets release in June(?) so I can get all eight around the same time.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Man, that would suck. I was pretty close to buying the old idol piece on bricklink for 15 bucks last year, but it sold and I'm now to afraid to look up for how much it goes. :laugh_hard:

Right now it goes for about $20 in good condition. I know because earlier today I went on Bricklink to see if it'd be worth it to sell mine :head_back:

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Why are you the Instagram account that posted it? :laugh:

No. It's just funny to me how much people clown people for believing rumors that turn out to be true and don't apologize because their supersized ego won't allow it

58 minutes ago, VincentLord said:

I am ridiculously excited about this one. I usually wait for good deals on expensive sets but if they stick the landing on this I might just buy it day 1. To be frank, I’d be quite happy even if it’s basically just a diorama-style remake of 7623 but with a much higher piece-count/amount of detail. And, as a fan of the man, I am really glad to be getting a modern Alfred Molina figure hahaha

Edit: Having read the Promobricks article now, the monkey’s paw has curled a little—the set is apparently smaller than 7623, despite the piece count. Not supremely weird though considering the fact that the level of detail will probably be a lot higher.

7623 is very big. I think it's easy to make a temple with that piece count, not missing any of the room (entrance, skeleton and ball corridor, the well room and the treasure room) and it being smaller that the 7623.

24 studs for the first sections, 10 for the second one and maybe 20 or 24 for the treasure room. The JP diorama is 48 studs, and the temple should be narrower.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm still not sure if this diorama needed to cost 150€. 

I mean, it feels kind of like overdoing it.

Depends on how it’s realised :classic: We can’t really tell before we see it

This could just be a translation error from using Safari’s webpage translation feature, but did anyone catch the bit on Promobricks’ article today stating that the upcoming wave (singular) will be comprised of eight sets? The table lower down on the article still doesn’t assign an April release date to the DoD sets, but I wonder if this does indeed mean that everything will be released at once.

No surprise at all that the largest OT set is a Hovitos temple diorama, it’s the quintessential Indy set piece after all. Hoping we get an Alfred Molina figure from two franchises this year!

Also find it really wholesome that Ke Huy Quan’s return to the big screen corresponds with his return as a minifigure.

Edited by Kaijumeister

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

7623 is very big. I think it's easy to make a temple with that piece count, not missing any of the room (entrance, skeleton and ball corridor, the well room and the treasure room) and it being smaller that the 7623.

24 studs for the first sections, 10 for the second one and maybe 20 or 24 for the treasure room. The JP diorama is 48 studs, and the temple should be narrower.

I am surprised it's smaller to be honest but if everything is included then I won't complain. As long as it has the entrance, spider area, boulder feature, hole in the ground with drop down wall, spears that shoot out the wall on the fake floor and treasure room I'll be happy, but that just seems a lot to include if it is going to be smaller than the original version.