Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

And I’ve heard from a reliable source that George Lucas has a cameo in the movie, stabs Indy with a lightsaber, and then places his corpse in a museum.

Source: Trust me, bro.

14 minutes ago, The Real Indiana Jones said:

...Hmmm, "debunked"? or just "fervently denied"?  Remember, James Mangold has a vested financial interest in denying it! 

Obviously he is going to say "hey, guys, everything is fine!  This is fine!"  [cue dog meme]  =D

Yeah the “leaks” are extremely fake. There haven’t been test screenings of the movie when the claims started. Plus it was some random YouTuber that made these claims. 

Not to mention those bogus rumours started circulating quite a while back, well before even the trailer debuted. I detest how this brand of sensationalist clickbait nonsense catches traction far too quickly.

So what’s everyone’s most anticipated April set? It’s a mix between the Fighter Plane Chase and Well of Souls for me.

4 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Not to mention those bogus rumours started circulating quite a while back, well before even the trailer debuted. I detest how this brand of sensationalist clickbait nonsense catches traction far too quickly.

So what’s everyone’s most anticipated April set? It’s a mix between the Fighter Plane Chase and Well of Souls for me.

Out of the ones we know, I would say the temple of doom. How ever if that 170$ 18+ set is the temple with the Boulder, than that would be it.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

It's gotta be the Well of Souls for me. The original was one of my favorite sets as a kid (if I go digging on the old family computer back home I could probably an old brickfilm or two I made with it), and the idea of an expanded version with more figs, more brick built detail, and modern parts is super exciting!

Really curious to see how Lego is going to handle the ark build this time around too. And I know it's not really in the scene, but a 1x1 print of the headpiece would be the icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, Lego Indiana jones fan said:

Out of the ones we know, I would say the temple of doom. How ever if that 170$ 18+ set is the temple with the Boulder, than that would be it.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Portal Out

56 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

It's gotta be the Well of Souls for me. The original was one of my favorite sets as a kid (if I go digging on the old family computer back home I could probably an old brickfilm or two I made with it), and the idea of an expanded version with more figs, more brick built detail, and modern parts is super exciting!

Really curious to see how Lego is going to handle the ark build this time around too. And I know it's not really in the scene, but a 1x1 print of the headpiece would be the icing on the cake.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And I’ve heard from a reliable source that George Lucas has a cameo in the movie, stabs Indy with a lightsaber, and then places his corpse in a museum.  Source: Trust me, bro.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah the “leaks” are extremely fake. There haven’t been test screenings of the movie when the claims started. Plus it was some random YouTuber that made these claims. 

5 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

25 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

Lol, you believe such megablocks? You know these fake rumours are made by trolls, right? It's all political actually so I won't enter into that but I think we all know which side does this.

I assure you it is fake, I followed this film's BTS for years, majority of leaks are all fake.

Hahahaha, uh oh, "unpopular opinion alert", huh?  =D

It seems pretty obvious that all CGI movies nowadays have constant reshoots, and various test versions, and alternate cuts that get buried deep in a vault somewhere.  They want to avoid the catastrophe of The Phantom Menace, where everyone trusts the director to do a good job, and then when it comes out, everyone mocks it!

See you in June!

Indy Out

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

2 hours ago, The Real Indiana Jones said:

Hahahaha, uh oh, "unpopular opinion alert", huh?  =D

Spreading obviously fake information originating from the sick mind of a hateful troll living in his mother’s basement naming himself after male genitalia is indeed unpopular. Go figure :poke:

8 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I’m immensely looking forward to all of them, but if I have to pick one, it’d be the Temple of Doom. Can’t wait to see the updated Mola Ram and Short Round minifigs!

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m immensely looking forward to all of them, but if I have to pick one, it’d be the Temple of Doom. Can’t wait to see the updated Mola Ram and Short Round minifigs!

I’m excited to see which hat piece they’ll using for Short Round. I’m guessing it’ll be the Stranger Things hair-hat combo even though the hair isn’t that accurate, but they’ll probably just go with the regular baseball cap piece since Mola Ram is for sure going to have a crazy new helmet mold.

edit: after posting this, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m officially out of things to say about these rumors. See you all when new leaks come out.

