Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

77015, the 150€ April set, has 1545 pieces, and is an 18+ set.

Definitely intriguing. 

Still think it’s gotta be either a diorama of the Idol Temple from Raiders or some sort of buildable object/life-sized object collection.

Either sounds amazing, and the only thing that sounds better is being totally surprised by something we weren’t expecting

So funny that they're skipping The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I also think that the biggest set will be based on something from the first movie, a diorama (like the Jurassic Park or Star Wars ones). The first scene sounds the most likely, as it would make for a pretty long section.

I have no idea what they'd need over 1,500 pieces for tho.

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That actually kind of disappoints me. I do understand why they decided to skip it though and it would have been rather weird if the most expensive set of the wave was based on the least beloved movie. 

P.s. I grew up with the fourth movie and actually quite like it! 

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It makes sense though,it's the least loved movie of the series so much so that many people pretend it doesn't exist.

And also I have a feeling that the sets based on that movie back in the day didn't sell very well compared to the ones who are based on the OG movies.

25 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

And also I have a feeling that the sets based on that movie back in the day didn't sell very well compared to the ones who are based on the OG movies.

That's probably the case! In my experience the sets based on KOTCS sell for less money on the aftermarket as well (which does indicate the demand for them). 

I just saw a post by a user named 'exabrickslegogo_' on Instagram saying that the set should be 169,99 dollars instead of 149,99 dollars. 

Edited by Legopls
Additional info!

On 12/22/2022 at 7:32 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

LEGO has a weird tendency of revealing some things so late that they've already leaked everywhere else.

But they've gotten better at handling reveals recently, the only wave they've messed up for 2023 was Star Wars.

Tbf this theme leaked about 3 years ago so they’d have to reveal it VERY early to beat that!

I'll say though that it is annoying that we still don't know anything about the contents of the set.We haven't gotten any new significant info ever since promobricks shared the news way back in the summer.

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Have they said they are skipping KOTCS? Personally I think we’ll just get sets based on that the year after. 

Yeah, Promobricks said so.

And I'm not sure if there will be a year after. It could be just a one-off.

I also theorized that this theme won't last more than a year,at this point I expect it to last atleast two.Unless the sales end up so good which will result to this being a semi evergreen theme which I doubt.

But it is interesting that right of the bat we're getting an expensive 18+ set.This could signal TLGs long term plan,if they have one.

Since the fourth set is now almost certainly not based on KotCS, I‘m hoping for more sets next year :sceptic: This is Deathly Hallows all over again :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since the fourth set is now almost certainly not based on KotCS, I‘m hoping for more sets next year :sceptic: This is Deathly Hallows all over again :laugh_hard:

Well I wouldn't mind a new mold for the crystal skull to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Well I wouldn't mind a new mold for the crystal skull to be honest.

Exactly! I don‘t need a ton of sets like in 2008, but at least one set with a new crystal skull, Mutt, Mac, Spalko, and Dovchenko would be fantastic :thumbup:

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Except Deathly Hallows is the 'epic conclusion' of the franchise, beloved by many, while The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is... well, you know :tongue:

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Except Deathly Hallows is the 'epic conclusion' of the franchise, beloved by many, while The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is... well, you know :tongue:

Doesn‘t matter :tongue: It‘s part of the franchise whether people like it or not, and even if you dislike the movie, it has excellent set potential!

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doesn‘t matter :tongue: It‘s part of the franchise whether people like it or not, and even if you dislike the movie, it has excellent set potential!

True, but the demand would be different.

I am curious to see if this theme will continue beyond 2023. Personally, I don't think so, but I definitely hope it will.

1 hour ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm so excited to see these! :excited:

Can’t wait! Looking forward to building them all. No crystal skull sets, even better! Definitely going to be my big purchase of 2023. One massive LOtR set, or an entire wave of IJ? My heart and my pocket book both lean heavily towards IJ! 

That sounds insane. I wonder if the set is a diorama like the T-Rex Breakout set but based of the Hovitos Temple? 

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

True, but the demand would be different.

And at the end of the day this is what matters the most.If they are shelve warmers then it doesn't matter whenever they are part of the franchise or not,people simply don't care about them.

Edited by Pulp Detective

A Hovitos Temple diorama would be awesome, my only concern is how the entire set piece is quite linear and segmented, which could prove quite challenging to translate to the ‘bounded’ scope that the diorama sets usually offer. Especially with that piece count.

There’s the doorway with spiders, trap with Forrestal, chasm to swing across, and the final fertility idol chamber with the arrow traps. Not to mention the rail for the boulder that runs throughout the temple. All of that would fit a play set better than a diorama in my opinion.

But saying that, perhaps the diorama is just the fertility idol chamber? Yoda’s Hut from this year showed us how piece counts can be padded out by small pieces for detail and I can see that being the case here. Not to mention elements like the arrow traps, masonry, and foliage if that part of the temple is what Lego will focus on. 

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Something tells me that an 18+ set is not gonna be a playset :laugh_hard:

Yea I know but what I really meant was I'd prefer not a diorama but something akin to the mos eisley cantina ucs set.

I just want to know what the Last Crusade set is going to be as that’s my favourite movie. It’d be nice to get the Grail Diary as a book with a printed tile like the Harry Potter ones.