Edited by Portal Out

Here's something then. If the larger set is indeed an 18+ diorama of the Raiders opening scene, do you think it will have movement/play features.

So far the dioramas have been static, except for the Death Star trash compactor. It feels like a wasted opportunity with such a large base, so I wonder if they'll incorporate a mechanism in there to make things happen, perhaps all on the turn of a handle. What kind of functions would you like to see?

10 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

What kind of functions would you like to see?

Assuming the set actually is portraying the opening scene of RotlA, I would definitely like to see some booby traps! The most important ones were all covered in the 2008 set, so incorporating them again into this set should be pretty easy.

The biggest question mark to me is the boulder. I doubt they’d repurpose that big ball element, even though it made sense as the movie version was very round too :grin: Then again, a brick-built version just wouldn’t be able to roll properly

I can't see how the set wouldn't to be honest.  A diorama that includes both play features and can be used as an awesome display piece would sell both well with kids and adults.  If the set is $160 then surely it will include these features.  I may be wrong but isn't that the most expensive diorama to date? (providing it is a diorama)

Edit: It will also be a chance to get Belloq as he won't be in the tomb set.  

Are we expecting a new Lego Indi game at all?  I'd be surprised if they don't do one. 

Edited by Legoman123

13 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

It will also be a chance to get Belloq as he won't be in the tomb set.  

Exactly! I liked the 2008 version of his back in the day, but they could do so much better nowadays than a colour-swapped pith helmet atop Draco Malfoy’s face :laugh_hard:

20 minutes ago, Atrius Kain said:

Oh wow, the fraud said it's actually a Raiders diorama and was a mistake with the kingdom of crystal skull name. LMAO

FTFY :grin:

Gee, did somebody realise that a Raiders set would make a lot more sense and thus change their story? What a coincidence :laugh_hard: 

That would-be Potter leaker from 2020 looks positively genius compared to this doofus

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

FTFY :grin:

Gee, did somebody realise that a Raiders set would make a lot more sense and thus change their story? What a coincidence :laugh_hard: 

That would-be Potter leaker from 2020 looks positively genius compared to this doofus

Good point. At least Kingnono managed to string people along for a couple months.

10 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

I William laugh so hard at all the haters when Indy 5 is amazing and makes 1 billion dollars. 

No sir, one Indillion smackeroos!

17 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

It's the raiders tomb for me, almost definitely on my 'buy list' for the others it depends how they come out looking.

16 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

So I see an apology incoming…

Why are you the Instagram account that posted it? :laugh:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hahaha what a throwback

Huh, first time a one post leaker was actually right. Considering he amended the movie four hours ago, I guess he got it, the only thing wrong being the price. Idk, maybe this was obvious, but unless the Minifigure count ends up incorrect, looks like we may have a bit of a strange scenario on our hands. Or, he just got lucky. 
In any case, this is really the only set I wanted out of the theme, so I actually am quite happy about this, provided it looks good. 

So if we are assuming that the leaker who posted on instagram is correct he said the set would come with four minifigures.  My guess would be Indiana, Belloq, Satipo and jock (the pilot).  I can't think of anyone else in that scene. 

16 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Huh, first time a one post leaker was actually right. Considering he amended the movie four hours ago, I guess he got it, the only thing wrong being the price. Idk, maybe this was obvious, but unless the Minifigure count ends up incorrect, looks like we may have a bit of a strange scenario on our hands. Or, he just got lucky. 
In any case, this is really the only set I wanted out of the theme, so I actually am quite happy about this, provided it looks good. 

I mean unless he read this forum after and then changed it. He could have made an educated guess as this has been the general guess census for that set.  As for the amount of minifigures it could  again be an educated guess as I'm pretty sure there is only 4 characters who appear in that opening scene that would bare any real relevance to be included in the set. My previous post included these as my guess for the minifigures. 

EDIT: Apologies for the double post, my computer had shown posts below my previous and now just reverted back.  

Edited by Legoman123

15 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Or, he just got lucky. 

EVERYBODY in this thread guessed that correctly, and even the “four minifigs” tidbit might be a lucky guess :tongue: Yeah, no apology from me.

@Atrius Kain: You weren’t exactly subtle about it with your writing style, favoured topics, habit of using fictional places as account locations, and tendency to create new topics about potential themes :grin: